Belle of Bellville Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She remained still, stiff, and defiant. Her delicate nostrils flared and her blue eyes grew dark with pent-up anger, but she refused to utter another word. He wouldn't listen anyway. Men like him never do. She loathed it when they threatened her, and although deep in her heart she was a trembling, cowering mess; outwardly, she refused to show her weakness again. Never again.

"I've put an envelope with cash on the passenger's seat of your fancy jeep. You're gonna leave now while the family ain't come in for supper. You'll leave this place and never come back. With the cash in that envelope, you'll be fine 'til you find some other place to stay. Do I make myself clear?" He arched an eyebrow.

She remained silent as she glared at him, but he flashed a smile as if they were having a pleasant conversation. His smile could tempt the stripes off a zebra.

"I...I can't break my word." Then she looked at him with a plea in her eyes. "My word is all I have left to give—"

"—Then see it as doin' right by a man who don't need another southern belle to break his heart," he said with a suddenly calm voice. He stared at her for a few moments before his gaze dropped to briefly gaze at her lips. He suddenly bit a curse before he turned and marched for the kitchen door...breaking his word that he wouldn't leave until she did...

The moment he stepped away from her, she felt her body shake uncontrollably. She quickly wrapped arms around herself as if she were freezing. She became light in the head and she could barely breathe.

It was then when he looked casually back at her...

Nearly twelve months—a full year—on the run was about to take its toll. Constant stress of being hounded down, having to hide, being hungry, penniless, and constantly afraid... it was all too much already, but Jacob Barrington's Charles-like manner was the final straw, and her nerves snapped.

The world began to spin, and a loud whooshing noise filled her head. Her knees began to buckle, and she desperately grasped for the counter sending cooking utensils and dishes flying to the floor. A sob broke from her lips because she knew she'd follow the way of the dishes...just when strong arms caught her before she'd hit the hard tile floor...

"Please don't...don't...hurt me," she whispered just before her soul was sucked into a black abyss of oblivion, as her exhausted body finally shut down...

To be continued

*

If you've enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to vote.

I welcome all feedback, good or bad, so don't be shy!