All Comments on 'Bad Medicine Chronicles Ch. 03'

by Rusty_Zipper

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Odd but this is good.

Don't know what to say really. I like the story, it has me sucked in and wanting more. I love the twists this is taking. Please continue with it. I like to read and this has made me want to know how it will end up.

Rusty_ZipperRusty_Zipperabout 6 years agoAuthor
Reply to: Odd but this is good

Thanks for your comments, it was much appreciated. Yes, I don't disagree. My stories tend to point to "Odd" on the gauge of unusual. I try my best to keep the stories anchored in reality, but to write such incestuous situations involve delving into areas where such behaviors aren't natural in the real world. In the end, the main purpose is to tell a story that's titillating even though it's slightly weird.

As long as there's a speck of possibility then the rule hasn't been broken. The Bad Medicine series is long running. I knew that when I started it. I expect it to run at least three or four more chapters over a period time. Overall, this story isn't my entire focus. I often get ideas for other stories that become an obsession to write. At this moment, I have several different stories (really hot, at least that's my hope) already written that will soon publish, so stay tuned. I've had a rush of inspiration as of late and I've practically been writing non-stop.

Thanks,

Rusty Zipper

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
An ambitious submission, at times engrossing and sexy, at times a disorganized

sprawling mess. To make one constructive criticism, a little foreshadowing would be useful. For example, in Chapter One the mother drinks a tea that is (a) an aphrodisiac, (b) opens her to suggestion, (c) weakens her will (perhaps b and c are the same), (d) a hallucinogenic, and (e) probably other stuff I don't recall. However, we are not told this until half-way though the ensuing sex scene, so we don't know the cause of the mother's behavior and so while there is mind control going on, the exact case and effect is unclear. My complaint: some of the fun of mind control is understanding the process. I would suggest that the author either (a) tell us (or at least hint) up front what the tea will do or (b), even better, put us inside the mother's head so we can determine what is going on from her thoughts. For example, you could emphasize the mother's suggestibility by talking about how she knows it is wrong but finds the psychiatrist's voice powerfully compelling.

Rusty_ZipperRusty_Zipperabout 6 years agoAuthor
Author's comments to An ambitious submission

I appreciate your comment. It's not often I receive information that's constructive in nature. You provided good points and that's helpful. I've said in my posts that's it's difficult to tell if I'm hitting the right spot. Perhaps my mind's cluttered and it comes out in my work. I'm actually striving to improve, which is why I write these stories in the first place.

I've acquired a small fan base and quite a few that completely hate what I've written. It's become a give or take scenario that I've gotten use too. Whether it shows in my works or not, I actually put a considerable amount of time trying to write it well. Are there typical writing mistakes in my stories? My answer is, oh yeah. I continuously read the story to fix errors, but even then, they still slip through. Usually, that occurs when I go back to fix an error and I end up creating another that's then overlooked.

I've often gone back months later and reread what I've written and cringed at the mistakes or how I had worded a sentence. Some of them give me the urge to completely rewrite the story and make corrections. Overall, what I've written is now out there and I'm quite aware they're not perfect.

As for chapter one of this series, I wrote it that way intentionally and gave hints along the way. Based on your comments, I should have written that better to provide readers more clarity which I believe was the point you intended. That's good incite that I didn't realize I had flubbed up that bad.

As the author, I often overlook certain things because the story's already in my head. Like I said, I've reread chapter one and I cringe at what I've written. If I wasn't so busy writing new stories, I would probably rewrite that chapter to provide the reader more clarity and fix the flow. For right now, it is what it is.

After reading my stories, I concluded that my biggest problem is with dialog and I'm working to fix it. I tend to make the characters say way too much and it ends up being lengthy paragraphs. It breaks the flow of the story and I'm aware of it. I have only to read the words of the Therapist to know it's extremely wordy and cumbersome to read. The same thing goes for all of my earlier works, especially, "To Service is Divine," which were my first stories.

In my works not yet published that I'm in the process of writing. I've taken my flaws into account and worked to make the dialog less cumbersome or broke it down in shorter sentences. My biggest flaw in writing is that I'm a wordy motherfucker. I let the character's talk to me and they tend to blab on and on. The funny thing about that is it's all taking place in my head. When I write, I tend to roleplay the character's in my noggin which means I'm a pretty weird guy or I have a lot of perverse thoughts. Then again, that's the main process of storytelling.

Although I ask for constructive criticism, I also plead that you're not too abusive with my works. Many people don't realize the effort I put in to develop a story. Although I expect it when it's due, it does have an impact that on occasion, depending on the comment, I sometimes find it difficult to shrug off. Please be aware that I'm still learning and at some point, I hope it will eventually pay off and show as improvement in my future writings. Then again, I'm a fledgling author with a quirky way of writing.

Thanks,

Rusty Zipper

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't understand : the guy is supposed to be the Director. He doesn't even know how the people he abducts look like ? Then he blames the other guys ? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRusty_Zipper@Rusty_Zipper
I'm an amateur author that writes smut. I have aspirations to one day acquire the skill to write a normal story that will be published (If I can get my twisted mind out of the gutter).