Barbarian Bait Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The goddess then removed her clothes, revealing her familiar scanty attire. Loy stripped down to a loincloth, allowed himself to be collared and was led out of the tent, the order of this world restored. The general replaced Loy at the head of the assembly. His speech was pure military and quite routine. He shook the hands of every distinguished soldier and then personally pinned on each rank awarded. Ruk, as the soldier with the least seniority, was awarded his commission last. I was sobbing softly as the general reached for Ruk's lapels.

A banquet followed the ceremony. Delicacies and rare desserts that appeared at no other time lined the table. The food was divine but my mind was elsewhere. The thought of being a trick rider filled my mind. (I was sure I would pass the audition.) Appealing almost as prominently, the increased comforts of being married to an officer. The next morning, Ruk and I packed up our belongings. Some privates lugged them to our new, larger tent in the officers' encampment. Both privates gazed at me with awe. The fame and glory of their new leader had not left me untouched. I asked if either was married. Neither was. Very new recruits, both expected to try their luck at next year's Peace Fair. I informed them that my husband had won me at the fair, not so long ago. Their awed expressions made me chuckle. I wished them luck when the calendar marched around again. Ruk was called to duty immediately so it was left to me to set up house alone. Instead of sleeping furs we now had a comfortable seeming bed. I could not wait to try it out!

Ruk's first day was quite long and draining but he returned home exhilarated. So many of his childhood dreams had come true when he strode in front of his squad and they saluted him. I realized that even dreams I had never had in the city were about to become a reality. I left the ground and threw myself into his arms. Our new bed was indeed quite comfortable. We were fashionably late for dinner that night.

A scant six nights later my third sharing moon and Ruk's first as an officer arrived. Lara and I went to the beauty tent to prepare ourselves. Lara had a wistful expression on her face. I asked her if she was disappointed in her assignation for the evening.

"Not at all, Luz, the Colonel I will spending the night with promises to be a spectacular lover. It is just that I am lamenting the fact that, after tonight, the two of us will have far less time together." Tac and Ruk were now in different units. It was one thing to have your brother-in-law for your sergeant, it was quite something else if that man was your lieutenant. Lara encouraged me to find more women to be friends with among the other wives of officers. "If you and Ruk spend too much time with myself and Tac, people may conclude that you are seeking a rendezvous with my husband or that Ruk is using his relationship with Tac to an unfair advantage. Ruk needs to find his own path to greater leadership. We can still meet, but now it will have to be far more publicly and less often. It is a necessity for our husbands and for us."

Lara's eyes teared up, as did mine. I would miss our daily breakfasts and talk sessions. Lara and I spoke quietly for a long while. I came to understand the wisdom of her words. Before exiting the beauty tent, the two of us hugged and Lara said enthusiastically, "Sisters forever!"

I forced sadness from my mind as we walked the distance back to the officers' tents. Ruk looked fantastic in his new dress uniform and his fresh haircut, it was still long, like I liked it, but trimmed and evened up. The gold bars on his lapels neatly glistened in the moonlight. Ruk was enthusiastic in his praise of my beauty. "I will envy the general his night with you."

"As if!" I replied. "Bedding the general's youngest wife makes you the envy of every officer and enlisted man in the army."

"No, Luz, having YOU for a wife is what makes me the envy of those men."

"Flatterer!" I cried before embracing him and stating, "You are the best husband in all the world, Ruk." After a pause, I finished with, "You have my permission to enjoy yourself tonight."

The plains rose gently, atop the highest rise sat the general's enormous tent. Of to one side were the three private tents for the general's wives. I held Ruk's hand as we strode up the gentle slope of the rise. A guard asked to see our pass before we were permitted to approach the General's tent. The general's servant greeted us and led us into an interior room of the tent. The general sat on a large chair, behind him on one couch, his three wives. Two other officers had preceded us to the general's sanctum. This was in accordance with protocol.

The general rose to his feet and all three officers saluted him.

"At ease, gentlemen." He eyed the entire assembly. I could tell he was focusing upon my charms. I felt insignificant in the presence of the General's wives. In addition to the young buxom blonde, there was an alabaster skinned redhead who appeared a decade or so older. Seated in the central position of the senior wife was a very handsome woman of middle years Her brunette mane was streaked with gray but that, if anything, magnified her beauty. I sincerely hoped that the gods would look as favorably upon me when I was as old as she.

The general's servant distributed small glasses of a very sweet and very potent liquor and healthy portions of the barbarian's most desired delicacy. I cannot say that I ever developed a taste for the fermented and heavily salted fish, but I was not foolish enough to betray my lack of affection for it. The general spoke for a few moments. He praised each officer present and then praised me. It felt very good indeed to hear.

As though a signal was given, (which apparently it was, but too subtle for me to notice) the general's wives strode forward and embraced the officers they would be sleeping with. I am fairly sure my face revealed no emotion as the young blonde wife embraced and kissed my husband. I did notice however that the oldest wife's partner was quite young, not much older than my Ruk. He was quite handsome, maybe even more attractive than my own husband. The general must have been quite sure in his manhood and passions of his wife to allow her congress with such a virile young man.

I also thought that it must be quite wonderful to be married to a general. Such wives never lost their desirability in the eyes of younger officers. It was a strange sort of progression in the barbarian world, as wives aged, they generally slept with younger and younger men. Barbarian husbands tended to bed women older than themselves. Until she was a haggard crone and became a priestess, barbarian wives never lost their desirability. Barbarian men, however, could fall out of favor and could spend many sharing moons sleeping alone. Assignations such as those between Ruk and Kri, the general's young wife, were actually quite rare. Had my husband not been a war hero, he would never have gotten this close to the general. The six paced slowly out of the tent. Until dusk tomorrow, they would be in the smaller private tents. The servant excused himself and I was alone with the general.

"Charming and beautiful, Luz, at last, we are alone. Your husband is most fortunate."

"Thank you, General..."

"It's Trem, but only the wife of a full colonel or higher may call me that. General will suffice."

"General, it is an honor."

"Yes, it is, for both of us. I've learned a great deal about you, Luz."

"All good, I hope." I replied.

"Indeed. For a city girl, you have come a long way in a short time, Luz."

I informed the general that I wasn't a city girl anymore and the story of my grandmother several generations back. I surprised myself by falling into easy conversation. I never failed to address him as General. The longer we talked, the more General Trem reminded me of my father. Not in an intimate way of course, but is small details. He was only a few years older than my father, both had, shiny dark eyes and noses that had been broken. My father had been a wrestler as a young man. I am sure that had he opted to, the general could have told me wonderful stories about all of his scars.

After the proper passage of time, I found myself in the general's arms accepting his kisses. His beard felt scratchy. Again the general reminded me of my father. Dad had very thick whiskers and hated shaving. Sometimes he skipped as many as three days. The general's bristling cheeks took me back to childhood when my unshaven father laughed when I recoiled from his kisses. Ruk's whiskers were not especially thick. He never reminded me of anyone else, save from time to time, Dar.

The general took charge, slowly undressing me. I undressed him as directed. For a man of his age, he was in remarkable shape. His arms felt like iron sinews. He had the torso and tummy of a much younger man. Scarcely aware of myself, I allowed my finger to trace a broad and deep scar that began amid his bulging abdominal muscles and terminated mid-thigh.

"The man who did that to me paid a far higher price." was the general's only comment. When the general picked me up, I wrapped my legs around his muscular middle. It seemed so natural. He carried me to the alcove where his large bed had already had the blanket and sheets turned down. In many ways, the general was the most masculine man I had ever met. He was commanding yet sensitive in love making. He carried himself with both a physical power and a spiritual one. He wore the air of authority, as plainly and easily as a man in the city donned a coat. The combination of the two was quite overwhelming.

To my considerable surprise, once I was in the bed, the general took four silk ropes and lashed my arms and legs to the four posts of the bed! The general stroked my hair and told me not to worry, then he kissed his way down my body, gently teasing my nipples with his teeth and lips until his red hot mouth was centered on my sex. I had been hairless down there so long, that his beard felt strange against the skin of my kitty. I soon forgot that however in the light of his skills in oral love. When I say that he forced several orgasms out of my body that is just what I mean. I felt like a soldier with a breached shield, my defenses parted and useless in the face of an implacable foe. The kindest, sweetest, most sensitive foe I had ever battled. A foe in name only.

I lost time of how often I came. The general reared up and impossibly gently, he ran his finger all over my body, causing me to shiver and gasp.Then, all at once his impressive manhood was deep inside me. Despite being powerless, I felt no fear. I met the general's hot kisses with my own. I felt his seed enter me, felt him soften and accepted a fresh wave of kisses.

The general freed my arms and legs. I was amazed at the general's recuperative abilities. Soon. I was on top of him, suckling his manhood while he emitted encouraging words and moans of pleasure. Of course, I swallowed when he came. Spitting out the general's seed would have been a huge faux pas. After this, the general held me close and hugged me tight. I finally understood that the general was not quite the man I hoped. We made love twice more that first night. After a very long interval, the general had me present my posterior to him. As with his other lovemaking, the general excelled at back door sex as well. It was almost dawn before the general was capable of performing again.

We slept until very late the next morning. The general's servant brought us our meals and a modest sized carafe of wine. We talked for a great number of hours. I answered all of the general's questions even the most personal ones. I even related him the tale of my afternoon with Dar. The ONLY other person in the world I had mentioned that to was Lara. I would never dream of telling Ruk until perhaps when were a very old married couple and our lovemaking had ceased.

The general praised my beauty and my intelligence. He even drilled me on horse riding. By mid afternoon, the general was ready for action again. We made love three times in rapid succession. Once with me on top, once with him on top, and finally, my hand stroked and tugged on his manhood until it was erect again. Using just my hands, lip and tongue, I gave the general his last release. As his seed slid down my throat a second time he stated, "By the gods, woman that was both a profound pleasure and a delicious sort of pain. If I were several decades younger, I'd gladly fight an army of men for the prize of sharing your bed always. You are a blessing to your the gods and to your husband."

Shortly thereafter, the general re-dressed me. After he had buttoned my blouse, the general slid a string of stunning pearls about my neck. While the major had given me several gold chains, these pearls were the first I had owned since losing Mom's. I asked Ruk what had happened to the pearls I had worn on the pole.

"How do you think I was able to afford the marriage tax?" he replied, "There was just enough left over to purchase Blaze."

We made our way to the main room of the tent. Ruk wore a grin I did not like. Kri, the general's young blonde wife wore her own blissful smile. She gave me a look I could not read, (envy perhaps) as I entered. After a light dinner, we made our leave. The general took Ruk aside and whispered something in his ear before dismissing us.

As we walked through the encampment I said mischievously, "Just wait till I get you home. I'll prove to you that Kri has nothing on me."

"No can do, kitten. I'll be bunking with my men for the next month. The general ordered that I not touch you until the next full moon. He wants you contemplating him and him alone for the next four weeks."

"That's not fair!" I sputtered.

"Actually it is." replied Ruk. "Usually the general imposes three months of celibacy. You must have really impressed him. But then again, THAT does not surprise me."

Despite my every entreaty, Ruk packed his things and marched off to the enlisted men's tents. "I'll show that general!" I thought. I shucked my clothes and slid into bed. I tried to give myself release with hands but for whatever reason, I could not establish a rhythm. I tumbled off into frustrated sleep but I felt better in the morning.

With Ruk away from the tent. I decided that the time was right to try out for the trick riding team. Thinking about that goal forced thoughts of the general's edict from my mind. It also kept me from dwelling on the fact that I would not be able to immediately drive Kri from his mind and body. "That's probably a test for Ruk as well." I thought. Then I reminded myself that a military wife does not question, she obeys. I was still very much in the mood. I sighed in frustration and hoped that that feeling would pass quickly.

The female riding team's tent was blue, an unusual color on the plains. It stood opposite the tent of the men's team. They shared a paddock for training their horses. I rode over astride Blaze. My presence was not unexpected. I had sent a letter of introduction ahead via messenger. I was greeted by a marvelous looking woman with jet black hair.

"Hello, I am Bev, wife of Captain Dirg, and secretary of the women's riding team." The two of us fell into an instant rapport. She watched me dismount. She tied Blaze to a hitching post. Together we entered the blue tent. The other women greeted me. After I introduced myself, they had me sit down to tea. I filled out the entry forms and answered their questions. Only later did I realize that the forms were meaningless and the real entry exam was the many questions they were asking me. I was drilled on my past, my knowledge of horses and the state of my marriage. Ruk's recent bravery was well known among these wives of officers.

I must have answered the questions correctly because, a few hours later, Bev had me ride the practice course, first astride Blaze and a second time with a horse of their choosing. The course was more difficult than I expected but I completed it with no errors on Blaze and just two on the random horse. I was granted a provisional membership. It would take more than a year of hard work before I would, hopefully, be initiated into the "sisterhood of the saddle." Bev hiked up her skirt and displayed the elaborate tattoo on her right thigh. If I survived my year and made it to initiation, a matching tattoo would be incised upon my flesh as well.

"While you may not ride with us always, the sisterhood lasts forever." stated the cadre president.

I felt very good indeed that evening when I returned home. For something to keep my mind occupied, I volunteered to be wine steward. Many handsome men tried to capture my attentions but I was focused only on Ruk.

Since Bev did not live far from me, we decided to have breakfast the next morning. Bev was also skilled at the broadsword. Rather than put Lara in an awkward place, I asked Bev if she could continue my training. She readily agreed. She became my sponsor and I felt terrific about making a new friend. In a way, Lara was right, I DID need to interact with other women. Being friendly and social was an absolute necessity for an officer's wife. As the bride of a sergeant or a private, I could get along with just one or two friends, but an officer's life required much more of the man and his bride. The Sisterhood of the Saddle and other clubs helped wives mesh and network. The right good word from one of these women could boost Ruk's career. The bigger the impression I made, the better everything would be for him.

I found I had a real affinity for Bev. It was a friendship deeper even than with Lara. Bev was pretty in a unique way. She was over a decade older than myself but she seemed ageless. Her peaches and cream complexion and silky ebony tresses were very fetching. Although shorter than myself, her legs seemed longer and shapelier than my own. I admired her trim, well muscled body. Her every millimeter screamed "class" and "poise."She touched something deep within me.

I told her EVERY detail about myself, even childhood larks and adventures. Raised on the plains, Bev was fascinated to learn about life in the city. Through me, she got to experience a sense of it. Bev also took me out of the celibacy doldrums. I was so caught up in establishing our friendship that I was almost surprised when Ruk returned home.

I wasn't surprised for long. Rather than hurry, I wanted us both to savor our first time together in four weeks. I teased his clothing off slowly and removed mine a fraction of a centimeter at a time. He was beyond ready by the time I was naked. We gave each other everything. We had to make up for lost time, still, we remained unhurried. After I rode Ruk to full release I collapsed into his arms and he sighed, "Yeah baby that is what I missed. No one could ever compare to you."

"Not even Kri?" I asked.

Ruk, my sweet loving, wonderful Ruk replied by appearing genuinely puzzled and replied, "Who?"

We did not sleep at all that night!

Like all good things, it was too good to last. Only a month and a half later, Ruk was out on patrol to shepherd a diplomatic convoy, on a two-week mission. Bev's husband, who was in the diplomatic corps, would be going as well. It was far too soon for Ruk to earn a promotion but it would demonstrate to all that he was worthy of his lieutenant's bars.

Recalling what had happened to him on his last patrol, there were tears in my eyes as I watched his horse disappear in a cloud of dust. I turned to Bev and she hugged me tight. "They will be fine, brigands only go after goods and gold."

"It still hurts when he leaves, Bev. Will it ever stop hurting?"

"You never want it to stop hurting, Luz. If it stops hurting it means you no longer love your husband."

She clasped my chin in her palm, gave me a comforting kiss, stared into my eyes and said, "Let us go and have some tea. I think I have an idea or two to place your mind elsewhere."