Becoming a Countess

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I'll not call. I'll believe you."

Davis gave her a cheesy grin. "Fine, my honour remains intact."

The America woman answered the door and said to Davis unenthusiastically, "Oh it's you again."

"Yes, but this time I have a buddy to share the rent."

"This woman? God you over-sexed farm students team up faster than flies on cat's poo."

Davis and Tessa laughed nervously.

They looked around and Tessa whispered yes to Davis.

"Well a monthly term with renewals, I really don't know. I suspect you want to see if you can live a month together?"

"Yes, the approach behind that is called applied intelligence."

The woman looked approvingly at Tessa and turning to Davis asked, "Okay, show me some ID."

The woman said, "Christ, a real earl. You've the first person above common knights and ladies I've met. You look and speak no differently to this young woman."

"Who is the daughter of a knight."

"Oh goodness, please sign and move in. I would like to invite you two when I entertain some of my girlfriends who work with me in research at the university."

"For entertainment value, yes of course," said Davis. "But we stop short at giving top hat and cane routines."

"I think I know what you mean," said the academic vaguely.

* * *

Davis whistled and said, "God, what a glorious cunt."

Almost dying with embarrassment Tessa said feebly, "Davis."

"Oh I'm sorry. Apologies. We've only just met, haven't we? It's as if I've known you for a long time rather than just today. So much has happened to us and in talking since mid morning. Believe me, Tessa, I've been up close and personal with a number of women and speak with some authority when I say this is a magnificent peach."

"Talking about it in that manner is making it leak."

"So be it. You take my cock in your mouth and I'll suck the leaking peach."

Tessa would long remember that evening, the first time she was properly fucked. Although Davis was only nineteen he played her like a violin and when she asked how could that be so, he sent her into body-throbbing orgasm when he said straight-faced his mother had been a very willing tutor. Tessa said he was lying and he nodded but there was something about his smile that left her unsure about his response. Perhaps he'd had nannies.

Then once he entered her and she tightened up on him she really did feel the violin thing. There was no impatience, no roughness about him, just calm stroking that she knew without doubt would take them somewhere close to perfect climatic joy, and so that came to be. Afterwards when she unwisely stood to reach for the towel instead of asking him to pass it, an incredible amount of liquid flowed from her and she knew by her really drained feeling a lot of that was the result of her climax. She'd loved it and told him so and he seemed so pleased. To her astonishment they spent the next half hour before falling asleep considering baby names. Davis seemed to be affected quite profoundly by her fertility. Next morning he awoke and asked where he'd feel the baby when it had grown sufficiently to feel its first kicks. That left her quite scary about his motives. What was he thinking?

The next afternoon Tessa arrived home at the apartment alone. Davis remained behind to find out what clubs he'd like to join besides rugby football. Tessa answered the door and a tall woman with beautiful bearing and about her mother's age smiled at her. It was his mother; she could see similarities. God, what should she do, bow and scrape, fall over or just say come in Mrs Masters. No, she'd ask Davis when walking between lectures that morning what was his mother's title and he'd said, The Marchioness of Oakland."

"Please come in Lady Oakland."

"Oh my word. You are very quick. I'd asked Davis not to say I would be visiting."

"He didn't – it's the eyes and across your forehead."

"Oh, been in very close study of my son, have you?"

"Yes milady."

"Our family name is Masters. Just Mrs Masters will be fine dear."

"Thank you. Tea Mrs Masters?"

"Earl Grey if you have it."

"We do, freshly stocked up. You are here to assess me no doubt?"

"There could be some doubt about that supposition. That's not the real reason why I've dropped by although I must admit to being curious. You see, although young my son has dated numerous females and none have stuck much past the first date, if you know what I mean. And here you are, you two meet for the first time mid-morning and are living together that evening. That is, to put it mildly, quite electrifying."

"Well I must have what it takes, but I'm not sure what it is."

"Oh, don't under-estimate yourself dear. You are practically fearless, or so it would appear. You are confident, upfront and are not at all upset that I may be here to check you out."

"I have an expectation good mothers would want to keep an eye on their sons even aged nineteen."

The marchioness smiled. "There you go; see what I mean? Elegant to the nth."

Tessa smiled warmly and poured the tea.

"My real reason for being here is my son asked me to talk to you in private."

Tessa just smiled.

"Oh darling could you please make this easier for me; I feel I am invading your private space. You must be aware of that."

"Yes of course. Now that I have been invited to assist may I ask believing that you already know, "Are you aware that I am pregnant to a person unknown to me and that I have no wish to find who he is?"

"Yes I do and thank you and I hope it goes well for you. Davis thought you should hear it from the horse's month. In the days when I was a filly I conceived out of wedlock as the result of being involved with three gentlemen at the one time and then along comes my one and only husband who marries me, knowing I was pregnant, and this secret has remained between the three of us but now extended to you as the fourth person at Davis's request. The marquess, registered as the father when the birth occurred several months after our marriage."

"He asked you to tell me that, but why?"

"It's quite simple my dear, nothing at all sinister or romantic for that matter. He couldn't accept you would believe him if he told you..."

"He didn't want me thinking he was a liar, out to become closer to me because we shared a peculiar kind of secret."

Lady Oakland smiled. "There you go again and you are totally correct. And you do check out very well. When Davis said he wanted to bring you home to begin a farm appraisal for study purposes I admit to being a little anxious, wondering how a farm girl would survive the banter of my rather snooty daughters. I now have no such fear."

"So you were also here to check up on me."

"Ah, a statement rather than a question. You beautifully packaged Tessa in so many ways. I now understand the impact you've had on my impressionable son."

"Impressionable? Yes, Davis is rather and I'll not attempt to change him. I like the way he's packaged Lady Oakland. More tea?"

"Thank you."

"I am aware I have become privy to very confidential information. It will remain confidential with me."

"Thank you dear. I would like to meet your mother sometime. I already know you father vaguely because we are a major client of his company and occasionally go to special introductions of new labels or to meet leading figures in winemaking in Europe."

Davis arrived home and Tessa said, "Don't skulk. It went very well but in future I expect to have advance warning about anything like that."

"Then you are not mad at me?"

"No, I can understand your concern and that disclosure brings us closer. It explains why you bonded with me despite hearing about my pregnancy. Some guys being told that would have told me to piss off."

CHAPTER 2

As Tessa and Davis approached her family home named after the nearby town as Kinkton Hall, Davis said, "This is fine farmland around here."

"I was born here and still think it's magnificent countryside, some of the finest in England.

"You didn't add 'I daresay.'

"Daresay is not a word I find necessary to use."

"I daresay I can agree with that."

They laughed and swept through the huge gateway in Tessa's peppy small Japanese SUV.

"Hi mom, this is the guy I told you about, Davis."

"Hello Davis, welcome. And that's all Teresa said and that you wanted to assess the farm with here as a prospective case study. Why is that?"

"Good afternoon or should I say early evening Lady Toms. The reason is we have to decide which farm to study, this one or one on my parent's estate...um..." Davis threw an apologetic glance at Tessa a split second before her mother struck.

"Estate...multiple farms. Just who are you young man?"

Tessa groaned. "Oh mother, Davis is the Earl of Magellan, elder son of the Marquess of Oakland."

"Ohmigod, I must summon the family."

"Mother, do that and Davis and I are out of here and will stay in one of the derelict farm cottages," Tessa grated. "Davis usually prefers Davis unless he's at ceremonial occasions or at gatherings of people like you and right now he prefers Davis."

"Is that correct My Lord?"

"It is ma'am and I'd be obliged if you would follow protocol as laid down by Tessa."

"Tessa, what does she know about the peerage?"

"There's not a lot to know about it ma'am apart from history and precedence and some outstanding personalities."

"Where's daddy?"

"Delayed by traffic I'd think. He so much wanted to be here when you arrived. Why you are his favourite I have no idea."

"Because unlike others in his family I am direct with an unforced personality and can be relied upon and those are aspects of character you cannot seem to comprehend mother."

"Er ladies, tea?"

"Ohmigod, tea. Yes er Davis. Please enter our humble home. Teresa will attend to the luggage."

Through the drawing room window Davis saw a green Jaguar sweep up at speed and brake hard, sending gravel flying. A slender dark-suited man jumped out and the young woman went flying into his arms and they did a few fake dance spins before breaking off and looking at each other, laughing. More confirmation of who was daddy's girl.

That night in bed Tessa reached for Davis' erection and said, "What do we have here?"

"My succession of nannies called it my pee-pee."

"Oh dear, how unromantic. Did your nannies teach you about sex?"

"Yes, from earlier days about taking pride in my 'dickie' to actual engagement. People have this impression of doddery old nannies. In my early teens some of my nannies were young farm girls not going on to higher education."

"Ohmigod, you two would stay in bed all day doing it?"

"Actually a quickie after my evening bath was the custom."

Tessa gurgled with delightful thoughts and she took her big boy's 'dickie' into her mouth. Later when Davis split her legs apart and they watched as he pushed 'dickie' in he said, "If it had not been for your father's firm intervention, we would have been sleeping in different accommodation wings tonight."

"Yes, mother will take some time getting used to the idea I'm being shafted by an earl."

In the morning the elderly farm manager arrived in his veteran Land Rover. John kissed Tessa like a father would and greeted the visitor who was introduced to him as Davis. They toured the property for three hours, examining almost every aspect.

On Saturday night at the family dinner attended by Tessa's three married sisters and their husbands and her brother appeared for the first time with his male companion, their mother hit the wine and finally could contain herself no longer.

"Davis is actually the Earl of Magellan," Agnes said grandly.

The conversations halted briefly and all eyes were on Davis momentarily.

"He seems all right," Robyn said condescendingly.

Katherine told her mother not to fuss and Carol who was married to a plumber said, "You're doing all right for yourself Tessa."

They then began conversing again, leaving their mother speechless.

"Dad, pour more wine for mother," said his only son Peter. "She appears disappointed in her family. Tessa called to warn us."

Davis dug his fingers into Tessa's thigh appreciatively and she dragged the hand to between her legs.

The next weekend the couple went to Davis' home. His mother was beautiful to Tessa, his father was indifferent and his sisters were plain bitchy. His brother was in Scotland.

"What do you think? Davis asked as they drove home.

"It was okay. I expected your sisters to set out not to like me."

"No, I mean which farm?"

"The easy one – ours. It's more intensely farmed with more variety of livestock and cropping but I guess if we took your three farms together..."

"But they are not contiguous as there's a village between two of them and the third is three miles away from the second. The format of the study says..."

"Contiguous. Right. So what do you think?"

"Your farm."

Tessa grinned. "That's in spite of my mother?"

"We have to study a farm and project it's future in association with it's past and market trends."

"God, my mother wouldn't understand that."

'Then she's going to lose interest in our project, isn't she?"

The farm manager John Landers was of tremendous assistance to the two students with their project. His father had been farm manager before him and had immaculate records about stocking rates, types of stock and production output since his father's first year as manager when appointed in 1932. Davis began entering data on his laptop for processing into graphs while Tessa concentrated on adding to the family's historic records of their land holdings with greater depth of study in local archives and those held farther afield. They had Friday's off for five weeks to work on their research, which they continued on Saturdays.

A week before the ending of their first term (semester) the results of the studies were announced and Davis and Tessa's study was awarded second place.

Tessa's father highly praised them and gave Davis three cases of middle red wine to establish a cellar at the apartment and a selection of six reds that left Davis boggling because there were highly prized wines. Tessa's mother took no interest until she heard Avery being asked if the two classes totalling forty-eight students and tutors could visit and walk some of the farm for two hours. Agnes said grandly, "We'll have a big marquee erected on the lawn and will invite some local dignitaries, my daughters and of course the local media."

The local media covered the event and Agnes sent a copy of the newspaper to Davis' parents and was ever so pleased to receive a thank you card from Lady Oakland. The marchioness all wrote to the two students, addressing the letter to Tessa on her official letterhead but simply signing the very informal and warm letter as Penelope.

Then quite unexpectedly Tessa had a miscarriage at six weeks. She was devastated and Davis comforted her and friends called but Tessa found she wanted to be left alone. Davis was granted compassionate leave for both of them and, with Tessa's agreement, took her home to his mother. The decision was not difficult to make because Lady Oakland had called Tessa three times for a quiet chat whereas Tessa's mother had expressed her sympathy adding, "Now you are free to get on with your life." That was the last she heard from her mother but that next morning her father arrived and sat with her for four hours and with his charm hauled her out of her threatening depression.

Davis proved also to be charming and a comfort on the drive to Walton Estates and his mom came running as soon as she heard the tires crunching on the gravel. She was lovely. She smiled and helped Tessa from the vehicle and said, "You are in safe hands now darling. I have made up a day bed for you one of the sofas in the living room. I don't want you out of sight and sound in a bedroom. That is if this arrangement pleases you."

As Lady Oakland settled Tessa she said, "Pour us some sparkling wine Davis or you have a beer if you prefer."

"Yes, I'd like a glass of wine," Tessa said. "I've missed it, not having sipped any alcohol for the past six weeks."

"You have the makings of a fine mother darling. Please call me Penny."

Two of Davis' sisters arrived together, Lady Claire Mason and Lady Helen Curtis. They ignored their mother and brother, going straight to Tessa and being very sympathetic. They both revealed they'd had a miscarriage.

The sisters had one drink and left, saying they would see Tessa tomorrow as they had been invited for lunch with her.

Lord Oakland arrived home from France where he'd been at a business board meeting. David was all over his son. He greeted Tessa politely.

"I hear you've had a bad time. I was sorry to learn about that. Well, I must get ready for dinner. Enjoy your stay."

After that Penny's cold husband virtually ignored Tessa and never once referred to her by name. She thought he'd be an excellent match for her mother and her father would really love Penny. It was a pity good pairings were uncommon.

Over dinner Lord Oakland (he was too full of himself for Tessa to think of him as David) said to Davis, "Since you are home you'd better come with us on the charter up to Scotland. We fly off at 8:00. I'll wake you."

After dinner when Tessa's head was in Davis' lap and he was stroking her hair she said, "You behaved rather passively when asked to go to Scotland."

"Yeah, but I did ask would you mind if it went as I'd only be away one night."

"Yes you did. What will you do up there?"

"It's a hunting party. Shooting and gluttony with some wenching on the side."

"What part do you like best?"

"The great food."

"Oh, and what do you shoot?"

"Deer, but I only shoot above their heads. I think the so-called sport is barbaric."

"And the women?"

"I shoot into condoms."

"Good for you."

And that was the end of that. Well thought Tessa. Just because she didn't feel like sex it didn't mean he had to go without.

* * *

Over a leisurely late breakfast Penny told her: "David has taken Davis because he'd very keen for Davis to become engaged to the daughter of a great friend, The Lady Elizabeth Holt."

"And will this strategy work; I guess she and her mother will have gone to Scotland?"

"They are living on Lord Holt's Scottish estate at the moment. That's where everyone is gathering. Davis will be thrown into the company of Elizabeth but you needn't worry; Davis loves you and that's why I have no problem telling you this."

"What!"

"Well not real love yet but you are a marked woman. Haven't you noticed?"

"W-well I've noticed he appears fond of me."

"Ah yes, fond. Well be prepared to have that word substituted in due course. Darling, Elizabeth has the butt and the face of a horse and weighs 170lbs."

"God, I hope she doesn't go on top!"

Penny spilt coffee over the table when laughing unrestrained. "Oh darling, the repulsiveness of such a scene hit my mind and it was either to laugh or to vomit. I chose the more ladylike option of the two."

This time Tessa spat coffee over the table as she roared into laughter. "Oh you are so funny," she said and glimpsed tenderness in the eyes of her hostess she'd first noticed on her arrival.

Ohmigod, she wants me for her daughter-in law, Tessa marvelled.

Mid-morning Penny and Tessa went off in muddy SUV to drive over the three farms. Tessa had only received a cursory tour on her previous visit.

"Well, what do you think?"

"Farmed well although this is not the best time of the year to be viewing farms, going into winter. That surprised me the shooting party at this time of year."

"Big roaring fires, the deer easier to track in snow and slowing down in drifts."

"Oh, the poor darlings."

"I was meaning what do you really think?"

"I'm a guest."

"Please don't disappoint me darling."