All Comments on 'Athena Station Pt. 01'

by wrangler__78

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
FilthyMindFilthyMindalmost 7 years ago
Zero Gee

Will they, won't they. Have NASA already tried this......

IceVixen07IceVixen07almost 7 years ago

I knew you were amaze balls

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 7 years ago
A gentle grammar comment!

You do not need capital letters on ordinary, (or common), nouns, such as Communications, unless the word is the first in a sentence.

A proper noun, usually a name or a title. should start with a capital letter., however.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Feedback, as requested!!

Love the situation you have created and the characters are beginning to develop into believable individuals. No real hurry, although the rush to the first kiss is perhaps faster than necessary.

Good grammar, well constructed sentences with correct spelling, necessary but little jargon - and you already know that the pedant is correct.

So, all-in-all, a very good first effort. I am looking forward to more episodes in due course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Keep Going!

Very eager to see what happens next.

FormerReaderFormerReaderalmost 7 years ago
Realistic sci-fi

It's interesting to see a sci-fi story set in the near future with technology that does not include interstellar space travel and a lot of directed energy weapons. I rather liked it.

I hope you continue. Tim and Amy are very likeable.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Nice story

Nice and romantic first chapter of a Sci-Fi story.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

SouthPacificSouthPacificalmost 7 years ago
Nice story, but your navigation needs work!

"They had rounded the northern-most point on their orbital track about 15 minutes ago, and were now heading south-west over Thailand. By Tim's estimate, they would hit the equator, somewhere over the Pacific." They're already a long way away from the Pacific. They will cross the Equator over the Indian Ocean, somewhere south or south-west of Sri Lanka or India.

"The sun was to their west, slowly making way towards the horizon." Nope - the sun will be rising. They are travelling round the earth so fast that the sun will never set AHEAD of them - only behind them.

All that aside, I enjoyed the rest, and will look forward to Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

@TheOldRomantic, ffs! STOP apolgizing for your English, I've seen numerous other comments saying same. There is nothing wrong with it.

@SouthPacific, you do get this is FICTION don't you? You know, NOT real. Get over yourself.

SouthPacificSouthPacificover 6 years ago
To the last anonymous...

Try engaging your brain before criticizing my comment. I don't care if you think that the sun rises in the west, and that the Pacific Ocean has suddenly moved half-way round the world, but I do!

You also obviously missed the bit about me liking the story, and looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
MORE

MORE - please !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous