All Comments on 'Best of Friends, Now and Forever Ch. 01-02'

by ZimmMaster

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good start

Can't wait for the next installment.

ACP45ACP45about 12 years ago
Reasonable start

It's a reasonable start for a new story but the chapter was way too short and you really need to keep track of tense. Switching randomly between past and present makes for difficult and annoying reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
editor

you need a editor, you write like you are fron INDIA, by your wording not bad

but it will put some people off.

BainsidheBainsidhealmost 12 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed your story. Very nicely done especially for your first story. I enjoyed the Alice in wonderland reference for the chapter title. I also liked they way that they started out together, it wasn't love at first site, it was more kindred souls. The way you wrote this I can see myself becoming attached to these characters. I look forward to any more chapters or just stories by you. Thank you again.

Bainsidhe

ZimmMasterZimmMasteralmost 12 years agoAuthor

I know this is short. The second part is longer. I just wanted to touch base and see what people think before I put the long stuff in. I am going to get an editor as suggested. I know I need one. I appreciate all the feedback I've recieved so far.

P.S. I want to send a big thank you out to Schuppinzigh for the completion of his Charles and Claire series. I appreciate all the work you have put in over the years. It's been a hell of a ride.

JustForPostingJustForPostingalmost 12 years ago
I most heartily agree

An editor is a must. Your word choices and general phrasing are quite odd, spacing and paragraph construction erratic, and tense switching just wrong.

Also, as has been pointed out, very short paragraphs are quite annoying to most readers.

ZimmMasterZimmMasteralmost 12 years agoAuthor
@ JustForPosting

I know. My editor pointed these things out and gave me suggestions on how to fix them. As for the short paragraphs, if you are referring to the dialogue, I can't help it. Where I live, teachers in Kansas teach us that if you are writing a conversation, rules of a paragraph don't apply. When the person is finished speaking, the paragraph is finished. With my editor's help the next installment is done and submitted. I believe I've addressed the big things and people will enjoy the format better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous