All Comments on 'Becoming a Countess'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SoCalOvidSoCalOvidalmost 16 years ago
Quite, quite droll!

Wonderful — dry wit, with a tongue planted firmly in cheek! Ah! And those ag students — too much time watching the beasts 'do it' (or was that celebrated fleas that 'do it')

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Don't try to be clever

A bit of knowledge can give you a good story. To be insouciant and satirical needs an understanding far greater than you show. This is a pie-throwing pastiche that misses all the targets you are aiming at. A bit beyond your capabilities here, sorry.

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigoralmost 16 years agoAuthor
Reply to Don't try to be clever

A-hole, what do you know what my targets were? Writing is a creation, not a science. To gurgitate as you did and then find no merit in anything to avoid giving a 00 mark suggests you've earned the tag expressed in the first word of my first sentence here. EG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
A-hole is a Twat!

Methinks A-hole is an upper class twat himself - they are all so up themselves they think they own the world! Good stuff again EG - keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another Anon--too sudden ending

Really don't like to do this, but I simply was forced to lower my normal high marks because of the ending. Loved the story. Your usual style. And yes, I am aware that you do have "sudden" endings to some of them. But this one was, unfortunately, just a bit too sudden for me. Not that everything has to be tied off neatly, but this was simply too quick -- at least for me. If you had had another few paragraphs or say nothing of another chapter, would have been a 5. But fear not: no 00's from me. :) Rest of story too enjoyable. Simply down a mark.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
Remarkable..and disappointing

A delightful story that demanded another chapter, at least one more page. It has been a long time since it was posted, but perhaps not too long to finish it properly? I can only hope you are still up to the challenge. I enjoy being teased, but this ended with my endless torture; and I'm not good enough to sequel. My hat is off to you, sir. A "5", any day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice one

You got the family interplay to a fine art.

I loved it. Well Done

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
unfinished

I have read most of your submissions and find most enjoyable . but I find if you would only write a few more lines to finish of the stories and I mean all your work .they would become *****

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed your writing, imagination and character development. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous