Bells and Buckets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Guinahart
Guinahart
93 Followers

Findé did not bother to whisper. "I do. If you can't handle it, go home." To the people on the floor she called, "Taziel, you're up."

Any number of expletives and insults ran through Céde's thoughts. As Seren warned, "Céde, it's not worth it," she gripped the rail tighter and ground her teeth.

She watched Moira's team pick up Thomas and carry him to the bench. With someone possibly hurt, the impromptu group-quickie ended abruptly. Kami pulled her tunic back over her head and knelt beside the unconscious man. Each of the Sorcerers had their strengths, and healing was Kami's forte. She placed her palm on his forehead, and released a small amount of her Power, bringing him back around. At which point he pulled her into a kiss that let her and everyone else know that he was all right. Kami looked up at Céde and gave her a small nod, confirming the health of her patient.

She barely nodded back, afraid to move more than that, for she knew her rage had been far beyond what it should be. It was best to be still, to keep hold of the rail until it passed, but in the moment, she was afraid it never would. Whiskey came to her and put a gentle pink hand over her white knuckles. She quietly said, "Findé really does mean well. She only wants you to be safe. Maybe running will help with the um, after effects."

Whiskey's touch and her words were soothing, but Céde's mind and body were fighting. On some level, Céde knew that Findé was right. If the Lord of Hordes returned to rain demons down on them all, they would need not only teamwork, but endurance and self-control. On another level, she wanted to fuck, and if she could not do that, she wanted to rage. She hated that feeling, hated how hard it was to keep herself reined in.

She watched as several of her people tried to return to their previous activities. Kami glanced for a second at Céde's face, then turned back to the group and yelled, "Stop!" Even in the throes of her favorite activity, it was apparent that Kami still knew what was going on.

Céde felt a twinge of pride for her friend, because she understood just exactly how hard it was for her to do that, to control herself and then speak up for the others to do the same. All eyes shifted from Kami up to Céde, and she met every gaze. In that moment, Céde finally made the decision to lead them. She spoke one word, loud enough for them all to hear, "After." Their faces were disappointed, but they dressed themselves, and sat back down on the bench. All of them squirmed and fidgeted in their discomfort, but no one touched anyone else.

Atien announced, "Taziel and I will host. Everybody's welcome. We'll pick up where we left off in our room after this."

When she looked at Findé, the woman did not look at all smug or triumphant. In fact, Céde could have sworn she saw a glimmer of sympathy, but it was gone in an instant. Then her face held no expression whatsoever. The commander only turned back to watch Taziel's team work.

In all that time, the raven remained perched on the rail, still and silent as he watched the proceedings below. Though he said nothing, not even glancing at Céde and Findé, she knew he had been listening. So she felt no need to raise her voice when she said, "Kruptos, after dinner tonight, my people and I will be needing the use of a conference room so we can discuss today's session. Our meeting will be a closed one for Sorcerers only. The commander's presence will not be required."

Even as Kruptos said, "Of course," Céde was already turning away from them. She went back down the stairs to wait with the others for Taziel's team to finish.

When the trials were over, and the wizards released their spells, Findé and Kruptos came back down to the floor with them. "You all did very well, for your first day. I know this is difficult for some of you, maybe for all of you. These games of conjured monsters in a simulation chamber are nothing compared to facing the Lord of Hordes' creatures. I'm going to be tough with you, and you're not going to like it. But you and I don't get a choice in that. I have experience that you don't, and... I want you to live."

Findé fell silent then, and Kruptos spoke. "I'm impressed. Very good work today. Tomorrow's lessons will be in the library where you will begin your studies on demons. The study session will be followed by physical education in this chamber with Findé."

Once Kruptos left, Findé started taking off her leather coat as she approached the bench. She carefully folded the garment and put it down. Then she put a leg up on the bench and started to stretch. "Ten laps around the chamber. Run or jog, no walking. And I suggest you stretch now, if you don't want to hurt later." Céde had not realized that Findé intended to run with them, and it almost made her feel better. Even a few of the Scepters and students joined them.

Then Whiskey fell in step beside Findé and lightened the mood with limericks and jokes. The commander smirked as the pixie danced around her on their run. At the top of her voice, Whiskey chanted in her musical lilt. "There once was an ogre from Lear, whose prowess instilled much fear. He took a lady to dance, but when he dropped his pants, she laughed 'til she shed a tear."

Even in her state of irritation, Céde could not help but laugh at the pixie's antics. As the laps passed beneath her feet, she started to believe that things might not be as bad as she had thought.

Guinahart
Guinahart
93 Followers