At Long Last: Gwen Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we walked across campus for the interview Gwen asked me for any last minute advice I might have and I indicated there was one cautionary note I'd like to suggest.

"Doug Gottlieb will likely be in the group interviewing you. He's good. He's so good he's world-class. Pay attention to him. He's small and wiry with a big shock of dark hair. I've seen him trick some doctoral students at their oral defense with this trick."

"He'll pose a stats problem for you in the form of a word problem and ask you how you'd solve it. The word problem, to all appearances will look, for example, like a non-parametric data problem. You might say that and then say something like 'Let's look at all the assumptions underlying the non-parametric tests' and then you'll launch into a recitation of the assumptions, looking for the best fit for this problem. At this point Doug will start smiling and nodding his head up-and-down and he's feeding you all kinds of positive reinforcement."

"However, nested within his word problem was a very subtle suggestion that you're really dealing with parametric data and all his positive reinforcement is leading you down a blind alley and he'll blind-side you when you finish answering the question."

"If you respond to one of his questions and he starts that smiling and nodding, stop in your tracks and back up, because you overlooked something. You'll know with Doug that you're on the right track when he stares at you without expression."

"My advice is, take as long as you like to consider one of his questions and proceed only when you're sure you understand it fully."

Gwen smiled at me and said, "Oh, Old Man, why couldn't I have had you as my adviser in grad school?"

"Uh, I think we talked about that once and decided that would not have worked very well."

"I know," Gwen said, "but I can dream, can't I?"

We were at the steps of the building where Gwen's interview was to be conducted and Gwen kissed me and said, "Don't worry. I'll be OK. Go drink coffee in the Union and I'll find you when I'm done."

I watched Gwen go up the steps and into the building and I turned around and returned to the Union to wait.

I then endured the longest two hours of my life. After an eternity of looking at my watch I looked up and saw Gwen and Doug Gottlieb approaching. I stood and they walked up to the table and I motioned them to sit.

I looked at Gwen and she winked at me and I exhaled loudly enough that the trees outside the building bent over.

Doug shook my hand and said, "Hail, O Ancient and Ugly One."

My response to Doug was, "Where, Whiz Kid, do you get the temerity to refer to me as 'ugly'?"

We all sat and I asked Gwen, "How are you?"

She gave me the Mona Lisa smile and said, "Good, Old Man."

I looked at Doug and he asked, "Do you have any more of her stashed somewhere?"

I had to smile at that and responded, "No, the mold was broken when this one was created."

"That's too bad," was Doug's response. "She's really first-rate. And, as far as the vote to hire or not, I can't imagine any negative votes at all. She's gets an enthusiastic thumbs-up from me. As for the rest of the committee, I can't comprehend anyone finding anything negative about Gwen."

I said, "It's very nice of you to walk Gwen back here to the Union."

Doug smiled, "It was my pleasure to walk across campus with a smart and beautiful woman."

"While you're here, Doug, let me ask you about an issue."

"OK," was Doug's response.

"I'm going, Doug, in July on three consultations to chemical companies and we're making a trip to Dubai also in July. These trips are wearing me out. A younger person needs to pick up the chemical consultations. I'd like to suggest to the chemical companies that you be given the most serious consideration as my replacement. May I recommend you as my replacement to these companies?"

Doug said he'd love to be considered for these consulting jobs as long as they did not involve more than twelve days of travel per year."

"Good enough. I'll urge them to give you their fullest consideration."

"Who is the 'we' on the Dubai trip?" Doug asked.

"We," I responded, nodding to Gwen. "Gwen is accompanying me and she's going to wear a veil and walk ten paces behind me singing, 'Praise be to Allah for delivering to me such a magnificent husband.'"

Doug laughed harder than I'd ever heard him laugh and Gwen stuck out her tongue at me and said, "You idiot! Wait until we're alone."

Still laughing, Doug stood and said to Gwen, "It was a pleasure meeting and interviewing you. I hope I'm right when I say, I look forward to greeting you as a colleague in August."

He turned to me and said, "Good seeing you, O Ancient and Ugly One."

Doug paused a moment and then said, "Have a wonderful wedding, too. Shalom!"

As Doug walked away, Gwen turned to me and said, "I have to pee."

As she headed for the bathroom I simply convulsed in my seat. I actually drew attention to myself by laughing so loudly.

When I got some semblance of control I looked skyward and muttered a quick prayer of thanks.

A happy and even gleeful Gwen returned and said, "Let's walk! I feel like I'm walking on air and I also feel drained. Wow! That was some interview!"

My response was, "Whatever it was, you must have knocked their socks off."

Gwen said, "I hope so! It was tough, it was draining, but it was so professional and the people interviewing me were so smart. It was like being back at MIT again where everyone shows up to work knowing they have to be at their best because everyone expects nothing less than their best. It was simply exhilarating!"

I think I was grinning like the Village Idiot at this point.

"And," Gwen said, "You were right about Doug. He nearly threw me with a regression question, but I told him that discriminant analysis was actually better in the scenario he described."

"Who was there?" I asked?

"Well, let's see. There was a fellow from the Teaching Center, Randy somebody. There was Doug. There was a fellow named Morton and a big, scary guy whose last name is Maloof, and a very stern, unsmiling woman named Patricia."

I stopped walking and just looked at Gwen. She looked at me questioningly. I said, "Princess, don't you ever doubt yourself again. You just won over what has to be the toughest bunch of interviewers imaginable."

I went on to give Gwen her interviewing team's pedigrees and their work at the University. Gwen smiled and said, "I'm glad I didn't know all that before the interview."

I let out a big sigh of relief that the ordeal was over and asked, "Where do you want to go now?"

The little Princess gave me one of her smiles and said, "I want to go home and ravish you!"

"Oh, OK! A splendid idea," was my retort.

We drove home with me driving and Gwen in the passenger seat with her head back and her eyes closed. Occasionally, she would remark, "Gosh that was fun," or "Gee, that was challenging."

When we reached home, Derek's piece-of-crap car was in the drive way and we walked inside to find Derek and Barb seated in the living room talking. Barb ran to her Mom to ask how the interview went and Gwen assured Barb that it had gone well and all indications were that a positive outcome was pending. Barb was really excited and Derek looked pleased.

Gwen saw Derek standing stiffly and urged him to be seated. He said, "Thank you," and seated himself. I walked over to Derek and slipped him some money and said, "For dinner with, and entertainment of, Barb tonight."

Derek immediately stood and stiffly thanked me. I looked at him and said, "Sit down Cow Fodder." Derek sat.

Barb turned to me and said, "Will, Derek was telling me he's waiting for you to read his dissertation. Will you please read it so he can get on with his life?"

I stared off into space for a long while and finally turned to Barb and said, "I'm trying to think of a scenario in which I would ever be bored enough to want to pick up Derek's drivel and read it."

Barb looked at me unbelievingly. Derek looked like he was going to cry. Gwen rolled her eyes at me and said, "Stop being an idiot."

Then I grinned and looked at Derek and said, "I have read your pitiful contribution to the field and it's actually outstanding. Go see the departmental secretary and schedule your oral defense of it."

Derek leaped to his feet and shouted, "Oh, thank you, Professor!"

Barb and Gwen were smiling and I looked at Derek and said, "Would you stop being a damn pogo stick and just sit down? You're making me nervous with all this jumping up and down."

Derek dropped to his seat like he was shot.

Then I asked him, "Who's on your committee, anyway? I've lost track of that since you started the dissertation."

Derek responded, "You are my adviser and dissertation director and committee chair and Dr. Gottlieb and Dr. Maloof make up the rest of my committee."

I took a long, hard look at Derek and said, "BOTH Gottlieb and Maloof? Son, you either have a death wish or you have cojones the size of watermelons."

Derek said, "Well, Sir, I certainly have no death wish and I have no idea what cojones are."

"Balls, Son. Most of us have them between our legs, but I think yours are hanging between your ears."

Derek blushed and Gwen and Barb simultaneously yelled, "Will!"

I looked at Barb and said, "You be quiet. One of you is more than enough. I don't need your Mom in stereo."

Derek piped up and said, "But, Professor, you approved of both Dr. Gottlieb and Dr. Maloof."

"I did?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Wow, that must have been when I still thought you had a brain."

I thought for a minute and said, "Well...we'll serve them coffee laced with Valium at your orals and maybe they'll be is a stupor and just sign off."

Derek very tentatively asked, "May I start looking for a position for the Fall Semester now that you've read my dissertation?"

"Do what you want, but I have interviews set up for you in California and Pennsylvania and, if you don't like anything there, I've you got lined up as a visiting prof right here for next year."

Derek was speechless. Barb looked glad. Gwen started laughing and said, "The Godfather strikes again."

That damned Derek was on his feet again almost shouting, "Oh, Dr. David, I can't thank you enough!"

I shot back, "Yes, you can. Leave and take this half-pint nag with you," and I nodded at Barb.

Barb stuck out her tongue at me in the exact manner Gwen does and Gwen collapsed into laughter.

Derek grabbed Barb's hand and as they departed, Barb said, "Isn't Will wonderful?"

Derek said, "Gee, if you find him wonderful you must think Genghis Khan is a candidate for sainthood."

I yelled, "I heard that Cow Fodder!"

The only response was Barb's tinkling laughter.

The two youngsters were out the door and Gwen was in my lap kissing me and smiling.

When we came up for air I smiled at Gwen and told her, "You really, really did well today. Please, never doubt yourself again."

Gwen's eyes misted and she hugged me and said, "Take me to our bedroom."

I got up with Gwen in my arms and carried her to the bedroom and put her down. She commenced doffing her clothes in every direction and I whistled, "Wow, panties even. You did take this seriously."

"Well," Gwen wanted to know, "what are you waiting for Old Man?"

"I was enjoying the view. I'll never get enough of your beautiful body."

Gwen was now undressed and was cupping her ta-tas in her hands and pointing them at me. She said, "That was a nice try at recovering from that crack about me walking ten paces behind you. I should thank Allah for delivering an old fossil to me."

I simply shook my head at the little vixen and finished undressing. Gwen shouted, "On your back on the bed."

Dutiful to the letter of the law, I laid down in the middle of the bed on my back. Gwen climbed on the bed and positioned her little pussy over my face while she laid on top of me and grabbed my cock. She sucked away and I followed suit by licking the length of her pussy. I was enjoying the sensations in my cock no end while I watched Gwen's flower petals open to my tongue.

Very suddenly I lurched and yelled, "What was that?" as a pain shot up my cock. Gwen fell off me laughing hysterically and I looked down and discovered that Atlas had jumped up on the bed and had expressed his high regard for me by licking my erect cock.

Atlas looked at Gwen who was laughing uncontrollably and at me and back at Gwen and back at me. I got up and picked up the little guy and gave him a hard massage along his back. He enjoyed it so much he forgot to look inscrutable. I lifted him higher and kissed him on the top of his head and put him on the floor.

I looked back at a still hysterical Gwen and asked, "Where were we?"

Gwen was still laughing and gasping for breath and she rolled over in an apparent attempt to get on her stomach but, succeeded instead to perform the improbable of falling off a king sized bed whereupon she landed with a thud on the floor.

I heard an "Ooouuuffff" when she hit the floor.

I ran around the bed to check Gwen. I got down on my knees at her head in time for Gwen to say, "I'm OK."

When she raised her head she was looking directly at Ivan, and without missing a beat, she reached out and scooped my cock into her mouth and resumed sucking. I found this inordinately funny and began laughing as Gwen sucked harder and then alternated sucking and stroking. When she had me really hard, Gwen released me, got up, and climbed on the bed.

She patted the bed beside her and I climbed onto it and laid on my back. Gwen swung her leg over me and grasped Ivan and directed him to Anastasia. When she had Ivan correctly aligned I lifted my hips and entered Gwen. She lowered herself onto me and grimaced with the pleasure and then began to rock up and down.

She leaned forward as far as she could and beckoned me forward. I leaned forward as much as I could as Gwen cupped her right ta-ta and tried to feed her nipple to me. There was no way, given our height differential, that my mouth could reach her. She moaned, "Damn!" and slid off my cock in order to give me her nipple.

I took her nipple into my mouth and sucked. While sucking, I slid the middle finger of my right hand into Gwen's very, very wet pussy and pumped it into and out of her. She gripped my wrist and thrust back and forth on my finger while I continued to suck her. Gwen was moaning and tossing her head back and forth, but she found the wherewithal to stop screwing my finger. She pulled her nipple from my lips and moved back in order to locate my cock which she found and moved to the mouth of her pussy again.

Again, I thrust into her and she screamed, "Ohhhhh, so good!" She began sliding up and down my cock ten or twelve times and then, with a determined look, stopped her humping and slid off my cock and again offered me her breast, this time her left one.

"Suck hard, Will," Gwen begged.

I did suck hard, and I also slipped two fingers into her pussy and, to both her surprise and mine, the presence of two fingers, induced a powerful orgasm in Gwen. Her eyes first widened, then her mouth widened into the letter 'O' and the she gripped me by my shoulders, thrust hard against my hand, and my fingers and hand were drenched with her fluids. She was frozen for a moment and then¸ with a sob, she collapsed into me.

I carefully laid back pulling Gwen on top of me and held her while she gasped for breath.

When both her breath and sanity returned she said, "Oh, Old Man, you didn't cum."

I assured her I was fine and just wanted to hold her and tell her, again, how wonderful she was, and how wonderfully she had done in her interview this afternoon.

"Thank you, Old Man," was her simple response. She laid very still on me as I massaged her beautiful bottom. After a few minutes, she propped herself on her elbows and looked intently at me.

"What?" I asked.

Gwen asked, "Why did Doug Gottlieb call you 'Ancient and Ugly'? No one has ever found you ugly."

I laughed and said, "I'm not sure I have all the facts, but I'll share with you what I do know. Doug was flown to the west coast to interview an aerospace company for a consulting position."

"He showed up for the interview in one of his goofy outfits that he thinks is the height of fashion. I think he had on faded jeans, a nice dress shirt, with the tail out, and a ratty sports coat. I mean he was Mr. Spiffy by his standards."

"Anyway, when he didn't get the job he was furious and he called the company to find out why he didn't get hired and also to learn why they hired a guy who wasn't as sharp as he was."

"He was told he just didn't look 'corporate enough' and the company was afraid to put him in front of any stockholders or investors. Doug went bananas when he heard that and he was complaining about the company's stupid decision around the department and someone said, 'Well, you should learn to dress like Will David' and Doug responded, 'That ugly old dude?' and since then I've been, to him, the 'Ancient and Ugly One.'"

"Will David?"

"What?"

"I want us to get married here in Alabama, not back in Virginia."

It wasn't unusual for the Princess to surprise me, but this change in her thinking really surprised me."

I gave her thought some consideration and concluded, "What the heck?"

Accordingly, I said, "It's fine with me if you're sure this is what you want to do."

"It really is. It's beautiful here and I love it and the change in you since we arrived here is amazing. In Virginia, you were low-key, but here you are so relaxed it's amazing."

"That's interesting," I noted, Then I asked, "Have you made any arrangement in Virginia that can't be un-made?"

"Nope," was Gwen's response. "A few phone calls and everything put in place there will be undone."

"OK, let's do it," I said. "Let's see if the minister and church are available."

"I'll take care of that," Gwen said.

"You will?"

"Yes, I will, but first you have to screw me again."

With that Gwen attacked my cock and sucked me back to hardness. This time she got underneath me and I mounted her and we may have set a record for the longest, most enjoyable screw in the history of mankind.

Afterwards, we lay side by side stroking each other and kissing and Gwen had a far-away look in her eyes. After a long while she re-focused and said to me, "Life is funny. What if I had not submitted that paper to the national conference? What if you hadn't been asked to be the responder?"

With that, she burst into tears and rolled into me to be held.

The next few days were absolutely bizarre. The house was in fine shape and we had furniture delivered and in the midst of that chaos, Barb got a call from the Sociology Department saying they wanted to hire her as an assistant to the chairperson.

Gwen got a call from my chairperson informing her that he was pleased to offer her a position beginning in August as a Senior Lecturer and at a decent salary at that.

I got a call from Dubai saying that their intelligence service had partially uncovered a plot to kill or kidnap any westerners in the Emirates. I was politely, but firmly, told that my consultation would have to take place via e-mail and Skype. Needless to say, both Gwen and I were disappointed, but I readily agreed that the consultation would go forward.

With the trip to Dubai cancelled, I told Gwen we had no options, but to go to Hawaii in July to make up for the lost trip. Gwen's eyes got very big and she shouted, "I need clothes! Give me your credit card!"

My only response was, "Thank heavens for Dubai. My checking account can't take much more of your clothes."

I did enjoy Gwen's delight and was greatly amused when Barb heard about our Hawaii trip. Barb immediately said, "Take me with you! You won't even know I'm there!"