Bells and Buckets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It did not help when Keegan whispered, "Conjuring a monster is one thing, but did they have to conjure its smell along with it? Gah!"

With tears in her eyes, Heather took several steps back. She squeaked through her whisper, "Eww, Gods! I am not touching that. I don't want to do this! I want to go back! Let's go back!"

Céde worked very hard to keep her eyes from rolling. She wanted to tell Heather to either quit being a child or go to her room and hide under her covers with her thumb in her mouth. Instead, she hissed, "It's going to be all right, Heather. This is just an exercise, and we have to finish it together."

Keegan whispered, "What do we do, boss?"

Céde studied the situation for a second. The objective was only to get the rings and hang them up, but they were attached to a monster. With a loud snort, the ogre rolled onto his back and snored louder. She remembered when Jorak had wrestled an ogre when they journeyed to the Spire. Céde shrugged and whispered, "Jorak would just punch it in the head."

She was only making a comment out loud, not formulating a plan. She was trying to think of a way to get the rings without waking the beast, but her misspoken words spurred the volatile Atien. He snarled, "Good enough for me." Then he immediately loosed a stone from the wall and hurled it at the sleeping ogre. The stone smashed onto the thing's face and bounced away.

The creature woke with a roar, bringing a massive palm to the fresh knot beginning to swell on its forehead. It got to its feet and ran at them, the chain on its leg keeping it just out of reach. Its muscles strained against its restraint. As it roared at them, spittle flew from its lips, and it reached down and grabbed the chain that bound it. As it pulled in earnest, the chain began to look awfully feeble.

The ogre was not the only one who roared, for Céde yelled, "What the Hells, Atien?!" But her friend was lost in his own fear, and Atien screamed while blindly bringing down huge chunks of wall to hurl at the ogre. The ogre fought back with its free arm, knocking wildly thrown stones aside. They were too close to the fight. With both the ogre and Atien out of control, someone was going to get hurt. Céde shoved Heather back and grabbed Keegan's arm to pull him out of the way.

Heather screamed, "What do we do, Céde?"

Keegan yelled, "Make a decision, boss!"

In her head, Céde raged, "Seren! Gods damn it!"

The cat was at her feet. "I'm right here. Stop shouting. What do you want?" He was in her head, and he did not need to ask. Céde wanted something she could work with. Seren very calmly said, "Let me show you the room the way I see it."

Suddenly, Céde was looking through Seren's eyes. The perspective was more than a little disconcerting. What he helped her see, was the Aether itself, the magical stuff that made up everything in the room. Céde saw lines of magic that wove and fastened the maze and the creatures to the simulation chamber. She could follow the lines to the Scepters' controlling them from the balcony. Those lines of light were straight, neatly ordered, and bound tight to their complex casting runes. In contrast, Atien's Power shown as wildly whipping flames, bursting from a searing bright point that was Atien himself. Heather, Keegan, and she were all glowing just as hot, but unlike Atien, the three of them held onto their Power.

At first, she could not understand why Seren had shown this to her. Then she realized, he was showing her what she had to work with. He was telling her that the Aether was hers. Céde extended a thread of her own flaming light. Quickly experimenting with it, she shaped it into a vine, a flower, a logarithmic spiral; and she knew she cold do whatever she wanted with it. Keeping a tight hold on that light, she molded it into the form of a blade. With broad, sweeping strokes, she cut the Aether lines between the ogre and the controlling Scepter. With sharp flicks of her Power, she plucked at all the neatly sewn threads of Aether, and disassembled the ogre's weave.

Seren returned her vision, and she opened her own eyes in time to watch the four rings clatter to the floor in the place where the ogre had been. The walls of the maze, the weeds, the trees, and the sky, all were quickly fading. It was not just the ogre she had taken apart, but the whole set up was disconnected and rapidly coming down.

Céde glanced at the balcony to see that two of the Scepters were kneeling down to help the third who had fallen unconscious. She had a twinge of regret, feeling that she had done something wrong, then she saw Commander Findé. She watched from the balcony, unmoved by the condition of the Scepter. Her cold jade eyes met Céde's and she intoned, "Thirty seconds. Twenty nine..."

She looked at her feet to see that the rings were very real and not fading away with the rest of the setup. The hooks in the ceiling were just as real. Atien was on his knees, gasping for breath, exhausted from his loss of control. Heather whimpered, "Is it over?"

Céde said, "No." She barked at Atien, "Get up!"

To the three of them she said, "Everybody get a ring and hang it up! Now!"

Simple telekinetic movement was something they could all do with little effort. As Findé counted down their last few seconds, they all hung their rings. Heather's was the last to clink into place, just as Findé reached the number one. Céde clasped Heather's hand, with Keegan and Atien taking their free hands. Atien's grip was hot and strong, his breathing still heavy, but Céde suspected it was for a different reason than exhaustion.

His thumb subtly stroked the inside of her wrist, and heat flared throughout her body. Atien was gorgeous, and every girl in the tower wanted him. Though he had a girlfriend, it seemed they had an open relationship, for she had seen them both with other people. For an instant, she wanted his hands, his mouth. Gods help her, how she wanted to fuck! But she and Jorak had a relationship that was definitely not open. She felt his eyes on her, as if his gaze could stroke her most intimate places.

Her own want ached and soaked the crotch of her panties. She reminded herself that she wanted Jorak, his hands, his tongue, his thick cock ploughing her lust into submission. Thoughts of her orc-blood filled her body and soul with a sharp pang of desire that threatened to overwhelm her senses. She tried to suppress a moan that threatened to reveal her needs. She fought herself for control and kept her eyes on the balcony.

Findé was expressionless as she said, "Sloppy, stupid, dangerous." She let the words hang in the air, and it made Céde angry, though she did not flinch under the woman's gaze. "But I suppose you were technically successful."

She had not realized she was holding her breath until it came out as a sigh of relief. It was not so much for Findé's near approval, but for the fact that the Scepter who had been knocked out was slowly getting to his feet. He smiled through his grey and scraggly beard, then gave a small wave to let them know he was all right.

Kruptos said, "Your Aether-feedback was impressive, Mercédeon. But I'm not going to allow Mordas to come home to all the Scepters in the infirmary. Your targets were the conjured creatures, not my Scepters. One: we will study this further. Two: don't do it again without my permission. If any of you others try it, I'll let the commander roast you on a spit and eat you with potatoes and greens. Am I clear?" Everyone responded in the affirmative.

As Kruptos was speaking, more people joined those on the balcony. A second set of Scepters began creating the challenge for the next team, while behind them, a few more teachers had gathered. There were several curious students who had come to observe as well. Even the pixie, in her ylf'nim form, had joined them. It was hard to miss Whiskey Cricket's red hair as she stood on tip toes to whisper something to Findé, then she waved with enthusiasm at Céde. She could not help but return the pixie's contagious smile and wave back.

Atien frowned at the assemblage and said, "We're done. Can we go now?"

Findé said, "You can sit down, and wait for the rest of your squad to finish. If anyone fails to complete their exercise in the allotted time, you all get to run."

"That's not fair! We finished in time! You have to let us go!"

Céde winced at Atien's temperament. She squeezed his hand and murmured, "Atien, hush!" but it was too late.

Findé locked eyes with Atien, and her smile was not at all friendly. "Look, you noble brat, you do not want to be a pain in my ass. I don't care about your idea of fair, or how rich your daddy is. I don't give a shit what kind of Power you've got, or what Goddess you got it from. I will rip you up one side and down the other, all day, every day, until I crack that thick skull of yours, and make you be the weapon Velith needs you to be. Now, sit your whiney ass down and shut up!"

Atien stared hard at the commander for what seemed like a very long time. Then he snarled, "Yes, ma'am."

As a group, the four of them went back to sit on the bench. Heather and Keegan took a spot a little away from the others. Regardless of the public place, their lips and tongues worked frantically together, hands clutching, squeezing, and sliding up under clothing. Céde quickly turned away, for watching them was not doing anything to take her mind off of her own issues. Her body demanded that she mate, but her heart wanted only Jorak.

Beside her, Atien groaned. With his eyes shut tight, he banged the back of his head against the wall. Ashamed of herself, and fighting for control, Céde's eyes traveled on their own down the length of Atien's body to study the intriguing protrusion in his pants. She was alarmed by her intense desire to touch her friend. When she lifted her eyes, she found him openly staring at her. Blushing furiously, she tucked her hands under her thighs, determined to keep them to herself.

Kami had no such determination. She glanced up at those on the balcony and saw that they were focused on rebuilding the maze. Then she winked at Atien and said, "Come here, Atien. Let me help you." He went to her without hesitation. She took his hand and led him into the shadow of the stairwell.

The stairwell was hardly even semi-private. Céde could still see the two of them as Kami sat on the stairs, and Atien stood before her. She knew what was going to happen and did not want to watch, but her lust would not let her look away. She freed her hands and squirmed in her seat, pressing her soaked folds hard against the stone bench. If she touched herself, no one would care, because they all felt the same thing. However, one of her friends might try to help her, and she was not certain she would have the willpower to refuse. Céde wanted to stay in control of herself, so she tightened her fists at her sides and tried to be still.

Atien opened his trousers for Kami. His cock was long and slender. Compared to Jorak, Céde thought that anyone's cock would look slim to her. Kami lightly played her fingertips along the curve of Atien's shaft, then she leaned in to kiss the crown. Atien shut his eyes and braced a hand on the wall beside him. He hooked his fingers in her blonde hair and moaned when she slipped the entire length of him between her lips. Kami gripped and squeezed his buttocks. She took his need seriously, using her mouth, her throat, even humming to let the vibration in her voice get him off. Atien's breath came faster as he thrust with Kami's bobbing head. "Yes!" he hissed. "Oh, fuck yeah!"

In only a few minutes, his whole body tensed, his breath coming in loud gasps as he released. Kami held on to him until he was depleted, swallowing what he gave her. He pulled out of her mouth, and she smiled up at him while licking a stray drop of cum from the corner of her lips. "Is that better, Atien?"

"A little, yeah. Thanks, Kami."

"You'll return the favor when it's my turn?"

"Gods, yes!" The two of them laughed together. Céde's frustration made her feel oddly jealous of the ease and casual comfort they had with one another.

Kami's group was called next, and on her way to the maze, she leaned down to whisper to Céde. "If you can't wait for Jorak, I can help you too, baby." She nuzzled and kissed Céde's ear.

Findé snapped, "Now, Miss Dolvith!"

That sensation on her ear set Céde's blood on fire. A new flood rushed from her core. She clenched her jaw and pressed her knees together. She put her fists back under her thighs, and she tried to concentrate on her breathing. Rhythmic grunting from further away caused her to look up.

Heather bent forward, leaning against the outer wall of the maze with Keegan behind her. Though her skirt covered them both, they were clearly fucking right there in front of everyone. He was taking her backside hard, his hand working furiously at her front. Some people were watching, others were carefully looking away, but no one said a word about it. Céde decided it was best to be one of those who looked away, but the noises they made threatened to drive her to madness. When Kami was let loose on them after using her Power, it would only get worse.

Kami's unit was through with an entire minute to spare. She hardly cared whether she had privacy or not under normal circumstances. When her Power was involved, the only thing that mattered to her was her need. They were peeling off their clothes even before they got back to their seats. Marcus and Imra helped one another with their tunics, touching and giggling. Kami was all over Josette, cupping the human woman's breasts as they engaged in a passionate kiss. Céde's need throbbed, and she pressed her fingers against her eyelids, trying to block out the vision of her friends who could so easily sate their passions. On one hand, she should be shocked at her companions' behavior, on the other, she knew Kami all too well.

Atien leapt from his place to join Kami and her three teammates. He knelt behind Josette and spread her buttocks to play his tongue around her rim. She moaned and tossed back her head while Kami bent to apply her mouth to the woman's stiffening nipples. Maybe Atien's girlfriend understood, but Jorak would not. Céde needed some sort of distraction, but there was nothing to look at but sex or the blank walls of the maze. She looked again to see Marcus put his fingers deep into Kami's drenched pussy, and she arched to meet his touch. He pulled his fingers up her slit, using her fluids to lubricate her ass. Imra got down on the floor between her friends and enjoyed Atien's fingers while she lapped at Josette's cunt. Céde shut her eyes tight against her jealousy in their pleasure.

Through their psychic link, she spoke to her Familiar, "Seren, this isn't working out. This is just insane!"

"Oh, really? You passed your exercise, and everyone is all right. And it's rather amusing to watch your colleagues. Does Kami never tire?"

"Oh my Gods, Seren. You are not helping me. Shut. Up."

She was almost grateful when Findé called her name. "Mercédeon, up here."

Céde went through the side door and up the stairs to the observation balcony. She stood beside Findé and looked down. Moira's unit was in the maze, and they were struggling with the snake monster. Then she noticed that one of the Sorcerers was prone and not moving. She grabbed the commander's wrist and yelped, "Stop them! Somebody's hurt!"

"He's out, but not hurt. Not really anyway. He'll be fine when it's over."

Kami and her friends had lost their minds, her familiar was no help, and now Findé was useless when someone had clearly passed out on the floor. Anger mixed with the unsated arousal that she felt certain was going to kill her, and something snapped. Blood rushed to her head and she spun on Findé with a raging shriek, "'When it's over'?! What do you think this is? What the Hells are you trying to do to us?!"

Findé grabbed Céde's jaw and turned her head, forcing her to look her in the eye. She snarled at her, "I am trying to teach a bunch of spoiled rotten little brats how to work together. So that maybe, just maybe, a few of them might survive a war against the Lord of Hordes. I answered your question, now you answer mine. What the Hells is that?" She let go of Céde's face and pointed at Kami's mass of writhing bodies.

Marcus was buried to the balls in Kami's ass, her hips rocking back against his every thrust. At the same time, she and Josette supported one another, locked in a sloppy wet kiss. On the floor, Imra wrapped a hand around Atien's cock, while he rubbed her clit. The two of them alternated between kissing one another and letting their tongues dance over Josette's quivering sex. Keegan and Heather joined the group, using lips and tongues with Marcus in a sensual kiss as they toyed with his pumping buttocks.

Taziel's team watched from their places on the bench, when an elfess got up to try and join the others. Taziel called to her and pulled her hand back to make her sit down. He said, "Enana, not until after. It's our turn at the maze soon." She sat down hard, throwing her arms over her chest. She was miffed, but she complied with Taziel's command.

Céde had had more than enough. Over sensitive, and absolutely furious, she knew she was irrational and should hold her tongue, but she did not. She screamed at Findé, and did not care that she drew the attention of everyone on the balcony. "Well, Commander, it looks like a fucking orgy to me! And maybe if you weren't such a cold bitch, you'd recognize one when you saw it!"

A strong, dark palm came out of nowhere and slammed into Céde's cheek. She saw stars and tasted blood in her mouth as she reeled. Whiskey caught her and kept her from hitting the floor. Céde straightened up her spine and her Power surged to the surface. She could feel lighting crackling inside her clenched fists. The pixie blocked any further attack with her own body, muttering, "Oh, shit, shit, shit. Don't do that, Céde. Don't do it!"

Her eyes were drawn to the pixie's, and those turquoise pools seemed to lock her vision there. Whiskey put her arms around Céde's shoulders in a gentle hug. Very softly, she said, "Let's just calm down, all right?" She leaned in and kissed Céde's cheek, immediately cooling and healing the welt starting to form there. She stood back then and looked between Findé and Céde. "No more hitting. No sorcery. Let's just talk."

Deciding she did not actually want to kill Findé, Céde allowed Seren to siphon off the surge of Power. She could not recall ever being slapped before. She also could not name one person she had ever hated. In her anger and frustration, her feelings for the dark-elf Shade Commander were coming awfully close to hate.

When she was sure that Céde was not going to retaliate, Whiskey turned to Findé. "I don't think they can help it. It's not them, but Velith, the life magic in them. They aren't hurting anyone. Can't you let this go, Findé?"

Findé said, "No, Whiskey, I can't." She looked at Céde and said, "You're not in the middle of that, because you have yourself under control. You have got to get your people under control. They can't stop in the middle of a battlefield full of demon hordes to fuck, for Velith's sake!"

Céde felt it best to keep her mouth shut. She had nothing pleasant or even helpful to say. She could barely control her own body. How the Hells was she supposed to help the others keep it together? Seething Power roiled in the middle of her soul, while the rest of her body screamed at her for relief. She gripped the edge of the railing and watched as Moira's unit, minus a man, hung their rings. Her ears twitched and her Power flared when Findé coldly stated, "Eleven minutes, fourteen seconds. Fail. Looks like your squad's running today."

She overheard Whiskey whisper to Findé, "Do you really have to be so mean?"