Becoming a Countess

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tessa sighed. "All three properties are being farmed traditionally instead of being farmed for profitability with flexibility to change to changing market conditions. Cows on the dairy farms are high butterfat producers. Is that what people are demanding these days? And I wonder about sheep when the most in demand meats are chicken and beef, not that I would think of converting to poultry."

"I see. Would Davis think like you?"

"Haven't you asked him?"

Wrapped warmly in a rug Tessa grinned when she saw the blush. "His father is so dominating about farm management policy you never considered Davis might have an independent mind about it, do you?"

"No," Penny all but whispered. "David has never studied farming technology, systems and marketing. He learned from his father who learned from his father and today David only glances at farming publication that arrive unsolicited in the mail and never looks at farming educational pages on the Internet. But I did do something. When Davis expressed an interest in going on to study agriculture to degree qualification I jumped on the wagon and pushed him all the way. He was so pleased because of his father's indifference."

"Good for you. I suggest when Davis graduates you pressure for him to be given control of the lowest producing farm and sit back and see what happens. Because the properties are not contiguous that ought not cause any upset apart to current managers. I guess the farms are currently managed by your sons-in law?"

"Yes, but that can be arranged. They are on management contracts. If the worst comes to the worst I can always buy him his own farm. I'm the one with the money. That is a marvellous suggestion of yours darling. I'll talk to Davis when the time comes."

* * *

When the party returned for lunch after a two-hour shoot, Davis called Tessa.

"Hi, I'm with your mother in the village having lunch. I'm feeling much better. How is it in Scotland?"

"Fucking cold. It's not snowing and everyone is in a bad mood because the deer are flighty. We only shot one and the seven of us stalkers have guns."

"Did you mind?"

"What, missing out?"

"No, seeing a poor deer killed?"

"No because it wasn't senseless killing. It was carried back to the road to bring back to Cargill Mansion and cut up for meat."

"I'm so pleased you are having a great time."

Davis said sourly, "Well if you call being wet, cold and bored with mist all around us having a great time, then so be it."

Tessa laughed. She wanted Davis to hear she was back to laughing again. "Get you pecker warm for a great night tonight darling. Bye."

The huge two-century old mansion the Holt's called their hunting lodge had roaring fires kept stoked by house staff (no longer called servants). Two more red deer had been shot that afternoon but everyone was talking about Davis, known to have never shot anything during his twelve years of deer stalking. It had happened when the gamekeeper called for quiet and took a bead on a wild dog and missed and cursed as it ran off, Davis swapped guns with his father and dropped to his knee, took aim and at about 250 yards out – some claimed it was more like 300 – the marauding dog dropped and lay still. The gamekeeper's assistant Jackie ran out and came back with the news, "Dead, shot in the head." Davis had handed the centre-fire rifle back to his father who said casually, "Good shot" but the look he gave his son made Davis's toes curl. He couldn't remember his father looking so pleased, not even at his daughters' weddings.

Dinner wasn't served until 9:00 so after late afternoon drinks (it was already dark) many of the guests went upstairs for a nap or whatever. Davis found the room he shared with his father was locked and smiled. He was returning downstairs when a bathroom door opened and Lady Trent, the young wife of Lord Trent came out and without a word grabbed Davis' arm and dragged him back into the bathroom and locked the door.

Davis blurted, "I-I'm not carrying condoms."

"I have plenty in my toilet bag," Jill said gleefully.

The thirty-something reached between Davis's legs and said, "What have we here? Oh god!"

Davis gave Lady Trent time to get clear and returned to his shared room to try the door. It was still locked but it opened and Lady Holt, the hostess, stood there, her breasts still swollen and she smelt of sex.

"Good boy, perfect timing," said the fifty-something, dragging him into the room and saying his father was asleep. "Let's see how you compare," she said. "Do you butt fuck – I have condoms."

After midnight Elizabeth Holt spat at Davis, "You feeble jerk, not able to present an erection to me! Fuck off." Miraculously though, minutes later when Davis went to the huge kitchen for a glass of warm milk the night hostess ran a finger down his chest while the milk was warming on the stove. Her finger went down over Davis's belt and hit something that was hardening.

"Oooh," she said, pulling up her black skirt as she sank back over the kitchen table. While ploughing her Davis leaned back and pulled the warmed milk off the stove, thinking no use allowing his nightcap to spoil.

* * *

The men arrived home looking exhausted. Obviously deer stalking in Scotland was really hard work.

"Oh you look much better," Davis said. Tessa thought it would be unkind to say he looked much worse than when he'd left.

"Yes, very much better," she said. "I expect to feel like sex again soon. Did you find Elizabeth bouncy enough for you?"

Davis looked at her cagily.

"It's okay, you mother told me."

Looking relieved Davis said, "To tell you the truth when she smacked me across my dick it lay down and refused to cooperate."

"Oh poor boy."

"No, much relieved. She weighs 170 lbs. I would have run but she cornered me but this is the truth: she looked at my sulking cock and told me to fuck off."

"Oh poor boy. I wonder why I'm so pleased."

Davis crossed his fingers. No, she didn't ask did he have sex with anyone else. He liked Tessa so much he'd lie to her although he knew not saying he'd fucked other women technically was a lie in itself.

CHAPTER 3

On their return to university, Davis and Tessa signed a lease for the remainder of their 3-year degree course. When Davis had suggested it, she'd said, "Are you sure you want to be with me for that length of time?"

"Yeah, of course. There is nobody else better than you."

"What does that mean?"

"It means what it says it means."

Tessa said, "You can be so exasperating. Well I suppose it doesn't matter as our agreement is we each pay half of our living costs each week."

"Yes, exactly. The arrangement leaves us less than secure but also less than committed."

Tessa smiled. "That's rather sensible."

Davis thought it was a brilliant working arrangement, tailored by intellectuals.

Tessa laughed and said he had quite a way with words. "I'm back on contraceptive pills."

"Good but you know how to get into dad's good books. Get one in the oven from me, have it confirmed as a boy and call him and he'll call you his princess."

"What a jerk. He and mom should really be paired off."

Davis remained quiet.

"What, I hope I haven't offended you?"

"No, it's fine. I never said this but I've often thought my mother and your father seem absolutely made for one another."

"Hmmm. Out to play cupid are you?"

"No, if it was meant to have happened it would have happened. Mom has her daughters and the hope that one of them will produce a male heir to succeed me."

"Well, if you get a romantic notion about presenting your father with a grandson just ask me to come off the pill."

"Would you do that?"

"For you father, no. For you and your mother, yes."

"You are a most unusual woman Tessa Tom."

Tessa thought their parents hadn't met and perhaps they should. All her friends knew she and Davis were going steady. She knew it had to happen but wasn't aware it had. She asked Davis was he aware they were going steady?"

"Not really. When we chose to live together it was a commitment of sorts but yet without a commitment because we left all options open. I just found I did not want to go out with other women."

"That's exactly how I see it," Tessa said. "I just accepted you as my lover. I now formerly ask you to be my lover and remain at my side."

"Okay, good," Davis smiled. "Want to get engaged?"

"Do you think that's necessary?"

"No. It will only have your mother running around like a headless chook over you acquiring a title."

"She is Lady Tom so what's the big deal?"

"You will become the Countess of Magellan."

"Ohmigod...Ohmigod."

"What, are you pleased?"

"I'm thinking of my mother, screaming around telling everyone her daughter is to become a countess. Actually I really think I'm a little too basic to become a countess."

"Let's leave the subject to rest. If only you know just how basic some in the peerage are."

Near the end of the term ending for the break for Christmas, Tessa thought they should put on a luncheon for their parents. Davis agreed and it was arranged. The day before the luncheon he and Tessa were shopping and with Tessa looking at a display of watches in a jeweller's store Davis dropped to his knee and taking the startled Tessa's hand said, "Darling, will you marry me on graduation but in the meantime become engaged to me?"

"I-l well yes. Oooh yes. Yes let's do it. God I need a pee."

They got through the light trauma eventually and they both loved the ring and decided to make the announcement over lunch.

Acting wisely, Tessa gave her parents an arrival time half and hour ahead of Davis' parents, the idea being to give her mother time to settle in and have a drink before the arrival of the marquess and his wife.

Davis and Avery were having a beer and almost burst out laughing when they heard Tessa working on her mother in the kitchen. "Mother, it's no big deal. Lord Oakland is a real stiff but Penny is a real delight."

"Penny? You call the Marchioness of Oakland Penny?"

"Yes mother because she invited me to do so. Up-himself Arthur hasn't become informal with me. In fact he's only used my name once so I now don't all him anything. Please don't put on a Hollywood when they arrive – here, have another gin to settle down. Remember they go to the toilet just like you and me."

"Oh my child, how can you debase the peerage in such a disrespectful manner."

Lady Oakland entered first and kissed Tessa on both cheeks.

"Penny, this is my mother Agnes."

"Oh Agnes, I am so pleased to meet you at last. Please call me Penny."

"Penny? Are you sure?" Agnes asked, looking a little unnerved.

"Well Penelope if you insist but it's a rather stuffy name. Penny is my preference."

"Oh hello boy," Lord Oakland said, thumping Davis on the back. And hello...um..."

"This is Tessa dad or Teresa if you prefer."

"Oh Tessa, yes of course. Lovely name."

"Dad, this is Tessa mom Lady Tom but I think she'd like you to call her Agnes."

"Well Agnes, the pleasure is all mine."

"T-thank you Lord Oakland."

"Don't worry about the title my dear. Just call me Oakland."

"Oakland?"

"Yes Agnes."

"I-um-um."

"Do you really? Tell me what's in it and I'll fetch one for you. I'm not aware of a drink called Yum-Yum."

"I'll fetch the drinks dad. You tell Agnes about meeting the Prince Royal in the Galeries Lafayette in France. She'll like that story to tell her friends."

Before he could move Avery arrived with beer for Lord Oakland and a brandy, lime and soda for Penny.

"Oh hi Avery," said Lord Oakland, taking the beer before Avery had time to serve Penny first.

"Greetings Arthur. Pick up any good labels in France?"

"Y-you two know one another?" Agnes asked.

Avery scratched his head. "It must be nine years isn't it Arthur?"

"Yes old man. It must be that."

And then Tessa saw the most amazing thing. Her father looked at Penny and Tessa saw the fleeting flash in Penny's eyes as she and Avery locked gazes. Tessa realized they knew one another and that was 'knew' in the most intimate sense of the word. Ohmigod.

"Something told me you'd be a brandy, lime and soda girl?"

"Oh I'm a brandy lime a soda girl Sir Avery," Penny said.

"Oh please, Avery."

"Then it's Penny for you."

They were playing a little charade; Tessa knew they were. Father and son were discussing French beer and her mother apparently had not heard a word of the interplay and said to her husband, "You know Arthur well but don't know Lady Oakland?"

"No, Penny has been to the cellars on special occasions but apart from the usual introductions, I've never conversed with her. Ever."

Penny smiled, a secretive smile if one looked quick enough to catch it, as if expecting to see it: "No unfortunately."

Tessa could tell they were lying and held her breath but her mother remained oblivious.

"Then we must invite you to dinner and stay the night Penny."

"Oh Agnes, that would be lovely."

Tessa's mind was on fire. Where did the adulterous duo meet? How often did they meet? How had the affair started? Who was the instigator? How often did they do it? What were their favoured positions? Would she ever have this secrete liaison ever confirmed. Would she dare speak to Penny about it?

Questions, questions, so many questions. Her pulse was racing. She was so happy for them. But would she ever know that this liaison was factual, beyond the slightest doubt. She fiddled with her engagement ring in her pocket, knowing within half an hour the two families would feel united and Arthur's mind would be racing...would she bear him a grandson.

Tessa felt hugely aroused. She had to know. She just had to know. She'd die if she didn't.

She was suddenly aware the conversations around her had stopped and heard her mother asking, "Are you all right dear?"

Tessa shook her head and suddenly focused. She'd been staring at Penny without realising it.

"Yes mother. Just a little over-heated I think."

She looked back at Penny, unable to stop that move, feeling something was linking them. She focused, caught Penny's smile and then caught Penny's conspiratorial wink.

Penny knew she knew!

Ohmigod, though Tessa, as her empty glass slipped out of her hand and hit the tiled floor.

THE END