Average Joe Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,701 Followers

We danced some more and I danced a couple of slow dances with her friends. Needless to say they were full of questions. I did answer them truthfully.

The band played a line dance type song and Ariel asked if I minded if she danced it. She said she loved Line dancing.

"Do you mind if I dance it with you?" I asked.

She smiled at me as we got up; they were doing one of the dances Nancy had showed me. I wasn't a show off but I was able to stay in step. That song ended and they started another line dance. Ariel and I both jumped right in. She seemed surprised that I was able to do them. I was really having fun.

After the line dancing we sat down and I got us each a drink. "You surprised me, where did you learn to line dance?" asked Ariel.

"Don't laugh but Nancy showed me how to line dance this week. She said they did it at most weddings."

"Tell my little cousin thank you for me, I was really surprised," replied Ariel.

About that time they started the Macarena music. I stood up and took Ariel by the hand. "Don't tell me Nancy showed you this dance too?" All I had to do was smile, Ariel knew the answer.

Towards the end of the reception a couple of men came back and asked Ariel for another dance. She looked over at me and said to them, "No thank you, I want to spend the rest of my evening with Joey."

The guys walked away a little aggravated and I smiled at her and we returned to the dance floor.

As the reception was ending Ariel went about saying her goodbyes, giving hugs and kisses to her friends. She just seemed like such a happy person. I don't care what people think, I knew I was infatuated with her. I had no idea what to do about it but I felt it in my heart. Now I had to try and deal with it.

When we arrived at her house I walked her to the door. She grabbed both of my hands and thanked me for going with her to the wedding. She leaned forward and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips.

I was thinking how she kissed all her friends on the cheek. Did this mean something special? "Ariel, I'd love to see you again," I replied.

"I'd like to see you too but I'll be busy for the next couple of weeks. I go back to college and have my finals and then graduation. Maybe there will be time after that."

I wasn't sure what to say other then, "Ok, till we see each other again." She gave me another light kiss on the lips and went into the house.

I left with mixed emotions. I knew I cared for her but she was out of my league. I've been there so many times before and didn't want to get knocked down again. On the other hand I knew I couldn't let her go without trying.

The next day Mary asked me how it went. I told her the truth that I ended up having a good time but did feel a little out of my element. I also told her the Ariel was one of the nicest girls I had ever met. Too bad we were from opposite sides of the tracks.

"Joey, quit underestimating yourself. When you get knocked down you get back up and try harder. You've been through a lot and come out a decent man. Don't ever forget that. Ariel is my niece and a very special person to me. Just give life a chance. I learned that from you." Mary leaned forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I went back to my daily life but couldn't forget about Ariel. A couple of weeks went by when Nancy knocked on my door and said I had received an invitation to Ariel's graduation. She had sent it to their address not knowing if mine was the same.

Mary suggested that she, Henry, Nancy and I could all ride together to the ceremony. Afterwards there was going to be a graduation party at Ariel's house.

I've never been to a huge college like this before. There must have been tens of thousands of people there. It was something seeing all the graduates enter the stadium. I couldn't tell one from another from the distance away that we were. We were there for a couple of hours. When they announced the graduates from the medical field, a large group of graduates stood up.

They walked across the stage as their names were mentioned. The top five percent scholastically were in white and went first. When Ariel's name was called and she was crossing the stage we all stood and clapped for her. I don't know why but I had tears rolling down my face. What was the matter with me?

We didn't wait around after that. We decided to leave and head over to the reception and meet Ariel when she arrived. We had a couple of hours before the reception was supposed to start so I mentioned to Mary that I would drive over myself, that way I could leave when I wanted. They dropped me off at my apartment.

The main reason I did this was because I found out that most people who went to the party would bring a graduation gift. I hadn't got Ariel anything and figured I'd pick up something, but what? I had no idea as I walked around through the store. Jewelry was one thing I thought of but had no idea what to get. Boy, I thought. I should have brought Nancy.

One salesperson suggested a money envelope but Ariel wasn't hurting for money and that didn't seem personal enough. I was talking with this older saleswoman and asked for suggestions.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No, I wish she was but she is someone special to me," I replied.

"This might sound a bit rash but I have the perfect gift from you."

"I'll all ears and willing to try anything."

*

End of chapter 5. The sixth chapter will be posted soon Thank you for reading my story. Comments and feedback are always appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,701 Followers
12