All Comments on 'Because of a Rotten Fish'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Yay!! Much better and much more like our friend!

Your humour, sexiness and insight comes out full force once again. So nice to see you using your obvious talent in such a great way. Welcome back, Moondrift, your gentle touch has been sorely missed in your explorations of the 'darker side'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great

Excellent. But you must continue adding chapters.

ishtatishtatover 19 years ago
High Pressure Atmosphere

In the top 1% of stories but when you write as well as you do the flaws unfortunately, seem to stand out more.The last part of the story after the hero's return is not quite so convincing. The discovery of a daughter perhaps wasn't really necessary to the plot and would have produced some very deep and mixed emotions in any man.These did not come through.That shows because a strength of the earlier part was the regular reflection by the heroine of her inner thoughts.The heroines character was on the whole a little better drawn than the hero's.The minor parts,the assistants ,the elderly woman and the dog were all very effective.Your description of the sex scenes seems a bit technical in terminology eg inguen & urethra but you redeem yourself entirely by knowing as so few authors do the difference between a vulva and a vagina! Well written.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
I usually love your stories but...

You wrapped this up too quickly. You literally inserted the Aunt and the Daughter with very little regard for the flow of the story. Using one plot device would have been sufficient, not both. If you introduce the Aunt then I would argue that you must give her SOMETHING to do, some action to take. But the major concern I had for this story were the lovers themselves. The dialog between Pru and David was tedious and by the end of the story I wanted David to throw his hands up in disgust and leave this shrill, sarcastic female. You gave us too much of Prue, and the parts you disclosed reduced the naturally sympathetic character you had painted. As for David, what a wimp! I'm surprised he had the gumption to return and more surprised that he wanted to do so. Other than his so called "Atmosphere" he was a shallow character.

For Prue to give the man so much grief upon his return was insufferable. You are one of THE BEST writers on this site. However, this story is not up to your otherwise high standards.

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Good start,

nice build up

ending a little abrupt

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks so much.

A fun read, as are many of your stories. I enjoy them very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
LOVE AND TRUST GO HAND IN HAND

A VERY GOOD STORY VERY WELL WRITTEN PRU IS A BIT OF A HARD NUT, AS THOUGH SHE AFRAID OF GETTING HUR, SHE MAY FIND IT DIFFICULT TO TRUST,T

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I liked the story. I got swept up in it until the last 1/4 where the characters motivations started to come across as unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
quite a good story

but what a callous cold hearted bitch to treat him like that and not tell him about the baby.....

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990almost 6 years ago
No flow

I didn’t enjoy this story compared to your others.

It started out realistic but then quickly changed.

I thought at first it might be a cultural difference, I’m from Canada, you’re from Australia. But really were not that much different between countries at all.

It just didn’t make sense:

-she’s a strong woman, yet she’s afraid/insecure of him dumping her because she is “fast” , that “whether he had feelings of revulsion for her who had offered herself after so short an acquaintance” this is ignorant, stupid

-they both! declare love instantaneously—ridiculous

-she gets jealous over his dog? & she’s a vet, don’t believe it

-they separate for a year after just a few day together & declare themselves

-SUPER STUPID & this story is mislabelled=INCEST?! If I wanted to read an incest story I’d go to that category. This new love of her life is banging his aunt?! & has no qualms about it...yeah...he’s a good catch—NOT! He’ll think nothing of fuckibg their daughter next

-SHE has no qualms about him relapsing screwing his aunt because “at least she knows her” & oh yes “he’s a potent man” so that excuses if he fails—totally ridiculous

-she doesn’t tell him that she got pregnant & had a child?! She’s awful.

More to the point, to me it seems like she knew she’d get pregnant because she made no attempt to not get pregnant, there was no “birth control failure”,

If the birth control is excluded from the sex scene then ok, take for granted:

its fantasy, or she’s on the pill. But if you throw in this real life drama of bringing in a child & her ranging on about him not feeling sorry for her & marrying her just because she got pregnant—well she & they did nothing to prevent it — so why is her haranguing brought in?

-they have this hot sex, yet because she is lactating, her breasts are completely out of bounds? That makes no sense.

-he has to be the whimpiest guy. & he’s a lawyer? Not at all believable

Obviously, I’m disappointed in the story, frustrated that I even read the entire thing — I started to bail at the aunt/incest part but realized the story was close to the end...

But—- your other stories are so much better....

Sorry to be so harsh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous