All Comments on 'Back to 1956 Ch. 01'

by ValerieRyan

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What

??? Where's the story? That wasn't enough to bring me back to read any more chapters that come out.

It was well written, even if there was no content.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Too short of a chapter to make anything of it.

moondaughter73moondaughter73over 12 years ago

Unlike others I am coming back to see how the story will progress. I think what you were trying to do is give us a little teaser here with the opening part of the story. So I am putting you in my favorites to read how this story play out. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Editor

Get one. Immediately. Mediocre writing, at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sorry but ...

... time travel is not erotic.

Darkeagle_UKDarkeagle_UKover 12 years ago
Great idea, but a tad short perhaps?

I see others have made the same comment, but to be fair to you, I'm guessing that the car accident is probably the moment of transition from 2018 to the 1950s, right? So stopping at this point is a natural chapter division. Perhaps you should have called it 'The Prologue' rather than 'Chapter 1'? Having said that, I think the concept of an interracial couple being translated to 50s Alabama is an inspired one - 10/10 for the idea! On a grammatical note, please remember that 'your' is the possessive pronoun, as in 'your mother is here'. What you needed in your text was "you're" which is the contraction for 'you are' as in 'I think you're being selfish Evelyn' Another nitpick comment is that it is usually considered 'bad form' to begin a sentence with 'but', unless it is dialogue, when it can be allowed, as people often say things like; "But I was only kidding!" To use it in your narrative is weak because 'but' should be a conjunction linking two ideas together. 'However' is better to start a sentence with. I hope you don't mind me pointing these things out - I think your story has great promise and I want to thank you for writing it. Why 2018 and not 2011? Just wondering. Anyway, please keep going and don't be put off by unhelpful negative comments. Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Agree!

I agree with Darkeagle_UK! I think this story has great potential! I wish it was longer and a little editing couldn't hurt. Please don't be discouraged by unhelpful negative comments. I'm excited to see where this story goes!

creepyrjcreepyrjover 12 years ago

An interesting premise for a story. I will say you should find an editor for some small fixed and trivial things, but other than that it was really good. Keep at it.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 12 years ago
good

start can't wait to see where this goes, I will be checking for updates im sure

SilentStrengthSilentStrengthover 12 years ago
Take two

Another writer did a similar i/r time travel storyline not long ago. 14 chapters and then apparently abandoned. It was a really great series that I enjoyed reading and disappointing that the author stopped writing it.

I have added this one to my favorites to follow it along. It's an interesting topic and I hope you are able to develop the story with practice. I echo others on the short chapter. Then again, I did that too on my first story chapter LOL.

Good luck with this and I'll look forward to more and better!

THELOVELY1GLOTHELOVELY1GLOover 12 years ago
The

gates are open and the field is ready to be taken...

primrose227primrose227almost 11 years ago
Not unlike a lot of couples

This is why people should talk about these things BEFORE they get married. Instead they think talk about money, children and long term goals aren't romantic. Arguing all the time isn't romantic either. Onward!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great start interesting story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous