Best Friends Girl Ch. 02

Story Info
What happens now? Is Roxy worth it?
7.3k words
4.43
33.3k
21
8

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/05/2022
Created 01/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been just over six months now, since Chris walked out. I would like to say it was for the best and we had worked things out but that would be a lie. Chris had moved back to Florida, he moved in with his mom for a while but then he found a new girl and moved out with her. Roxy his ex girlfriend moved out of the apartment two weeks after Chris had left. I saw her now and then, she worked at the rock place we had all went out to for dinner. It seems like yesterday we were all together in this apartment. But that's how memories are right? We can remember things that happened years ago, just as vivid and just as strong as if they happened just moments ago. I blamed myself a lot for Chris leaving, if I hadn't talked to him about setting himself straight maybe he would of stayed and maybe our friendship wouldn't have fallen apart. But that's a lot of maybe's and I have to deal with the present. My job at the firm had gotten a lot better, so much in fact that I am able to afford to move out and get a better apartment for myself. Maybe this is for the better a fresh start, there it is again that word, maybe. I know there are a few things I must do before I leave though. One of which is to return some of Roxy's things. She had left in such a hurry that she left a lot of stuff. Some of which was Chris's but I could ship those down to him. I could just leave a note at her workplace to come by and pick them up. I know she still has the key, she comes by when she knows I am not home so she can pick up any mail that hasn't been forwarded to her new address yet, but that's about it. No its better to do it in person, leaving a note would probably be as bad as Chris leaving her with just a note for a goodbye.

I picked up the large bag holding the two boxes in it and walked out the door. It was not that long of a walk to her workplace. She should be working it's a Friday night. Slowly I walked down the streets of New York thinking of things I can say, trying to play out the conversation in my head. Before I knew it I was outside of her workplace. Taking a big sigh and shaking my head of any negative thoughts of how this will go down. I walked inside, as usual the girl by the door took my coat and pointed me to a chair or sofa that wasn't taken. I pointed to a chair and table by the window and walked towards it. I scanned the area, no sign of her yet. Taking a seat I saw the band making their final test of the equipment. Hearing local rock talent is quite amusing, you can see their fears, their thoughts and hopes in their eyes. I saw her coming out of the kitchen area. She had not spotted me yet maybe I could get out before she noticed me. I pushed the thought out of my head and stayed where I was. She looked my way and for a second she has the deer in headlights look. I fear for a second she will go back into the kitchen and have someone else wait on me. But then she moves towards me.

"Hey." I say as she sits in the chair opposite me.

"Hey." she replies, her long red hair still as radiant as the first day I saw her. Her eyes not as bright, she was not smiling.

"I came to drop off a few things that you had left." I said breaking the silence. I pushed the bag over to her to which she took a quick glance inside and smiled.

"Oh thanks, I meant to come by and get them but.. you know." she replied which I knew meant she was waiting for the right time.

"Yeah I figured as much. But I didn't want to just leave them behind." I began to say before I realized what I was saying.

"Your moving?" she asked with a very surprised look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm getting a bigger place closer to my job. Its in Manhattan." I said trying not to sound like a total asshole.

"Ah making that big money now huh?" she said with a smile.

"You can say that." I replied looking at the band as they introduced themselves to the crowd.

"Well I wish you luck." she said as she began to stand.

"Hope we can stay in touch." I said knowing what everyone knows. No one really stays in touch slowly the communication slows at first then it just stops.

"Yeah of course." she says with a smile and her head cocked to the side. She begins to turn away.

"Wait." I said shaking my head. She looks back. "Not like this ok?" I say pointing to the chair. She takes a sigh and sits back down. "Not going to do this again, I have done it way too many times." I said shaking my head.

"I know so have I." she said sitting back crossing her arms under her huge chest. Her black shirt did nothing to hide them. We sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity.

"I am not keeping you from working am I?" I asked finally.

"No I just clocked out, waiting on Charlie, to get off so he can drive me home." she said pointing to one of the guys working the soundboard by the stage.

"Ah. I Thought you lived a few blocks from here?" I asked knowing the answer already. In fact she did live just a few blocks away. But it was in a bad neighborhood. It wasn't the worst but definitely not the type you wanted to be walking in alone.

"Yeah." she hesitated. "You want to walk with me?" she asked. I was actually surprised, it wasn't what I expected.

"Sure." I said I had grown accustom the streets of New York. I always thought of it like this, every state has its natural disasters. Florida had its Hurricanes, California had earthquakes and New York had its high crime. Once you thought of it like that, it was almost comforting. We began to walk out and the conversation picked up. She told me about living with her roommate, who she hated but the rent was cheap, she stated how much she hated the fact that the roommate was almost like a low budget prostitute always having different guys every night, they bought her stuff and she slept with them. I talked about my job and how I was being promoted again. I had already seen the two men approaching us from behind and knew that one of them had a gun. But I had not made any sign to her. She gave me a nudge as she had acknowledge them as well. We kept talking as I rounded the up coming corner. I turned around very sharply as they came around I quickly turned and flipped the tables.

"Hi!" I said grabbing the one closest to me and shoved him into the wall. The other pulled out the gun. I smiled. "your friend here, should talk a bit quieter." I launched myself at him shoving the gun out of his hand. "It's not loaded." I said to him.

"But this is." the other one had quickly grabbed Roxy and held a knife to her. But she grabbed his wrist and span it, just like most women in violent cities she had taken self defense classes. He let the knife go and they both ran away. I stood there shaking, my heart was beating a mile a minute. Roxy did not look any better. Kicking the gun down a sewer, I grabbed her hand and ran for it.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I said as we reached a bar that was still open. She nodded and walked inside.

"No you shouldn't have." she said sitting in the nearest seat. I could see she was visibly shaken. It had become instinct. Every time I had been mugged, I always fought it, I had gotten stabbed once and shot at twice. But I still did it.

"Chris told me about the first time." she said as the waitress came by, we ordered two drinks mainly just to take the edge off. Chris and I had not been in New York more than a week before we were mugged at gun point. We gave up all our money and whatever else we had of value on us. I never forgot that feeling of being helpless and lost after it had happened. I swore that night I rather be dead then feel like that again.

"Yeah still bugs me to this day." I replied. She nodded.

"I understand." she said with a smile. "But next time give me a heads up?" we both laughed. The drinks came and we both began to relax a little.

"So how is he doing?" she asked putting her beer down. I knew this was coming.

"Good." I said trying not to answer fully. "Moved out of his mom's" I said nodding my head.

"Found a girl then huh?" she asked. She knew Chris very well. He would never live on his own. I looked up at her. "Take that as a yes." she half smiled. "Good for him." she said looking up at one of the many TV's that were showing sports.

"Well lets get you home." I said taking out my phone. I called the local police station. "Hi. I just heard some shots fired down the block, and heard screeching tires." I said. Roxy smiled as I was putting on a different voice. I was trying my best to sound like Chris, who had always did this when he wanted to go somewhere. I gave the address for a random street corner. They never actually looked into it. They would just would send a patrol car around the block, if they spotted something worth investigating then more would show up. We sat talking about other things that came up, particular her not getting enough hours at work to pay her half of the rent. And a guy she dated that dumped her after finding out that she didn't give blow jobs. It was one of her things, I never asked why or cared. Soon we saw the patrol car make its way past the bar.

"That's our Que" she said as we hurried out the door. As if most of the people in the bar heard us, a lot of people left the money on the table and hurried out the door. Any thieves or muggers for at least four blocks would have seen the car and cleared out for at least a half hour or more. "We can't get to my place, without going back." she said looking back the way we came. Chances were the two had seen where we were heading and were waiting for payback with friends.

"My place?" I asked. She nodded. We hurriedly walked the other way towards my place. Which was a longer walk but much safer. As we got close to the door she reached into her pocket and took out the keys.

"Instinct." she said smiling as she opened the door. Walking in she saw most of the boxes lining the floor.

"Sorry for the mess." I said as she stepped over boxes.

"You said you were moving." she shrugged, as she went into the kitchen. Her phone rang. "Yeah I am ok." she said turning away from me and heading upstairs. "Staying at a friends house till the morning." I heard her say before I heard the door close. It felt good having her here. I turned the kitchen light off and went into my room. I heard her walking around then the shower turned on. Shortly after there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Its open." I said. She opened it and turned the light on. I sat up in bed. "What's up?" she was standing in the door way. With one of my long shirts on and seemed like nothing else.

"In the morning is it alright if Charlie picks me up? It will be early. Don't want to wake you." she said.

"No. I mean yeah sure no bother, I usually wake up early anyway." I said trying not to think of what was under that shirt.

"Thanks." she said as she closed the door. I would lie and say I didn't think about her for the rest of the night, but I won't. Truth is I did not sleep much. Knowing she was alone and only a few feet away, made me think of a lot things, but none of which I acted on. When I heard the front door close, I knew she was gone and it was only then I actually got some sleep. Not a lot though, I went around doing my usual routine, and before long the night events were just a memory.

Work was the usual drag, even though I was moving up the corporate ladder as they would say. It was still a drag. Full of people that I hated, others I tolerated and only a few that I actually got along with. As I looked over some sketches for the next cycle of soda ads, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I picked it up thinking it was one of my co workers asking where we were going for lunch. I was surprised to see a text message from Roxy.

"What do you think?" it said. I scrolled down to the picture. I almost fell out of my chair. She was wearing a black and red mini dress, with the chest cut out just enough to show her ample cleavage. To say it was form fitting was an understatement.

"Wow very nice." was my only reply that I thought would not make me sound to interested.

"Going out clubbing tonight. With Charlie and a few friends. First time I have been out in a long time. Thought I would buy something new." was her reply.

"Well that should turn a few heads lol." I replied. Looking over the picture again.

"Thanks. You should come." she sent back. I hated clubbing more than I hated watching TV.

"Nah. You guys have fun." I replied. I wasn't going to make up a lie to get out of it.

"You owe me for last night. Your coming. Be ready by 10." she said but before I could reply. "End of conversation!" she sent. I put the phone down. How could I argue? I did owe her for putting her in that situation as well as other things. I sighed and thought of things I could wear. Did I mention I hated clubs? The rest of the day went by fast after that. All I could think of was, what to wear? Who was going? How long did I have to go for?

It was moments to 10 when I finally decided on a black shirt that was very tight. I wasn't one of those guys that put those shirts on and had their stomach sticking out. I actually looked good. And black jeans, with black sneakers. Looking in the mirror one more time. I thought I looked pretty damn good. There was a knock on the door, looking over at the time. I realized I had spent more time getting dressed than any guy should. Looking over at my bed there were clothes, that I had tried on and didn't like how they looked spread all over it. I quickly scooped them all up in both hands opened the walk in closet and threw them in. Looking around again making sure there was no other sign that I had been a nervous wreck for the past four hours, satisfied I ran down stairs.

"Hey was beginning to think you were not going to answer." Roxy said. She was wearing the mini dress, the skirt part stopped just about mid thigh, the red stripe ran down the both sides of the black dress. But she was wearing a black blazer over the top but I knew there was a keyhole shaped opening right at chest level. Part of me wished she would keep that blazer on all night, another part wanted to see what was under it.

"Nah was trying to get a few more kills in, on the game." I said lying through my teeth.

"Ah." she said as she walked towards a green sports car. "Charlie is waiting for us." she said. As I turned and locked up.

"Fun." I said as I walked towards the car. She opened the door and got into the back seat. I took a quick glance at her thighs as she Pulled the passenger seat back. Then I got into the front.

"Hey whats up?" Charlie said from the driver's seat. I recognized him from her workplace. Small frame, brown hair, bright blonde highlights. She must have a thing for blonde guys, I thought to myself.

"Hey." I replied as we pulled away. There was another guy in the back seat but didn't get his name over the roaring engine. I had no idea why Charlie was trying to show off, nearly every intersection we had to stop for lights anyway. It was New York hardly anyone bought sport cars. Finally we got to the club and we stepped out. Charlie had them valet park his precious gas guzzler. As we walked in I notice he began talking to the guy from the backseat, they both laughed and giggled.

"Relax." Roxy said from beside me as we entered the club.

"I am." I replied. No I wasn't. Already I was getting the stares from the bouncer as well as other guys inside the club. We all know the stares. The who is he, why is he wearing that. Does he think he is tough or something. Yeah those stares. We found a place to sit that had a good view of the dance floor. It was a nice club I had to admit the bar was lit with bright neon colors, the dance floor was huge and the upstairs level, had a view of everything. The music was loud but it was supposed to be, they didn't want you sitting and talking they wanted you drinking and dancing. Charlie and the other guy joined us shortly. Then two other ladies joined us. I barely heard the conversation but from what I gathered they were friends from the same work place. When they introduced me I lightly shook their hands and smiled.

"Do you dance?" one of the ladies asked. I knew this question was coming and I had practiced the reply countless times.

"He is a great dancer!" Roxy shouted back. Before I could reply.

"Great!" the lady replied taking my hand before I could interject. I shot Roxy a killer stare as we walked towards the dance floor. She was half right. I was good at dancing not great but I could hold my own. Before long I was getting into the groove on the floor and having a great time. The music was just as I liked it loud with heavy beats with some mixing thrown in. We began to walk back to our spot as we had gotten thirsty. Roxy and Charlie were gone and so was the other guy. I made sure to remind myself the next time he came back, I would get his name. The lady I danced with was Corrine, she had a nice ass, which I knew was nice cause it had been rubbing up on me for the last half hour. Long black hair and a cute face. Her husband was working a night shift, so she was taking this time to enjoy herself. I looked over at the dance floor and saw Charlie and Roxy dancing, I had never seen her dance and was amazed, literally, I was staring. She knew how to work her body.

"Wow!" the other lady said. Her name was Yessica she was Latin and had no boyfriend or husband. But from the attitude I heard earlier. It was no wonder she was single. The world revolved around her and she wanted everyone to know it. "White girl has some moves." she said.

"Can say that again." Corrine said. I was glad I wasn't only one staring. No wonder Chris had a hard time in the bed room. I began to think.

"Poor charlie." I said. The two women looked at me.

"Why?" Corrine asked.

"Looks like he bit off more than he can chew." I said as I saw Roxy grinding her firm ass against him. They both still looked at me puzzled. "What?" I asked.

"You do know Charlie is gay right?" Yessica said it was more telling me than asking me. I looked over at Corrine. Who nodded.

"Could of fooled me." I said. The guy had moves of his own. Glad my gaydar didn't work, because I would of sworn from the looks and the way he was dancing he was as straight as an arrow.

"Paul is his boyfriend or husband. However you want to think of it." Yessica said frowning. A guy came up to her and asked her to dance and she walked away.

"Don't mind her." Corrine said. "She acts tough but she is all talk." she laughed. Charlie and Roxy came back to the table.

"Here you guys are, we were looking for you out there." Charlie said. Ok now I can tell. Get a few drinks in him and the speech comes out. I laughed and Corrine hit my leg, she shot me a glance. I stopped right away.

"Come on." Roxy said as her song came on. I recognized it right away. She played the hell out of it everyday when she lived with me. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. She took her blazer off and threw it at Charlie. I instantly stole a glance at her deep cleavage. "Try to keep up." she smiled back at me.

"Do I look like Charlie?" I laughed. We began to dance close with her facing me. I tried not to focus on her chest but it was hard, she lifted one leg and wrapped it around me and fell backwards. I reached forward and grabbed her neck and pulled her back up. She laughed as she slowly span around grinding back on me, I grabbed her waist as she bent over. Damn this was a nice view but I quickly kept my concentration and bumped her forward with my hips she smiled and walked away. Shaking her ass with her hands on her hips. She ran her fingers through her hair biting her lip motioning for me to come closer to her, as I got closer she wrapped both arms around my head and neck, swinging her hips back and forth. She slowly turned facing away from me, her ass rubbing close to my crotch. I suddenly felt another pair of hands around my waist and another body close to mine. Slightly turning I saw Corrine had joined us. The two women danced with me for over an hour, I felt sandwiched between them but I was not complaining. I felt parts of both of them that any man in the building wished they could. After the DJ announced that it was going to be the last song before he was going to do a set of slow songs. We stopped and walked back to the table. I took the chance to go to the bathroom. I opened one of the stalls looking in the mirror, my shirt was soaked as well as my face. I had done my best to keep up with both and it showed. I began to wash my face when I heard some other guys come into the bathroom.

12