All Comments on 'Best Laid Plans of Dragons and Men'

by Oridian

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Wow

I sincerely hope you want to write more of this, because I know there will be plenty that want to read it.

Epic demon btw. Really, really felt like what a true demon should be. Utterly alien and crazy and powerful, while unbound by time. Really neat how it didn't put 2 and 2 together to make 4 because its math doesn't work the same way.

As a personal aside, I definitely want them to explore that conundrum. But that's kind of one of my shticks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
FANTASTIC!!

My gosh this is a good story! The characters all felt very developed, dragons v humans v demons felt balanced (instead of the ‘human so weak’ trope), genuinely humorous and fun events... This had it all! Honestly, I’d love an epilogue or two, if you ever want to explore them and their world more

I’m really happy this story exists. I’m a big mush for realistic, good couples in ahem erotic fiction, but they’re so rare. These two didn’t have any bad moments. I love them!

Hope you write more in the future! You’re very good at it in many ways! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sequel Please?

Extremely well done!

Wildone101Wildone101over 5 years ago
Fanfuckingtastic!!!

5 stars even considering the few minor errors. One glaring oversight, Izzy had to speak an activation word to turn back into a dragon, but she didn't have to do anything other than touch the crystal to turn human. Although this may have been added into the new contract and not mentioned.

Something this good is a rare treat, keep up the great work. If you're interested in having a volunteer editor or even just someone to proofread your work, drop me a line.

OridianOridianover 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Wildone101

@Wildone101 (I'm still new to literotica; not sure if there's a way to directly reply to a comment or tag the commenter?) The "speak-the-magic-keyword-to-become-dragon" vs "one-touch-to-become-human" thing was actually deliberate. The idea being that an activation keyword would rely on human magic, and since Mason had already suspected that in dragon form his magic might not work the same, he deliberately designed/contracted the transformation crystal to instantly activate when a dragon touches it instead of the safer method of relying on a specific keyword. Which then sets up the climax whereby Mason cannot use his summoning circle because of his now different magic, thus Izagor has to do it, demon breaks free, exciting finale, etc.

That all being said, the idea might not have been very clearly conveyed in the story as written, and I do agree that it might have better simplified or removed. Thanks for reading and for the feedback! I'll keep in mind your offer for proofreading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I love this.

I feel like this story was written specifically for me. I love dragons. Ever since I was a kid I've fantasized (non-sexually) about being able to transform into one, so this was right up my alley from square one. Also, when I was a teenager, I had this really vivid dream about two dragons conducting this sensual courtship ritual under moonlight. It wasn't sexy exactly, but it was very beautiful. Ever since then I've wanted to read a romance between two dragons. This is the closest thing to that I've ever found. So thank you for writing this! I enjoyed every moment of it and I would love to read about all the adventures Mason and Izagor have together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!!!

Excellent! Bravo! Well done! Magnificent!

Please tell me you are going to continue this into a series! Please! The human part of this world sounds kinda steampunk with magic. I think you have lots of room to write more here. Hell! I’ll throw out things if you need anything to get the creative juices flowing.

OridianOridianover 5 years agoAuthor
Replying to comments by Anonymous

Thanks to everyone who has read this story, faved, and/or commented. I appreciate the feedback.

@Anonymous user on 02/27/2019

If what you want to read is a romance between two dragons, I've got quite a few other stories of that type coming up for upload. Soon...

@Anonymous user on 02/28/2019

I wasn't planning on continuing this as a series! This was actually supposed to be a one-off story featuring a concept (transformation) that I don't really write about. But since the response has been so positive, I might just have to write more, especially since I do agree there is good potential for further stories.

And yes, if you have any ideas for future stories (related to this one or otherwise) please feel free to suggest them! Preferably as detailed as possible. I do already have some idea of what the next story will look like, but I'm always looking for interesting ideas.

IgneeldragonIgneeldragonabout 5 years ago
Like

I really love it

I hope you can keep on this formula in the next chapter!

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshabout 5 years ago
Izagor

Feel in love with her spirit and life. Great writing. Thanks for posting.

XericXericover 4 years ago
Dragon Magic

You create this world with enjoyable detail, humor, and the results bring me joy. Thank you again.

Absinth3Absinth3over 3 years ago

I have to admit I'm such the cynic... But I just love a happy ending!

Write on!

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 3 years ago

Seriously enjoyed this story, and the follow-up tale, "Newly Laid Plans." Mason and Izzy seem made for each other. Other stories about them would be very welcome indeed.

Besides writing, I've been playing DnD for ages (1977). Silver dragons featured in a couple of campaigns, and their ability to naturally polymorph themselves have led to some interesting adventures, including a half-elven fighter mage falling in love with a young dragoness. Or the human lady bard who met the charming widowed dragon and fell in love. Using magic, she became a silver dragon and the first dragon bard.

Thanks for sharing. 5* And added to favorites. Slainte

KigolKigolalmost 2 years ago

10/10 would recommend

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOridian@Oridian
Dragons. Also, worldbuilding. As well as character development and plot advancement and all that stuff. But mostly it's dragons. I've uploaded more stories to https://oridian.sofurry.com, especially clean dragony stories which won't be appropriate on literotica, and a few lon...