All Comments on 'Bad Penny Ch. 13'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Comments welcome!

As always, thanks for voting, but comments are most welcome, be they critical or praise.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaover 11 years ago
very complicated . . .

So much to take in-- some very erotic vignettes, like snapshots almost, in the opening scenes. Their life with Liz seems so solid and loving, and then suddenly it's gone.

Tara's speech does (for me) have a cold, Lady Macbeth chill. My intuitive sense is not to trust its 'wisdom'. There's a point to it, of course, but as a reader I feel sure Sean is right to suppose it's about Tara's selfish interests, her will to dominate.

Poor Penny! I feel like Sean has been a good rock, as he says, to her in these past months. And then Tilly is another mystery, a sort of iceberg in the story, about whom we've wondered for a few chapters now about her role. Perhaps she disappears, but already she's like a ghost Tara, with her unsuspected love of rope.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

As always, CeliaisAliena, your comments are much appreciated - the phrase 'unsuspected love of rope' has such a beautiful ring to it. The nuance of 'unsuspected' rather than 'unexpected' is intriguing (what other kinks were suspected, perhaps?) and the notion a 'love of rope' is deliciously strange.

Another chapter is on the way, but those who liked this might also want to know that there is a new, stand alone, very short story submitted called 'Now and the Future' which should be passing through the approval stage anytime now. It is not a story about Penny, so no spoilers there, and I don't intend to follow it up as a series - it is based on a true story I recently heard, and I thought it romantic and dark, and just had to write it up.

More comments are of course desirable - any one else with any ideas?

MVP

spearishspearishabout 11 years ago
Solutions

Thank you Tara for proving yet again what a little saboteur you are .Even if Tara was right ,it would still be safer to temper Penny's submissive traits.Surely the sensible solution would be for Sean to vet possible make friends for a dominant who would care but not abuse Penny .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Barbed wire love

Not quite. The Shakespearean tragedy arc just gets stronger and the vortex faster. She pulled herself out of the last whirlpool of debauchery gone too far - I am not sure she can do it again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES