All Comments on 'Beautiful Scars'

by BrokenGrace

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

The last thing society needs is any kind of story which shows this sick form of personal abuse called 'cutting' in any favorable light.

SeriniteeSeriniteeabout 13 years ago
Well Written

I admit I was slightly repulsed when I began this story, it was quite depressing. But the fact that I continued reading regardless exemplifies your merit as a writer. Maybe a disclaimer would cushion the controversial topic of "cutting" that you have incorporated. Good job.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 13 years ago
A sort of redemption?

A beautiful story which addresses issues others dare not touch. Thank you for your honesty and bravery.

estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
Wrong--The Last Thing Society Needs

is judgmental, hard-hearted, unforgiving assholes. Why don't you join those Kansas fascists who yell filth at soldiers' funerals, they're your kind of cowardly assholes?

That said, I was going to quibble, but stopped. I know young women who were "cutters", but gave it up finally, after much pain. BrokenGrace, thank you for dealing tenderly with a difficult subject. If you want my quibbles, I'll give them, but this is too important for me to intrude with technicalities.

Phxray54Phxray54about 13 years ago
Brava dear one,

thank you for sharing with us. Please tell us more.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
Can I honestly say I enjoyed this story?

It held me captured in a world I have little experience being anywhere near. A world of self-inflicted pain. My only experience was with a daughter who successfully hid her cutting for two years. Hid it from me, that is. Thank you for the look into the thinking, the emotions of a cutter.

To answer my own question an hour after I ask it... Yes. I enjoyed it.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
The pain felt so beautiful.

I love that line because it basically summarizes why people cut and why it's addicting.

LillithArchivistLillithArchivistabout 13 years ago
Good story...

While I thought this story was pretty darn good, despite the cutting, I really was kind of confused on what Grace did to hurt the guy. Did she hit him? Make fun of his music? Rip his favorite Nine Inch Nails poster into shreds? That's the only part that I didn't understand, maybe I missed it somehow.

But other than me just being picky and irritating, I truly did think this is a good story. Good pace, the characters were easy to relate to, and nicely done.

Can't wait to see what else you've got. =)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Fantastic

Truly one of the best stories I've read on this site in a long time. Even for someone who has never cut, the pain was vividly familiar and you addressed it in a tender, deeply emotional way that was close to perfect.

Laguna852Laguna852over 11 years ago
Great story

I can definitely relate to it cause I used to cut myself too as a way to ease my pain and it was only through my girlfriend (now ex but still a friend) that I stopped. Thanks for writing a beautiful story that sheds some understanding on why people cut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous