All Comments on 'Back to the Farm Ch. 10'

by evanslily

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
Stanz12Stanz12over 15 years ago
Well.....!

Congrats on the exam!

As always this was a pleasure to read even with the cliff hanger at the end. As to the time....well there is an old saying "...all good things come to those who wait..." or something like that.

Please continue to write.

TricialenTricialenover 15 years ago
Simply Amazing!

Words fail me. What can I say about your talent? You write brilliantly. I love all of your stories. With each one I think, this one is the best, then you write a new one and it's better than the last. I'm greedy enough to hope that you keep on writing them. I'll be looking for the next chapter, cannot wait until Matt comes home or maybe Lissy goes there? Humm, either way, it will be marvelous reading.

lisastpaullisastpaulover 15 years ago
DAMN

Congrads on your exams. Theres a baby on the way theres a baby on the way hi ho the dilly oh theres a baby on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
please don't make her pregnant!!!!

it always happens that way...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
hmmm

ok, so rather like the idea of them having a baby... but PLEASE don't let that be the only reason they get back together.... that would be very very sad.

WildAngel4UWildAngel4Uover 15 years ago
OMG

OMG OMG OMG OMG I don't know what else to say

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 15 years ago
I'm so glad Lissy is standing her ground.

All Matt has done is lie to her. And while I don't think it's too late for them, I think he has a lot to make up for. Just saying sorry isn't enough. He's got to show her he's serious and make sure not to keep things from her again. Neither Matt or Charlie were really thinking about her when they decided to keep it a secret. They were being selfish. Charlie didn't want to deal with his image being spoiled and Matt didn't want to deal with Lissy's jealousy. Lissy's feelings were secondary. Well, she's stronger than they think. She'll deal with this pregnancy on her own (for now) and she'll survive. Matt's going to have a bit of a shock when he comes grovelling. (And he'd better.) I'd be so disappointed if Lissy went to him first.

sacrificedangelsacrificedangelover 15 years ago
Fabulous!

Reallly enjoyed that, and very much looking forward to the concluding chapter!! Congratulations on passing your exam too!

Tory_del_RicohTory_del_Ricohover 15 years ago
In Awe

<P>As always.</P>

<P>Well done my friend. I wish I could give it 125%.</P>

<P><I>p.s. By the way I know it's early days but this chapter is just where I said it would be.</I></P>

<P>:-)</P>

KatLadyKatLadyover 15 years ago
Okay, am I the only one . . .

who thinks that Melissa is being silly and childish? What exactly did Matt lie to her about? Well, let's see--that Charlie was dying--not his story to tell. That Charlie was his father--again, not his story to tell and anyway, why deny a guy his dying wish? I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to be upset that she wasn't told but she's taking it up a level to not talk to Matt and ignore his phone calls.

I too like the thought of them having a kid and Matt coming home to a pregnant Melissa. I just hope she uses this time away to think about what has happened and at least think about the situation as if she were in Matt's shoes.

Oh, and congrats on passing your exams!!!!

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Thanks for a very believable and entrancing tale

Your characters have life. The only problem is that they

dance on the frontier of Tragedy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fantastic!!! Worth the wait!!!

Lily ~ Congratulations!!!! You did it again!! Another fantastic chapter!! Can't wait for the next chapter. Didn't see Jason being gay or taking the letters! What a twist! Congratulations on a wonderful story! You're characters are so believable. You are truly talented!! Congratulations on passing those exams - I hope we benefit from your passing grade with more terrific stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful

...unfortunately it only leaves me wanting more. :) seriously, these installments are worth the wait. Congrats on passing the exam!

LadyCrimsonLadyCrimsonover 15 years ago
Yay

I read this chapter and before I knew it, it was over. I just love where this is going, keep up the good work. I just can't wait until the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OMG

congratz u passed!!

but seriously omg how could charlie cheat even i thought he was a honest trustworthy guy, poor suzie i truly do feel sorry for her and well know lissy too. i mean she does have the right to be annoyed for starters she always thought charlie and suzy were the perfect couple, clearly not that fantasy broke and she had nothing else to look up to. matt lied to her for 14 years far enough it was his secret but it did include her didnt it. however what im more suprised at is that it was jason who hid the letters isnt he a bloody sly dog. i also so what know how matt well react to find lissy pregnant???? im just loving it theres so much drama please do hurry up

DevinsgirlCatDevinsgirlCatover 15 years ago
Well,well, well....

it seems now Lissy has a secret, and Matt will be the last to find out!!!

However, I don't want Lissy to keep her pregnancy a secret,if she is indeed pregnant! I think she should tell him ASAP seeings how she is so big on not keeping secrets!

I love this story, and as I told you before, I never want it to end! Please don't make the next chapter the last! At least two more! So much to clear up! Why does Ruth hate Lissy so much? Who is Lissy's father? Does Matt know Jason lusted after him? What will Matt do when he finds out Jason was behind the missing letters, and ruining his relationship with Lissy?!!

LOVE THIS STORY!!!

Congtrats on passing your exam!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
i agree

i agree witht eh earlier comment.. lissy is being really childish nd immature... please please end this story.. and start with stronger charcters.. ur ealier stories had better femalse charecters... god if lissy says no one more time..........

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow. Awesome.

Awesome. Almost awesome enough to forgive the delay in posting Ch.10 (okay, the necessary complaining is out of the way). There is no way the reader could have forseen that plot twist coming. Of anything reasonably expected, that one wasn't "it". Very nicely written! Now, all we have to do is solve the relationship problems and handle the issue of the contents of the paper bag (and its almost-foregone conclusion). Definitely, looking forward to the wrap-up. Good work, evanslily.

-- KK in Texas

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
Amazing

Another wonderful chapter and so worth the wait.

zfammezfammeover 15 years ago
waiting...

very nice!!! :D please post your finale soon? it's ok for me if she's pregnant. he's already said he loves her so, pregnant or not, i think they'll end up together. maybe she could just quit her job & be with him, wherever his jobs requires him. i just hope he flies back asap because 4 months of her feeling sick (pregnant) and all alone is not good for the baby. :D write soon!!!

michchick98michchick98over 15 years ago
Well worth the wait...

First off, congrats on passing your exams. Second, thank you, thank you, thank you! This chapter was so worth the wait. I loved the plot twist with Jason and while I do hope Melissa and Matt have a HEA, I also hope she makes him work very hard to regain her trust. Yes, Charlie's dying wishes were for Melissa to not know about Matt's parentage or his dying, but for Matt to not tell her for that long...well, that was just wrong on his part. He should have told her long ago. Anyway, just my opinion. Regardless of where the story goes next, I will continue to read. :)

August_BouvierAugust_Bouvierover 15 years ago
Cliff hanger princess

If there was an exam for cliff hangers, you'd breeze right through. Come to think of it, you could teach the class. Great twist with Jason, it tied previous events together. You've plotted out the path you're leading us on and it's wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Is it just me or what????

Is it just me or is Melissia alittle on the immature side. I mean is she 12 ir what? I can't understand her indignation about matt's realization in being Charlie's son. She's alittle self bsorbed and involved and so far is just being a big ass baby. OR ---- maybe it's just me. I'm finding it harder to see this story to the end because I guess I just don't get this girl or her attitude. I've got blood related uncle's who've been so involved in my life but I on't have had this type of reaction to a Uncle by marriage. I don't get it but anyone who can help me see the light it would be interesting to hear you're thinking. Lakergirl

msjay123msjay123over 15 years ago
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

YOUR KILLING ME WITH ALL THE SUSPENCE!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HURRY WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! I DONT THINK I CAN HANDLE WAIT ANYMORE!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Glad you're back

Congrats on passing your exam! I know that it must have been stressful.

I am really enjoying this story. In regards to Melissa's behavior, it strikes me as a realistic reaction. While it might seem a little irrational or childish, most (if not all) people act this way from time to time. Given her track record with Matt and her issues with her family, I think that she is behaving in a way that is consistent with the character. It isn't that she is TSTL, it is just that she has serious trust issues. In a very short amount of time, she has had to contend with her uncle's death (after she didn't know he was terminally ill), the unexpected reappearance of Matt into her life, the revelation of the letters, and the twin bombshells that Matt knew Charlie was dying and that Charlie was his father. All things considered, I think she's allowed to be a little overwrought ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a very good story

congrats on passing your exam!! i love this story and all your other stories as well...and i believe that Lissy has a good reasons for feeling that way, given everything that happen in her in the story...starting from waiting for Matt's letter that never came, her mother's accident and death leaving her w/ all the responsibilities that she have to stop going to school..the only family she has left is Charlie, then he died w/o her even knowing he's dead..discovering Matt knows it, of course she'll feel betrayed..and after all that she learns that Matt is Charlie's son that Charlie betrayed Suzie, for her Charlie and Suzie is the perfect couple, that Charlie is the best husband..so after knowing all those things plus her life experiences..i understand and its okey for her to feel that way.. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Happy about the Update but wishing......

Congrants on your exams. I enjoyed the new chapter, I also read some of the commments and I have to say, its a dramatic rep. Can't say it should be expected or reasonable but it is what it is. I stand clear of folks who only look at issues as how they effect them and that"but this is what happen to me". Now she responds (perhaps) for another life -- help the children!! Interesting change in personality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Don't listen to them

Don't listen to all those coments about Lissy being weak. I think it's nice to see a real person on here, if I had lost my mother, then had to work my way through school and felt like i was the last to know everything, and that the one person that i thought i could trust and just gave my virginity to was still holding back on me i would be very upset too. However I really hope they get together I would hate to think that they go through all of this and don't wind up happy with a babby with Matt's looks and Lissy's hair.

ahhhughhahhhughhover 15 years ago
Whoa

Just read all of the chapters to this story and now I am hooked! No pressure or anything but... HURRY! ;)

PrettiPrincessPrettiPrincessover 15 years ago
Great new chapter!

This was a great one! Never would've thought Jason would be gay or played such an important role in the story. I can't wait for more! and since you don't have another exam in the near future (right?) i'm hoping that the next chapter will come sooner. I really can't wait!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
My take on Melissa's rxn...

I feel that this chapter is WONDERFUL in tying up loose ends & I can't wait for the next/last chapter! I love the twist to the story that Jason added, since it would have been a bit boring & unsatisfying if it had turned out to be just the school & Ruth who intercepted their letters & tried to keep them apart.

I understand why some ppl would feel that Lissy is being unreasonable, but it's easy to get that way when everything you know is changing & nothing is as it seems. We all know that people cheat & lie, but it's a lot different when it's someone you love & really look up to. Lissy sees Charlie as a father, so imagine how much it hurts to know that your "father" cheated & had a son... You love & trusted both father & son, yet neither told you for 10+ years. This on top of never being told about his cancer... and having sex for the first time with someone you've discovered you've loved for years, but then quickly finding out how many things he has held back from you. In summary I think that she is being too hard on Matt, Charlie & herself.. and therefore acting "immature," but it's all very understandable & normal considering her situation. And we can already tell that she will eventually "get" it. It's just taking some time for her to process everything & come to the right decision.. and we all have had those moments, right? :)

w_spring

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I have got to say...

that Melissa's reaction makes perfect sense. Imagine if your loved ones had been lying to you for YEARS! Regardless of what it was that they were lying about, it would shake your foundation to know that they could, would, and have lied about ANYTHING, and what else may be fiction in your relationship with them? On top of that she is dealing with suddenly finding out that her only family and support has excluded her from many things that they really shouldn't have. I absolutely hate it when people write stories and the woman is weak, and she lets people treat her badly and forgives too easily. For those that say she is weak...wouldn't it be weaker of her to say that her feelings are unimportant and overlook the way she has been treated? I say she is being strong by not letting others to perpetuate the "protection" of her that these others seem to think she needs. I am a strong, independent woman, and there is nothing I hate more than people claiming "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to upset you". Great, now you have upset me by not telling me the truth. MUCH MUCH WORSE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
i have to agree with lissy...

well how would you feel when you find all of your loved ones, the family you only had were all lying to you. i mean this girl didnt even get to see the dying man because she never knew he was dying. as he didnt want her to be there to see him in that condition. however i doubt she would have been there if she had found out he had cheated on his wife who apparently he loved so much! yeah right.on top of that Matt's mother hates lissy and all Matt has done made her life misserable he tried to give her his share of the state but what did that cause her total greif. to be honest i hate charlie totally know i know people make mistakes but he needed to own up to his. lissy had thought of him to be like her father guess all of it was just guilt on his part. it hurt her knowing that charlie had to ask matt first for the right of his will. fair enough its his son and everything but it is his property. how could he do that?? know matt has to live the consequences and not to menstion lissy. i really do hope lissy makes matt pay for it by not telling him about the baby soon ofcourse later on would be fine as this is a romantic story there are going to end up together but i really dont think he deserves her anymore because he's bad news for her!!!! On the other hand please to explain charlies affair and the reasons why he had to have it with that mean old bitch i feel so sorry for susie. Great work though

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
great chapter!

oh, wow - I can't wait to find out what happens next!!!

Dru

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Weak and whiney.

I gave the story another chance but this chapter really was the end for me. Lissy is such an annoying, un-likeable character. I presonally despise weak women and she is so bloody pessimistic about everything that I simply finish reading your stories wanting to throttle her. This was the final straw, I give up hoping this story will get any better. So what if Matt is his son, what gives her the right to flip out so much. Lissy just comes across as pathetic, immature and very dull. Any man would have long since given up with her by now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
everything goes well till end...........

but was the end is really end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Oh come ON!!!

Post another chapter already!!! You tease us by saying that now that you're finished with exams you'll finish the chapters faster, but it's been even longer in between chapters. Your writing style is wonderful but you make it hard for readers to be loyal by making us wait so long between installments. I'm almost ready to give up!

Tory_del_RicohTory_del_Ricohover 15 years ago
Try it for yourself

<p>Anonymous in the USA, clearly you have no idea at all of the hard work and emotion that it takes to write a good story.</P>

<P>My own writing is nowhere near the standard of Lily but it takes me just as long to write a story. I can say from experience that it is not easy, even less so when comments are posted that serve to knock you back.</P>

<P>If you want to see the next chapter sooner, <I>be supportive.</I></P>

evanslilyevanslilyover 15 years agoAuthor
Lily says...

Okay, okay, I hear you :) And apologies are due, I admit. I kind of thought that with exams out of the way, finding time to write would be easier. Boy, was I wrong. Because I no longer have time off work to study, I have less time, not more, and by the time I get home from work I'm ready for bed, not ready to write.

Unfortunately, I don't write very quickly. On a good day I can write 1,000 words in 2 hours, but it has to be a good day. An average chapter for me is around 10,000 words. So it takes me 20 'good' hours to write a chapter. Just lately, my daily average has been nearer 250 words. Oops.

Those who know me will vouch for the fact that I'm working on Chapter 11 as fast as I can - and to all of you who've been giving me the motivational pep talks lately, thank you so much. You know who you are :) They work a whole lot better than comments with 0% and 50% funnily enough...

I'm getting there - and believe me when I tell you I wish I was there already. In the meantime, thank you all for your continued interest. I'll keep at it, I promise. And sorry if this makes me sound as whiney as Lissy. At least you know where she gets it from... :)

Lily

-x-

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
More please!!

I am in need of the next chapter. Love you writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent job. Keep it up and thanks.

Just keep doing what you're doing. I'd rather have "great" than "fast" any day of the week. If this is as fast as you can crank it out, then it is what it is.

Any updates you can post to let us know you're still working on the story help to keep up placated and interested.

Your work is very much appreciated and most of us will wait as long as it takes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
the wait is definately worthit...

im not the hugest fan of this site but i have to say i LOVE your stories im always checking if this has been updated and honestly if it has to take another month for u to make it perfect than thats what it takes. keep up with the great work its a fantastic story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Awesome!!

This story is amazing, I have become a dedicated follower to it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
cant wait

cant wait to read the next chapter...

lexiegblexiegbover 15 years ago
chocolate?

chocolate you say? what kind of chocolate? i'll send the world's supply of the chocolate if it'll help! wait. better yet, given that you're in the UK and all, maybe we can somehow get you a golden ticket into the wonka factory! (sorry, couldn't resist)

no, you're such an amazing writer. it would be so sad to leave this wonderful piece unfinished. lissy and matt need you! (let alone how much your loyal readers need you) i know you can do it.... pretty pretty please write the last chapter or two? with a cherry on top?

best,

lexie

Plainly_JanePlainly_Janeover 15 years ago
Patiently waiting the next update

I enjoy all of your stories, and the way you write. I'll keep checking back for the next installment (or final chapter) to this romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
please more

Please go on writing, you are a wonderful writer. We are looking forward for the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
please!

please keep going it feels like ages since we've had a chapter or heard from u...i really really hope u get ur muse back asap...i love this story n am dying to know the rest

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Please Finish the story

Are you going to finish the story? I was really hoping you would find the time to complete it during the Holidays. I would love to see how you end this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
still waiting

That's it:) just still waiting for the final chapter. please:)

PrettiPrincessPrettiPrincessover 15 years ago
patience is a virtue

wow, you've been taking a lot of time on this next chapter. maybe it's the last and that's why? but i don't like it, it's taking too bloody long. *sigh* not that i'm trying to rush you... ok, maybe a little, but i just wanted you to bear in mind that i really do love this story and I wish i didn't have to wait months before reading each chapter.

*sigh again* i really don't want to rush you. i just want to remind you to work on the chapter so you can eventually, within this year, finish your masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Update?

I am anxiously waiting your next installment on this marvelous story. Can we have an update to let us know how it's coming? It's been over a month since we've heard anything from you and I'm hoping you're still planning on finishing Back to the Farm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
waiting too long

Hello Evanslily, Im sure im speaking for a number of people when i say that i am anxiously waiting for the next chapter!! Ive been checking weekly bt still no update :( please dont make us wait any longer, i really want you to finish the story, i get all excited when you put up new chapters!!! thank youuuuu

xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
this is rediculous!

this is my favorite series on the site, but its needs to be updated more often...please stop w.e. your doing and start getting on with this amazing story!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
4 months and still no new chapter?!?!

In December you said that you had a few thousands words left, this is unfair to all of your loyal fans. Please finish this story, it's been 4 months since the last chapter!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
more please!

I loved this entire story! Please, do add more! I couldn't stop reading!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Good chapter

Things are finally starting to fall into place. Now I know what happened to Matt and Melissa's letters. Jason's visit cleared up quite a lot. However, Melissa doesn't seem to have any medicine in the sack. Could it be a pregnancy test?

It's been too late for the morning-after pill she'd considered

several weeks back. I really need to get on to the next chapter...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
good work

good work but i really can't stand Melissa's character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well, well

Mellisa's character is all part of the story. Fem, contradictory, unpredictable; and real. Part of what makes this so good. 3 years on.

kk2796kk2796about 13 years ago
Love the story...

...Melissa, not so much. Her character is written as a smart person. The disconnect between smart and then totally irrational and deaf to reason makes her infinitely hard to relate to and sympathize with.

romantic_surrealityromantic_surrealityalmost 12 years ago
It's nice to know I'm not the only one

who can't stand Melissa! Honestly, the fact that you are an amazing writer is the only thing encouraging me to finish this series. Your writing truly is great and I love the way you manage to tie the scenes together so seamlessly and the way that you develop the plot slowly enough for readers to feel the full impact when you throw a surprise at us, yet, it moves quickly enough to hold my attention. That is a delicate balance that few writers have mastered.

My ONLY issues is with the main character. She is one of the most disagreeable people that I've forced myself to continue to read about. Force is exactly what I've needed because, put simply, she does not deserve Matt. She's been lying to him for the entire time that he's been back, but she somehow justifies her hostility toward the fact that he kept his promise to Charlie, in not disclosing his parentage.

I cannot stand the way she she flips out over every little thing and when she isn't angry, she's in tears! This girl has absolutely no control over her emotions and she has no self esteem. She's a mess and I feel sorry for anyone who finds her relatable. Alright, now in some of these instances where she broke into tears, it was perfectly justified. She's dealing with the death of a close relative and the fallout from that. I would have no complaint if it ended there but she's in tears every twenty minutes! It frustrates me that she is 29 but she still runs away from her problems (MANY of which she has created on her own) like a child. I also dislike the fact that this is a solid trend among the female protagonists in your stories. I have read every one of your submissions on this site and the women consistently display one of two attitudes: they are either a complete bitch or they are clingy beyond belief. They have no self-esteem and lead shitty lives, that is, until Prince Charming comes along to rescue them because they are all utterly hopeless until a man shows up. These women have no redeeming qualities and they have nothing that makes them special, yet, they snag these nearly perfect suitors. Melissa is nothing more than Matt's childhood wet dream and in a realistic scenario, he would cast her off in favour of a woman with some substance.

romantic_surrealityromantic_surrealityalmost 12 years ago
I'd like to add

that I love the twist with Jason. I'd be happy to see him with Matt but I suppose that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the storyline.

And I hope you're able to see constructive criticism in that rant of mine because you honestly are a talented writer. Much luck!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Stubborn equals stupid

I hope people in real life aren't this dense.

btw - it has taken me a few tries to get this far. Good style, actually great style. The character development does leave a wee bit of a gap.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 11 years ago
"...as whiney as Lissy..."

Thank you for realizing it.

Don't stop now. Finish the story.

I'm still racking up 5s for the story; however,

the more she bitches about EVERYTHING...the less I like her.

AFTER you revisit the COMPLETED version...give us more to like about her, please?

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Getting old ....

Chap 10 and we are still dealing with kids trying be adults or inreverse?

Sigh......

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

good, moving story

avidfaavidfaover 10 years ago
blame the victim

I know this is a romance and it follows a simple formula from attraction through multiple obstacles to a final happy union, but this creep Jason was a bully, he bullied a young girl deliberately, in order to make her miserable without even a pretense of it just being youthful teasing.

He deliberately put his personal needs above those of his "friend" and would be lover, and deliberately tried to destroy an innocent young girl.

He bullied her and she was not only still carrying the bruises 14 years later, the entire course of her life was altered and destroyed by his deliberate actions.

What is his punishment? Ah, never mind, bullying doesn't matter, it's the victim's fault, and, after all, it was just a plot device.

Good message for young girls being bullied: it's your fault, the bully's motivation is completely understandable, just let it go. Never mind those bruises that are going to cripple you for the rest of your life.

Reprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
didn't expect that

Seriously did not expect jason's reasons, considering that she actually said she was not afraid of him. I'd thought he'd done something physical to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to avidfa

Hopefully young girls aren't ever going to read this... Its an adult story. and a great one by the way! I've read this one several times now and always love it!:)

cyberwraithcyberwraithover 9 years ago
Avidfa

Where does it say or even imply that it's the victim's fault? His actions were a plot device, but so was every other action taken. A story without a plot is just a random collection of words. His actions, while reprehensible, were also believable.

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

Jason is a legitimately terrible person. He basically stole 14 years of their lives with his selfish behavior. That’s not the kind of thing that could ever be forgiven if I was Matt. The one woman he loved and he deliberately and consciously destroyed and sabatoged it through his manipulations. First he insults her to her face and tells her all sorts of horrible things to ruin her self esteem and then he steals any communication between them. This is not regular bully behavior here, these are the actions of a sociopath. He has absolutely no idea what love means and I refuse to believe any explanation of his being gay as some sort of justification for any of it. No one does these things to people they supposedly love, it’s unconscionable.

Jason should be written out of the story as this one finishes, that’s how strongly I feel about this character. If he isn’t I’ll probably skip his portions because he’s a piece of shit and deserves a huge beating for what he’s done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Horrible. So painful to find out trusted adults are hypocrites.

Should this series be titled:

Through "the gauntlet to love"?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Should Jason be sincerely be believed after acting like IAGO to Mathew? Can he be trusted after destroying Mathew and Melissa's love, like OTHELLO strangling DESDEMONA?

If Melissa wasn't crazy and paranoid before, then surely she is more than pregnant now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous