Back to You Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Oliver answered just moments after Matt knocked. There, bathed in the front porch light and the vibrant purple hues of the evening sky, Matt couldn't help but look him over. Oliver stood at the doorway with his arm resting on the jamb. He looked effortlessly handsome, Matt thought, as he focused on the small patch of exposed skin at his waist from his pulled-up sweater.

Oliver nervously ran his hand at his neck, "I hope I'm dressed okay- these were literally all the clean clothes I had." He flashed a boyish smile, bringing Matt back to being thirteen and falling for the cute boy four houses down.

Matt smiled, giving Oliver a clear view of his well-pronounced dimples. He offered, "You look real nice, dude" leaving Oliver bushing bright red through his milky white skin. He didn't know what it was about Matt; he never felt that way before. There was something about him that just made him feel powerless.

The two made their way into Matt's car. They sat there for a few minutes with only the sound of two strong heartbeats and the humming of the car engine to be heard. Oliver broke the silence, leaning in as close as the center console between them would let him, "Good weird?"

Matt looked over, breaking his trance, agreeing, "Good weird." Ollie leaned over, cupping Matt's head in his palm. He examined his steel blue eyes for a second, seeing his pupils shake as if trying to contain themselves. He leaned in, planting a soft, chaste kiss on Matt's lips. Pleased, Oliver sank back into his seat, reaching over and pulling on his seat belt. He asked, "Better?"

Matt nodded, breathing out, "Those goddamn butterflies." Oliver laughed, shaking his head at how cute Matt was being. He stopped himself for a second, confused at the thought of him finding Matt that way, but it's how he felt. And if there's anything he forced himself to do with Matt, it was to just feel.

He looked out the window, asking, "So where are we headed?"

Matt lowered his hands on the wheel as he cruised on, "Well, all of this has been pretty new, so I figured we could go somewhere more..." he looked over ay Oliver, "more like us." He continued, "Besides, you don't seem like the fine dining type."

Oliver leaned back into the headrest, "Thank God! To be honest dude, I'm starving and I don't think I could manage with some bread sticks and a few tiny plates of food." Matt cracked up, nearly caught off guard by Oliver's open honesty. As he weaved through the streets, he kept reminding himself that while this was a date, it was Oliver. And despite the past few years, he knew Oliver better than anyone else did.

***

Oliver licked his lips with his eyes rolling back as he took another bite of his double cheeseburger. He moaned slightly as he swallowed down, asking, "This may be the best burger I've ever had. How'd you find this place?"

Matt sipped on his chocolate shake, "Katie goes to a dance class about a block away. One day I showed up early, so I decided to walk around and get a bite to eat and well, here we are."

Oliver nodded, wiping his face. As if noticing himself, he instantly felt embarrassed, "Hey I'm sorry, I probably look like such a slob right now. I keep forgetting how you're supposed to act on these things."

Matt made a face, taken aback by Oliver's comment, "You're telling me you don't go on many dates?"

He pressed his lips, "I actually don't." Raising an eyebrow, his cockiness subsided, "Why, does that surprise you?"

Matt leaned back into his chair, saying, "Well yeah. I mean you're a good-looking dude, charismatic, extremely likeable. I feel like the girls would be falling all over you."

Oliver shyly sipped on his coke, unable to believe how highly Matt thought of him. After he left, he was convinced it was because of something he did. He spent months wondering what was wrong with him; what was so bad about who he was that made Matt not want to be around him. He picked up a handful of fries, trying to break from his mental self-reflection. He snickered, downplaying his inner voices, "Thank you. I guess I never found the right person I wanted to be with."

Matt heard his words, wondering if Ollie was dropping a hint or if he was just being honest.

He picked up a fry, pointing it straight towards Matt, "What's your excuse? I never saw you around with anyone." He actually didn't see Matt much all those years, let alone with a boyfriend. He finished, "There's gotta be some guys at school you were into."

Matt cleared his throat, shaking away any traces of uncertainty. He found Oliver's gaze, "I guess I never wanted anyone as bad as I wanted you."

Those words rolled off his tongue like slow melting butter. The look on Oliver's blushing face was enough assurance he needed. He eased into his seat, watching Oliver's mind rapidly try and rebound with some witty comeback. But the boy remained comfortably silent as if words weren't necessary. Matt smiled to himself, pleased at the hand he just played.

***

The drive back to Oliver's house was peacefully quiet with each of them stealing glances from across the front seat. Matt reluctantly pulled onto their street, feeling his time was fleeting. He could spend the entire night out with him, or at least until he would spontaneously combust from his pent-up nerves giving in. Instead, he looked over at Oliver who's face shined through the passing street lights: not a ball of fire, but a slow burning flame.

Oliver watched as Matt pulled up into his driveway. He sat in his seat, wondering whether he should invite him up. He reminded himself though, that Matt had asked him out. So whatever happened tonight would be on Matt's accord; it was his move.

Matt spoke first, "I had a really good time tonight. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much."

Oliver rubbed his arms, feeling a slight chill in his body. He replied in a soft voice, "Yeah, me too. I hope there'll be a next time?"

Matt quipped back, "Five years of making up to do, remember?"

Oliver grinned, pulling off his seat belt and reaching for the door handle. He pulled it and leaned over, with his leg dangling out of the car. Matt opened his mouth, trying to say something but the words just weren't coming out. So he reached over, grabbing Oliver by the wrist and pulling him in, silently. When he got close enough, Matt caressed the boy's face, cradling his fingers against the strands of hair on his neck. Matt dove into those deep brown eyes as his lips dove into Oliver's, pulling him in for a kiss. But this time he didn't wait for Oliver to react. He slipped his tongue into Oliver's mouth, unable to believe how satisfying he tasted. Oliver pushed forward, wrapping his tongue around Matt's. The boys shared those few moments with their mouths fully open to each other. It was Matt who pulled away, dragging his tongue across Oliver's as the distance between them increased. He looked over at Oliver, biting down on the boy's bottom lip as he pulled away. Oliver's face looked so innocent- like he wasn't okay with the kiss ending so soon. Matt could hear a slight whimper from him when their mouths parted and the two settled in their seats.

Wiping his wet lips, Oliver muttered, "Fuck", in a deep voice.

Matt flashed his lustful eyes over at him, noticing the bulge growing in Oliver's tight pants. The boy was turned on, and by him nonetheless. He cut the sexual tension in the air with a low, but confident voice, "Until tomorrow, Ollie."

Oliver barely made it out of the car, still reeling from the kiss. His legs gave out halfway and he did his best to hide his clumsiness. But Matt noticed as he smiled to himself, pleased with the second hand he played tonight, and the slow burn he fueled.

***

Oliver leaned into the solid oak door as he closed it behind him. He let out a few strong breaths, cooling down from the fiery heat he felt inside Matt's car. He grabbed at his crotch, squeezing his hard cock within the denim constraints. Looking at himself in the hallway mirror, he couldn't believe at how flushed he was. The only thing that threw him off guard more than that kiss was Matt's determined attitude. He winked at his reflection, enjoying this new side of Matty.

Just then he heard a voice coming from the living room, "Oliver, is that you? I'm here at the couch."

Oliver walked forward, seeing his mom curled up on their leather couch with a cup of tea while the TV across played a rerun of an older sitcom. He answered, "Yeah mom, it's just me." He plopped himself on the other side, extending his legs past the empty space between them, "What're you doing up?"

Mrs. Morrison sipped on her tea, "Ah I'm just trying to wind down before heading to bed." "What were you doing tonight?" she asked.

He cleared his throat, trying his best to play it cool, "I was actually hanging out with Matt."

She set her tea down on the glass coffee table, raising her eyebrow so far up that it nearly touched the high ceiling, "Matt Stevens? I didn't know you two were talking again."

He silently thanked her for not making him out to be the victim by downplaying the fallout as if it was a mutual agreement. Matt was definitely a topic that Oliver was sure to avoid with his mother, knowing that any mention of the boy would turn into a lesson he didn't want to learn. Oliver's mom continued to look over her son with a worried expression that battled his carefree smile.

He leaned in, gently grabbing her forearm, "You don't have to worry about this, mom. I'm okay; happy even." He stared off through kitchen and out the French doors, "Things are different this time." He inhaled after those words, knowing this time he was actually telling the truth. And based on the relieved look on his mother's face, she believed him.

Oliver stood up off the couch. Leaning into his mom, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead- the first time he had done that in so long, "Goodnight mom, love you." The surprised look on Mrs. Morrison's face didn't subside even as she reciprocated, "Love you too." She sat on that couch for a few more minutes, still taken aback by Ollie's change of heart. Finishing the last of her tea, she hoped it was permanent.

12