All Comments on 'Bandit - The Prequel'

by YouDidWhut

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice one

Good to see a Veteran get help.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 6 years ago
As ever looking forward to reading the next chapter

Great start......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Please don't...

Please don't break our hearts in the sequel to Bandit. Haven't all 3 protagonists had enough pain and sorrow in their lives?

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
LIFE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

for veterans the more mysterious the deeper one must work, TK U MLJ LV NV

JMH1961JMH1961about 6 years ago
Good but.....

But now a conclusion. PTSD, God and AA. He has children, amends need to be made. Bandit is an awesome story, but the Prequel left me needing a conclusion to justify him being a hero that he was in Bandit. Again, Bandit was awesome, but the prequel taints that story. Bandit***** Prequel***1/2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
tears

Really liked it.

I sit here with my tears. So many years ago and still I wonder how I made it.

I've been on the edge a few times but somehow anothers love has saved me.

Now I just try to find a way to help others and not to live in the pain of the past.

Your stories and others like them help keep me centered.

Thank you.

SS1969

auwingerauwingerabout 6 years ago
Thank you, again.

I appreciate the Prequel to Bandit. Life is what it is, but sometimes folks need a helping hand. Thank you for your service, and for your good heart. Keep writing.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
The relevance of “Bandit” on Literotica

“Bandit”, and other stories of high literary merit, are the reason I read Literotica. It is first and foremost a site for writers - emerging to experienced. Although the erotica is a prevalent, if not dominant theme of the lion’s share of the stories on Literotica, the best stories transcend the sex and become much more about classic literary themes of people’s struggle with themselves, with others, and with their circumstances. Although I like a well written erotic scene as much as the next person, all too often, in my opinion, the sex becomes repetitious filler connecting the “real meat” of the story - the dialogue (both internal and external) and the events that drive the plot.

I can’t help but feel like a thief reading stories like “Bandit” for free. Thank you again for sharing your gift. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I feel the same...

as the comment below...

a thief for being able to read a story by this author for free!

Seriously, amazing and thank you!

C

DrizdartDrizdartabout 6 years ago
Thanks ...

as someone who knows a bit about service dogs, a bit about emotional support dogs, and a growing amount about various ways dogs are used by veterans with PTSD (and other ailments), I appreciate the story's set-up.

My only bit of criticism is the notion of 22 suicides. There are that many (or more), but many of them are among older vets, including a surprising number of vets who were never close to combat. I'm not a vet ... I don't play one on TV ... and I don't distinguish the value of service in a VARIETY of military specialties. I appreciate all the work of those in the service. But the suicide issue is WAY more than PTSD.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your story on Bandit and the humans around him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
THANK YOU

As a Veteran with PTSD and having been homeless I thank you for this wonderful story.

Storm113Storm113about 6 years ago
Incredible story

I am a retired, partially disabled vet. Fortunately no ptsd. I really appreciate this story. Just an fyi though, disability isn't taxed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Interesting and well written.

jtaylor

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

Conus in ‘72, last drink and hard drug January 7th 1976, a haircut in ‘85, my first nonPOB address in ‘89, third and final marriage ‘98, Agent Orange disability ‘06, notification of intent to file for PTSD last week. What a long strange trip it’s been. I feel validated whenever I hear other’s stories of difficulties with the VA. AA helped for a long while but Cannabis helps me feel like an almost functioning part of mainstream society again. Since starting the PTSD filing process thought I’d reread your Bandit story.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Tale

Vietnam: 1968-69, 70-71, 72-73

Urgent Fury: October 1983 (Grenada)

Just Cause: December 1989-January 1990 (Panama)

Desert Shield: 2 August 1990 – 17 January 1991

Desert Storm: 17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991

Restore Hope: 5 December 1992 – 4 May 1993 (Somalia)

Retired 1998

SEMPER FI

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 6 years ago
Been there

Great story. Thanks.

Blue90aBlue90aalmost 6 years ago
Thankful

I returned from Vietnam in 1969. I am very thankful that I don't have PTSD. That being said, I was very fortunate to have a strong supportive family because in 1969 military personnel were not looked upon favorably to say the least. Thank you for the story.

gunmakergunmakerover 5 years ago

I really liked both stories. We find understanding and acceptance wherever we find it. I never question the source. People are to busy trying to sort out their own problems these days to think about the ones who keep them safe. Sad really.

jetpacksamjetpacksamover 5 years ago
I won't be reading the Epilogue.

Life is fucked up enough without characters you care about dealing with more crap dumped on their heads, more so after the proverbial happy ending. Bandit, Misti and Sam have been through enough shit. You should let it rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A dad says thanks

Thank you for the prequel and I look forwrd to the epilogue.

My 2 oldest sons suffer from PTST and one was actually a part of the 10th mountain.

My oldest was on the verge of being 22. It broke my heart. I even bought a sidearm to keep him from buying it. I made dozens of calls to many organizations to try and get him help. I guess it helped and I’v been there for him ever since. It has not been an easy path for him or our family. Everyone needs support and if your story helps even 1 soldier from being 22, then it’s well worth it!

Thanks again

Army dad

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
PTSD

I think you are a great writer! I love both of these although I read the first one. Like you, I served and while I don't love the military, I really miss the men and women I served with. Over the years, I have been called many names about what we did. Those of us at my age were called so many of them. (59). There are days that putting one foot in front of the other is so very hard. I think you hit the nail so very well in this one. Remember not all scars are on the outside! Navy Vet, 5 trips to Beriut, 5 trips to the former Yugo, three trips to Panama (god I hate the jungle!) and a couple in the gulf! Special Boat Units don't you know! Keep up the good work. Now write number three!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Done

So nice to read someone who writes about real life, in a way you can be a part of it.

Please don't rest on your past success and continue to write, I was about to quit reading Literotica stories when I read Bandit, no I can just keep looking for your next adventure in real life erotica.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Bandit was something special. But I really read the story for the characters. Apparently one of the few.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 4 years ago
Fantastic prequal

Air Force '66 to '70. 3rd AF and SAC. Air Cop. I read Bandit a few months so and just found this. With duty stations in the UK and Montana luckily no PTSD, but I volunteer at the VA hospital in Seattle, and see more than I need to. Great story.

Jeff

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Well done, again!

Thanks for the prequel as it explains a lot of what and why things happened the way they did in the original Bandit story.

My hats off to all those that served during times of hostilities. I got out of the Navy just as the Destroyer Maddox got attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin. I didn't know just how fortunate I was.

jntiquesjntiquesover 3 years ago

Dear Author, Enjoyed this story, even if you lost control of character first names, midway thru. Wish I had read this first though. Gave it another 5* rating and again, thank you. jntiques/john

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
this helped fill in the gaps

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks. Great story. As a psychotherapist working with CRPTSD vets I can only say you are totally correct in your valuation of the power of these dogs.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

yeah

Got a sign on the back of my ride

"who saved who?"

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
There Is A Reason

That the military, agencies like the TSA and law enforcement use german shepards, they work hard all day just to play with a tennis ball or companionship later, they are loyal. The military needs to quit listing them on the books as 'equipment' and treat them as what they really are and they are veterans when retired.

Shelby certainly showed a different side of herself during the phone call than the person who wrote the letter.

Now I not certain that I'm looking forward to the epilogue but I am certain it will deal with the subject as it deserves to be. Signed: BTW

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

The Bandit stories are incredible, touching stories.

Reading all the positive comments from Vets warms my heart.

You have also given an insight into these issues to many who are just regular Joes and Janes, who never served. Kudos for helping others understand what some Vets are going through.

ArediaArediaover 2 years ago

Great story - thank-you! I'm also a vet, and finding good (technically as well as sympathetically) writing about vets and their issues isn't easy - but all the more appreciated for the scarcity.

Lee2012Lee2012over 2 years ago

Can’t tell you hiw many times I’ve come back and search “Bandit” looking for another chapter. Thank you for this submission. Knew you were a Brother from the things you said and how you said them. PTSD, regardless the cause, is something you never overcome, you learn to function in spite of and with. You ver come yhe triggers by avoiding. Either way? You nailed. 5*

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Enjoyed both this and the original. Given how detailed you were about Bandit, I was surprised to read in the short Q&A that you, yourself, don’t have a service dog.

BigRuss318BigRuss318about 2 years ago

Loved it!!! I did three years in the Far East with the British Army - including 9 months in Borneo - so have a small idea of where this guy is coming from.

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Good story. The emotions it stirs are deep and hurt but the story ends well for the most part. The wife moving on is to be expected, but the bitterness she holds is so over the top it gives me pause as to her true relationship with him. At least she cut him loose financially even if it was to keep him away. And was done in secret.

Another good story well done. Given there have been no submissions in about three years don’t expect any more in this series, too bad it was worthy of more The author is a good story teller. Thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome. Thank you for all the information about the service dog and also CRPTSD. Deserves more than 5 star. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Fairly short, but still a well written story and a good launch platform for “Bandit”. Thank you for highlighting CRPTSD and the ambivalence of the politicians about it. The under funding of the VA and the suicide rate of ex-Mil is an issue not confined to the USA, we have the same problems here in the U.K., for the same reasons, the cartoon mentioned describes most peoples attitude perfectly.

Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story!

In the middle are a couple of errors when Tony is talking to Sam on their walk. Once you havw a dialog tag that says Sam when it's Tony talking to Sam, and the other is when Tony mentions Bobby wants to help and it says 'Sam and his wife' instead of 'Bobby and his wife'.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 2 years ago

Ya done good! In all ways!

gorillaTgorillaTabout 2 years ago

Thank You

A month ago I spent over a week holding onto a buddy who had just lost his service dog, Angel. She was truly an angel and the only reason he didn't eat a bullet for the last 12 years. I had to drag him out of the house just to get him some exercise and fresh air, trying to do anything to get his head screwed back on right. I firmly believe that all too often God just sits there, watches our lives and laughs. Then as we were walking one day, we heard tires screech, a bump, and a yelp. The driver drove on, but when we cleared the corner there was a lab mix struggling with it's injuries. Matt for the first time in 8 days moved on his own, running to help.. the dog bit him in his pain, but Matt wouldn't let go. We rushed the dog to the vet, where he got patched up. No collar so we took him home. "Truck" is doing well and almost completely healed. Matt has a reason to live and is healing also. One Day At A Time

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Great as always. Hoping some more are coming out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Read both. Character development absolutely top notch. Came alive in my mind. Kudos!

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

A good story entertains, a better one makes you think.

This is a better one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it!!!!!!

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Why

Why would Shelby have his military stuff.?She left him,so I doubt she took any of his belongings with her to her parents. Also having read the original,I would have liked to see him reconcile with his kids and some how rub Shelby's face in the mud.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 1 year ago

I'm a veteran. I have never been in this sort of condition, luckily. I absolutely think this AND Bandit belong on this website. Great story.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 1 year ago

I have volunteered at the VA hospital in South Seattle for nearly 15 years, with some gratifying results. I encourage everyone to think about doing this. I know this work isn't for everyone.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 1 year ago

If there is to be another chapter to this fantastic series, I hope Sam gets the chance to reconcile with his children. Shelby, on the other hand, seems to be a lost cause.

Jeff, USAF 1966 to 1970.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - your stories are helpful and your country is not the only one to have been involved in conflicts. All over the world there are are millions of PTSD survivors IE: current and retired military veterans, search and rescue, police, fire, ambulance support, medical personnel, tow truck drivers - just about everyone who has dealt with human trauma.

It is good to see that someone seems to care.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sept 68-Oct 72. I never had it as bad as most, but in 75 I got a 15 month Brittney given to me. He and I bonded and I selected bred him for one litter for pick and kept a female. An on and on with Kiss Me Katie and each time she was reborn until my last old girl who is now 12 yrs. She will be my last, but each one has had some of Katie in them and read me so well. There is only me and one other of my old friends left, we talk to each other a couple times a year from across the country. Believe it or not he raises those big rabbits. Thank you for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I commented on the Bandit story previously - I mistakenly referred to the companion animals as 'rescue' animals instead of service animals.To cut to the chase. I am not military material but it always intrigues me -the effects of war on veterans - what they went through and how they cope afterwards. My dad was RAF forward airfield radartech in the N African desert. I 've often wondered how veterans adjusted after 'demobbing'. I was conceived around the time of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. And was born in 46 but parents did not speak about those times then or the war. When my father was younger he had a black lab called Dixie. We had one dog in our family years - a mixed breed collie also called Dixie.

I loved Border collies and Shepherds.

Next when our daughter was a year old we undertook to look after a Shepherd / Retriever cross. He also was a year old. He was magical a golden shepherd with a darker muzzle. His name was Bandit. The stories about that dog were legend in our family. He went on many backcountry trips all year round. Always ready to carry a pack. Always ready to defend our kids. Our daughter grew up with Bandit and she decided when it was time to put him down when he was 15/16.

We have had 2 more shepherd crosses since then - another Retriever cross 'Mojo'and his buddy 'Willis' the Husky cross. Willis we put down at 16 last fall and it will likely be some time this year Mojo will pass. All great dogs but Bandit was the gold standard.

Your stories title was not what drew me to read it - that was the background of a rehabbed vet - but your Bandit had very similar qualities.

It might be fun to write a story about Sam getting to know his kids and Misti and Bandit's role in adjusting the kids to a larger family.

I don't write for literotica but I have enjoyed this site for over 20 yrs.

Lass Lover

dgfergiedgfergie12 months ago

I have read several stories on this site detailing and dealing with the problems many veterans face. I was one of those veterans that served for three years in the 101st Signal Battalion in Europe. When I got out of the Army I had nightmares for 6 months that I was back in! Funny thing was I never even got close a battle or a traumatic situation. I don't miss the Army either. Others and I 'feel' for those veterans that are suffering from PTSD. It's not there fault that they were damaged by the thoughtless morons that sit in Washington DC. I have always felt that any service member that is put in a life threatening situation should have a fully funded retirement with as much help as is needed to return him to his pre-war condition. But that will never happen. I do believe for every American there should be a period of mandatory service to their country especially starting with the children of our elected officials and entrenched bureaucrats. Great story along the lines of others on this site like 'Finding Uncle Willy' and 'Save One Love'. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

In US soldiers are screwed royally by the system then the divorce courts!!

That bitch Shelby and his ungrateful bastard children needed some comeuppance!!

He needed restitution, no use fucking telling us how he got screwed!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you this story hits home. Even though I am not an alcoholic or drug addicted I do have anger issues from PTSD. I served in Panama before and during Operation Just Cause. Let's face it , we Veterans have to stick to gether for nobody else will except the people who have walked in our boots.

Lee2012Lee20124 months ago

Another well written story of the plights of our veterans. Been swept under the rug so many times, I have little rug bumps, you know the little bumps that are supposed to orevent sliding?

One nipic: The max a military spouse may get from a veteran returement id 50%. I know this as it happen to me in 94. Stupid people at DFAS, (Defense Financial Accounting Service). Hell her attorney didn’t know the correct procedure for calculating “her portion” the “helpful doofuses” helped him. So thanks to that freaking idiot, she got on average, $1100 dollars more than me. VA hospitals are a cess pool for medical professionals looking fir a place to keel over.

Great writing

Ranger001Ranger001about 2 months ago

March 13, 2024,

This seems as good a place as any on Literotica to make the following statement:

In the years I've been involved with the site, I have seen it morph into far more than it's (apparent) original intent. To me, it currently is a Master Class in human relations! Anyone wanting to improve their skills in interpersonal relationships would do well to dive deeply into this site's offerings.

Don't stop at the rating line! The story you just finished is only part of the available "lesson."

Dive into the Comments!!

The comments are the offerings of real people who are responding to the author, often from a place of hurt and pain, on a subject the author had the audacity to write about!

The beauty of this venue is that it is totally non-threatening, (no matter how vociferous "Anonymous" gets!)

When I decide to add to the comments on a story, I feel empowered to write thoughts that can help another reader, thereby fulfilling my desire to improve my community.

And since we all are online with a certain amount of "anonymity," I can be forthright. And my humble words can be felt on the opposite side of the globe! How awesome is that!

To those of you who originally visualized Literotica: WOW!

fainting_goatfainting_goat21 days ago

I really like your writing. The characters are always realistic and the dialogue is believable. Keep on keeping on. Peace.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYouDidWhut@YouDidWhut
1583 Followers
Every god and every demon, every heaven and every hell is inside you. Hey everyone. My 20th story posted today and I wanted to say thanks because it’s been a while since I said thank you for following along. So, thank you. It means more to me than you will ever know. Thank...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Bandit Previous Part
Bandit Series Info

SIMILAR Stories