Avery's Desire Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You can either get on a plane with me tonight, and fly to New York to meet him, or it's over. Those are his exact words. And, since you took so damn long getting back here, you now have five minutes to make up your mind because I have no intention of missing my flight and being stuck in this shit hole town for another day."

The color drained from Avery's face as he stared at Cal in disbelief. "Are you serious?" He gasped. "Brian actually sent his assistant to break up with me?"

Cal rolled his eyes and exhaled sharply. "Whether or not your relationship with him ends is entirely up to you. I was merely sent here to give you the message and, if you so choose to accept his offer, to escort you to New York."

Avery shook his head. He was dumbfounded. He just couldn't believe that Brian could be so callous. This was the guy that he was so certain he was in love with, the same guy that claimed to love him, yet he couldn't even take the time to break up with him himself. It was beyond ridiculous, not to mention completely irresponsible. "I already gave Brian my answer." Avery told him. "I would have liked to have spoken to him myself but if this is the way he wants to end things then I guess I don't have much of a choice."

Avery took a deep breath as he considered what message to send back to Brian. This was really not the way he wanted to do this and he could tell from the look on Cal's face that he didn't want to be bothered with Brian's personal relationship issues either. "You can tell Brian that I'm sorry. I really thought I was in love with him but I was wrong. I think I was more in love with the image he represents on stage and in the media, but I never really got to know the real Brian Mueller until recently.

When that happened, I realized that I didn't feel the same way about him anymore. Tell him that I've also realized that I'm in love with someone else, someone that believes in me and won't attempt to squash my dreams. In the end, I could never be with someone that can't or won't support my ambitions."

Cal yawned and looked at his watch. "Yeah, I'll try to remember all of that. You know you're making a hell of mistake don't you? You're giving up a huge opportunity here, and one that you won't get again. Anyway, it's your loss. I told Brian he was wasting his time with you, you're just a no body, and you have no future. What he saw in you to begin with I'll never know. But, all's well that ends well I guess. Now that this nasty business is done he can focus on his career again."

Avery crossed his arms and smirked. "Actually, I'm not losing anything. In fact, I'd say I've gained something really important. I've discovered who my true love is and I'm following my dreams. You can't lose when you follow your heart."

Cal chuckled arrogantly. "You really have no idea how the real world works, do you? You'll never get far with that childish mentality. Anyway, I've wasted enough time here. I really have to go. I have more important people to worry about." Cal rudely brushed Avery to the side as he strolled passed him, making his way down the walkway to the stairs.

"Wow, talk about attitude," Avery spoke loud enough that Cal could hear him though Cal didn't seem bothered by him at all. He was looking at his watch again and mumbling about getting back to the airport in time. Avery chuckled. Cal suddenly reminded him of the White Rabbit from 'Alice in wonderland', who was always late for an important date.

Rick just shrugged. "What do you expect from someone who's obviously jealous of you?"

That got Cal's attention. He stopped in his tracks and turned around, glaring at Rick.

"Why on earth would I ever be jealous of that?" He pointed a finger to Avery and narrowed his eyes, scowling angrily as though the very sight of the boy offended him. "He's nothing and he'll always be nothing. His own family chose to wash their hands of him, what does that say about his character?" Cal laughed when he noticed the pained look on Avery's face. He'd obviously hit a nerve. Avery slipped his hands into his coat pockets and turned his head away. He was pissed, but he remained quiet and let Cal continue with his rant.

"Oh, I hope you didn't think I'd let you worm your way into Brian's life and not have you checked out. After all, it's my job to protect Brian from himself. He's so easily influenced. Actually I was a little surprised when Brian got your text message, I was certain that you were after his money, but after you turned him down I wasn't really sure what your game was. Maybe you thought that by dating him you could use his fame and popularity to boost your own career, I don't know and I really don't care. All I care about is that you're now out of the picture."

"Out of the picture so you can make your move now?" Rick said though it was more of an accusation than a question.

Cal cocked an eye brow, "And just what is that supposed to mean?" He asked, getting angry.

Rick laughed, "Well it's obvious that you're in love with Brian yourself. It must have really pissed you off when he chose Avery over you. You know, you can stand there and insult Avery all you want but the truth is you envy him. You envy him so much you can't even stand it."

"Me, envy him?" Cal scoffed. "My life is perfect; I have no reason to envy him."

"Oh really?" Rick grinned evilly, "And, how many times have YOU been in Brian's bed?"

Cal narrowed his eyes darkly, his face twisted into an ugly mask of anger and hate. "Nice try, but I'm not a faggot. My relationship with Brian is strictly professional."

"I guess where you're from using the term 'faggot' is considered professional?" Avery sneered. "I wonder what Brian would think if he heard you use that word."

"I imagine that he wouldn't be too happy with me, but it's irrelevant because he'll never hear me say it, at least not to his face. I'm not that stupid. I happen to like my job. What I think about him and what I say to his face are two entirely different things."

Avery smirked. "Then, I'm guessing you wouldn't like it if I sent this to him." He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and clicked 'play' on the recorder. Cal's smiled faded as he suddenly realized that Avery had recorded the entire conversation. "All I have to do is hit send and Brian will know exactly what you think of him. I hope you booked a really fast flight, though I doubt you're going to make it back in time to erase this message before he gets it."

Rick smirked. He put his arm around Avery's shoulder and hugged him. "Oh I'd love to see the look on Brian's face when he realizes his assistant is a bigoted jerk."

"You wouldn't really send that file?" Avery could see the fear in Cal's eyes. "If you send that, I could lose my job."

Avery shrugged. "I fail to see how that's my problem."

Cal's eyes went wide. "Please," He begged, his demeanor abruptly changing from cold and spiteful to apologetic and contrite. "Please, I'm really very sorry. The things I said and how I acted, I was out of line. Just...please don't send that file; this is my livelihood we're talking about here."

"Maybe you'll get lucky. How often does Brian check his messages?"

Cal took a deep breath and held it. "Often," Was all that he could manage.

"Hmm," Avery's eyes were cold and indifferent; Cal's pleas obviously having little effect on him. "Well...I guess you better hurry."

Cal stood there, speechless, staring at Avery in total disbelief. He looked to Rick but Rick's expression told him that he would offer no help in this situation; he was one hundred percent on Avery's side. Cal was fuming. He was filled with so much rage he could have punched Avery in the face if it weren't for Rick standing there protectively watching over him. He just couldn't believe the gall that this kid had.

He shook his head and laughed grimly, "Brian always raved about how wonderful you were. He had you raised up on this pedestal so high above everyone else. I guess you really had him fooled. If he knew the kind of person you really are, he wouldn't have wasted even a second of his time on you."

"Then I guess we were both in love with the fantasy version of each other." Avery looked down at his phone and signed. "Time's running out. Don't want to miss your flight now do you?"

Cal gnashed his teeth together and growled. "You really are an asshole; you and all your buddies can rot in hell!"

"Well," Avery smirked. "It's not like we won't know anybody."

Rick turned his head as he attempted to choke back his laughter.

Cal glared daggers at both of them. The vein over his right eye was throbbing. Avery was almost certain the guys head was about to explode. He balled his hands into two tight fists and sneered. "I'm so glad all this amuses you. I'm so happy that my distress is such a great source of entertainment for you. You really are lower than dirt you selfish little prick. Just pray that I don't lose my job over this because if I do I'm going to sue your sorry ass!"

Avery shrugged his shoulders. "My parents are filthy rich. I'm sure their attorneys can tie yours up in court for years, so good luck with that."

Cal grumbled something under his breath that Avery couldn't really make out. He gave the boy one last evil stare, then spun around on his heels and stomped off, back down the breezeway and then disappeared down the stairs. Avery heard the gate at the bottom landing slam hard as Cal left the residential units and raced across the parking lot to his car.

Rick leaned over the rail, watching the man speed away, squealing his tires and cutting off a brown station wagon on his way out. "Wow!" He laughed. "That dude is really pissed."

"Serves him right," Avery stuck his key in the door and turned the knob. "I just still can't believe that Brian would send his little pencil dick assistant here to break up with me! It's ridiculous! He should have had the balls to come here himself, or at least video call me so we could chat face to face. I've never been more insulted in my life."

"Just shows the type of person Brian really is." Rick followed Avery into the apartment and plopped himself down on the couch. "So...did you really send that file to Brian?"

Avery looked at him and smirked. "Nope, and I'm not going to either. I just thought it would be funny to let him sweat it during his flight back to New York."

Rick starred at Avery, his eyes wide. Suddenly, he burst out in a fit of loud, uncontained, laughter. "Oh my God!" He howled, "That guy is shitting himself right now and for nothing! He's going to look really stupid when he rushes up to Brian apologizing and Brian has no idea what he's even talking about."

Avery sat down next to Rick and smiled. "I know. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation."

Rick put his arm around Avery and pulled the boy against him. Avery laid his head on Rick's shoulder and closed his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Rick asked him.

"Hmm?" Avery looked up, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why shouldn't I be?"

Rick shrugged. "I just thought, you know, now that things between you and Brian are officially over...you might regret ending things with him."

Avery sat up; he looked Rick deep in the eyes and frowned. "Is that what you really think?" He asked.

"The thought had crossed my mind." Rick admitted. "Ave, you've been in love with him since you were twelve. Those kinds of feelings don't just go away over night."

Avery shook his head. "I was in love with the idea of him. I never really knew the real Brian until now, and when I did to get to know him, he wasn't the man I thought he was. I can't love someone and want to spend the rest of my life with them because I like their music, or they look really good in a poster on my wall. It's time to let those child hood fantasies go and start living my life for me, doing what really makes me happy. And the thing that makes me the most happy right now Rick, is you.

I chose you and you're the only one that I want to be with. I'm in love with you. Brian was my past, you're my future. Now, I'm ready to let my past go and make a future with you. If that's still want you want."

"It's all I've ever wanted." Rick whispered. Tears of joy glistened in his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Avery's waist and pulled the boy against him. "Is it official now, we're actually a couple?"

Avery smiled and gave Rick a soft nod. "Yeah it's official. We're a couple. I'm yours, for however long that you want me."

"Oh that's and easy one," Rick slipped his hand into Avery's hair and brought their faces closer together as he kissed his lips gently. "Forever, I'm going to love you forever. In this life, in the next life, till the end of time, I will never stop loving you. Our love is transcendent, it will never end."

Avery knew that Rick was trying to be romantic but he couldn't help himself, he turned his head and put his hand over his mouth as he tried to stifle his giggles.

Rick grinned. "What's so damn funny?"

"Oh God, I'm sorry but..." Avery wiped his eyes and did his best to compose himself. "You sound like a character from one of those cheesy, young adult, vampire novels."

Rick shook his head and chuckled. "Okay, I'll admit it did sound a little cheesy, but it's honestly how I feel. I've never been that great with the romantic stuff anyway."

"No, that was pretty good." Avery felt his cheeks flush some, "Cheesy or not, I loved it." He put his arms across Rick's shoulders then kissed his lips sweetly. Rick pulled him into a passionate embrace and kissed him back.

"I really do love you." Rick said. His voice was soft and barely above a whisper.

"And I really do love you." Avery said, returning the sentiment. He smiled, nuzzling into Ricks neck. Rick rubbed his hand up and down Avery's back slowly, letting his fingers trail along his spine, causing Avery to shiver some.

Avery closed his eyes. "Um..." He murmured, "That feels so good."

"Just wait until tonight." Rick kissed the top of Avery's ear. "I'm going to make you feel amazing tonight."

"Hmm...why wait?" He grinned up at Rick. "We could start now you know."

"We could..." Rick agreed, "But I still want to take you on that date. Aren't you getting a little hungry?"

Avery nodded, "But after dinner, you get to be my dessert." He winked at Rick and nipped his ear.

"Down boy!" Rick chuckled. "We have all the time in the world for that. Right now though, I just want to enjoy your company, and spoil you a little bit. But first, I really need a shower."

"Sounds like fun." Avery teased. "Mind if I join you?"

"I'd be disappointed if you didn't." Rick stood and held his hand out to Avery. "Shall we?"

Avery smiled, slipping his hand into Rick's. "I'm right behind you." He said.

Rick kissed his hand then led him out of the living room and into the hallway. A moment later the two men disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door tightly behind them. With one chapter in Avery's life finally closed, he was ready to begin a new and exciting one with Rick. Everything seemed to be falling into place now.

With a fresh new romance blossoming, his band stronger than ever, and the upcoming battle of the bands just a few short weeks away, Avery felt like his life was finally right on track. He was happy, man was he happy. Everything he'd ever wanted was right there in front of him and all he had to do was reach out and take it. There was nothing, absolutely nothing that was standing in his way now.