All Comments on 'Band Camping'

by rexspaulding

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
WhitneymrWhitneymralmost 6 years ago

Good story development before good sexy part. Very well written.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
6’2” married to a 5’0 woman

It really can work! Great story.

dragonsbaindragonsbainalmost 6 years ago
Welcome back

Just like thankful blizzard this one is a well established story line and character development...to bad it's taken this long to get you back writing but it was worth it too...

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding story.

I am glad you posted again and hope there are more stories you want to share. The characters were well developed and likable. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Too short for trombone?

First compliments with the great story; but as someone who recently picked up a trombone: there is a reason why trombone players are fairly tall. A trombone player needs long arms to get the slide to its outermost position and shorter players will be handicapped in playing some of the lower notes, because they can not extend their arm far enough.

Anyway the story gets * * * * * from me.

rexspauldingrexspauldingalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Trombone Shorty

To the anonymous who commented about short people playing trombone (leave your name/account and I can reply directly):

First of all, thanks for reading, and thanks for rating!

As for your comments about trombones:

Read about "Trombone Shorty" (Troy Andrews). Even though he's 6' now, he played as a kid, and I do believe he played a tenor trombone.

As for reality, I did march trombone in college, and one of the girls in the line was 5'0". She made it work (this story is loosely based upon some of my experiences... very loosely haha).

You could also play an alto trombone, keyed in Eb, instead of Bb (a fourth up), which has a much shorter slide length.

Finally, you can play alternate slide positions for most notes, especially if you use an F attachment tenor, with the exception being some of the lowest notes in 6th and 7th position. For instance, low E and F (bottom of the bass clef), normally 7 and 6 respectively, can be T2 and T1 (slide position with trigger pressed). Same thing at B and C. Otherwise, every other note above that can be played in 5th or closer position, easily reachable by even a child.

Most trombone music (especially marching) sits well above this, usually in the middle to high range of the bass clef, if not way above the bass clef. If you need an instrument to play lower, you get a bass trombone (with a proper mouthpiece) or sousaphone to play it. It sounds much better than the tenor trombone trying to drop their jaw/embouchure while marching.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More then 5 stars

Wish I could give this story more then just 5 stars. Its fantastic. A true love story where the sex isn't rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic

this story spoke to me like no others have, it’s beautifally written, well paced, interesting and, well, just works. I’m not a trombonist, but I am a muso, and this makes me wish I had an experience like this, it’s that good a story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Meniscus?

You are wrong about what a meniscus is. It is just a piece of cartilage in your knee. If it interferes with the joint, they take it out.

You write well, even though I have a hard time believing any teenage boy could hold back like that. Was he that much of a dweeb?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
So good and so relatable!

Your story was such a great read and really related to me. Im also in college band and met my current girlfriend in the same section. We kept our relationship a secret for awhile, then we lost our virginities to each other. We are both deeply in love with each other and make love whenever we can. Keep writing stories like this. They are amazing stories!

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 6 years ago
First Class!!

Even more? Lovable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very well written

This is probably the only story on this site that I have read in its entirety. This is an excellent piece of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Welcome back And keep writing

Glad I have you booked marked and kept checking back for a new story and rereading A Thankful Blizzard every thanksgivings. It is a great story. Looking forward to your next story.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 6 years ago
Great Story

That was a great story. So well written and edited that as a fellow writer I felt a bit envious. Please write more stories like this one. Keep up the great work.

Woodbgood

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Omg!!!!!!!!!

This story was so amazing, I loved the build up and they way you ended it was too perfect. I was on the edge of my seat halfway through, even had some tears when she didn’t see dan for a week. I absolutely love this story hall of fame material!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pro

This was the work of a writer that should be writing novels. 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hm..

I kind of wanted to punch the writer in the face in the first two pages tbh :l

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Well written, good build up, great pay off.

rowlvrowlvabout 5 years ago
Written by an expert.

I felt as though I was reading a novel from THE list. Many more please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Perfect

I loved this story soooo much. I honestly stayed up till two in the damn morning to read this. Goodnight

onedegreeawayonedegreeawayalmost 5 years ago
Plot does matter

I keep looking for a story on Literotica and you wrote one. David Lynch once said about Twin Peaks, "It's not the destination, it's the journey." You made me *care* about them and that's not an easy thing to do for any author. Just enough exposition and description to give background and my mind filled in the rest. Shoot, I even could see what Jen and Jess looked like (I have a friend who although she isn't a twin, she could easily be either of them.)

To me, actually writing the sex scene is the hardest part. I keep going back and thinking about the positions, is that anatomically even possible, did I mention that they were where they were, and do my descriptions of sex flow with the rest of the story?

(An aside. I *hate* it when characters are gentle and loving then suddenly he's "fucking her with his incredible male cruelty" or "filled her cunt with his man-juice". No... I just hate those.)

Good luck! You've got a reader now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Better than just a story

A very well thought out plot and well written, a very enjoyable read, has a good story line and a believable story line, all of it was a story line that you can actually see happening in real life. AND MAY VERY WELL HAVE HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE

Ilovetophoto68Ilovetophoto68almost 5 years ago
Band Camping

One of the best stories I have ever read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Short arms

How would a woman that short play trombone. You need long arms to reach 7th position. Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the best I've ever read!

This is by far one of the best things I've ever read. I don't like the ones that start out "we met, we were screwing our brains out five minutes later" I like short stories but they have to have some substance to them. A story this long has to be good for me to read it all, this story is excellent and well worth the time spent reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sequel

Why do I picture Dan & Jen still chasing each other around the house 20+ years later while their teenagers roll their eyes?

ThePanthermanThePanthermanover 4 years ago
A sequal requested

This was one of the best stories I've read, AGAIN. About mid-way thru it I couldn't help but whank off. You made it real with the romance, the ups-n-downs of life, and the passion infused within it all. Overall, a great job. You need to write another one where they get married soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Completely Shocked.

As a former Bruce (Go Rams) this was such a random blast from the past! Wow! Thanks for bringing back all the memories 😊

Voyeur2049Voyeur2049almost 4 years ago

Loved this story! Please write more!

rmccarverrmccarveralmost 4 years ago
That was awesome. You have a gift.

I hoped tp one day see you writing books.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Those kisses though...

As someone who really digs the making out/foreplay aspect of intimacy, the descriptions of those first kisses make me long for something that electric in the real world. Well written!

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago
Those twins!

I love how they interacted. Twins usually display that special bond in stories, it was great to see them bicker and goad each other like normal siblings. Although you could tell they still shared that bond,

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
awesome

This was a very good story I think another about after she graduates and he still in school would be good. Really loved this one I couldn’t stop reading

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best read so far

This has been the most captivating story I have read on this site thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
petites

Bittresweet memorys of my collage girlfriend 4-11 1/2 and dont you dare forgit the 1/2 LOL .. dynamite in a small package ... old letterman song .."will i see u in september or loose u to a summer love " i couldnt go back to school and still miss her going on 50 years later ... tears 😍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really good story

Very good story and easy to follow. Brought back a lot of memories for me of first discovering dating and trying to figure out women. All the sexual parts were believable.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 3 years ago

I liked it a lot but found the seemly "offhand" mention from Jan, saying she was sorry for going missing for a week to be to little and he never mentioned how it affected him.

bws1bws1almost 3 years ago

I read it twice and enjoyed it even more the second time. That was truly outstanding work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was such a great read - I love the relationship the twins share and idea of virginity reclaimed. Their love felt tangible. So good.

FennecthefoxyFennecthefoxyover 2 years ago

Holy Sh*t. I started reading this as a “I’ll read a bit then go to bed” story. But, I could not stop reading. As a band member myself, excellent portrayal of the camaraderie and family like aspect. Plus the lost love aspect really hit home due to a familiar experience. Which I can also attest to be very accurate, sadly.

In essence all I have to say is:

The story is incredible and the steamy parts are just as great.

Thanks for the awesome read!

Ghoti007Ghoti007about 2 years ago

Your two stories are among the very best on this site. I hope you write some more!

Ghoti007Ghoti007about 2 years ago

I'll be happy to proofread and wordsmith any of the stories you're working on.

doctorwesdoctorwesover 1 year ago

Fantastic! Great dialogue and very nice the way the emotional sides were rolled out keeping the reader in suspense.

whacky76whacky76over 1 year ago

I only favorite the very best stories, guess what, this story is my newest favorite. Wish I could give you more than five stars. Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well put together

VulgarUnicornVulgarUnicorn11 days ago

Bruces? Trombone players? Know where you went to school, I do...

Really well written story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrexspaulding@rexspaulding
5/24/2020 Yeah, so life has been busy. A lot has changed. Finished school, got my dream job, bought a house. Unbelievable how much has changed since I first started reading, posting my 2 stories... I am finding a bit more time now, so I'm reviewing my stories. The one I have b...