All Comments on 'Better Advice, Better Marriage Ch. 02'

by pjhale121

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
"During your period your body needs a little more rest than usual"

I actually went and checked your bio after I read that, should have known a man would write shit like that, who told you that pile of rubbish? And this chapter doesn't jibe with the previous, it far too quick for her to be jumping in with the blow jobs after being brainwashed for years

TommybowlerTommybowleralmost 9 years ago
Echoes of my relationships

With the mother of my children. The same battle ground but we both lost the war. Your story gives me hope and it's a good read to boot. I hope the story has room to continue.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 9 years ago
Who do you think you're kidding?

This is a poorly disguised attempt to argue that a man has a right to fuck his wife even when she says no. Sorry, snowball, the law's moved on.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 9 years ago
Nice job with ch 2

It looks like she has turned a corner, and he has been waiting for it. I disagree with a previous comment that says it happened to fast. She had promised him this as a way of making up for accusing him of rape in ch 1, when she had set him up for a round of rough and tumble sex. I also disagree with the claim of a thin veil for it being ok to take whatever whenever. Ch 1 was about a wife's attempt to control her husband through denial. That's certainly not the way to a relationship that is a partnership. His taking her was her doing, not his brutishness. She set it all up. I think this story is heading to a place where both couples needs and desires are met, and the pendulum will swing back and forth a bit until they learn how to make that happen. It's a good thing.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
@ Anonymous commenter

My wife says that her body needs more rest during her period. I've heard a few other females say the same thing. I would also assume that to be true also from a logical standpoint.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Okay, I didn't read the story so I'm not commenting on it, nor am I voting.

This is strictly C.C. on your writing ability. First: writing in present tense is clumsy. If you're writing a flash story that takes place in a few minutes it might work but present tense refers to the present.

Second: you need to work on you sentence structure. I read only two paragraphs and had to read a couple sentences over two or three times to figure out what you were saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Complete and utter drivel

And you need an editor. Badly. What really ticked me off was the minute she started equating giving her husband a blowjob with being subservient to him. What a load of crap. Most women would tell you that they feel like they are in total control of their partner when they've got their hand wrapped around a man's cock and dictate the pace. If you're going to make her feel subservient then put this garbage in BDSM and have him tell her what to do. Nothing like a man hating bitch to screw up another woman's marriage. Go back to the drawing board. This was bad.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
eventually

He will go to work* and spend several hours away from her, then he will realize that she is playing a variation of her 'do what I want and get sex' game.

This time the 'do what I want' is forget she tried to ruin his life with a rape accusation made to position her better for a divorce.

*unless they fire him, who would want a rapist working with them?

The women would consider it a hostile environment, the men would fear being tarred with the same brush.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting, but it would take more than a couple of hammers to forget being charged with rape.

Still, as a standalone story, it is a good story about intimacy and the trust and respect it requires.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yeah, we're playing armchair lawyer here

But there IS still the matter of the rape charge against him. Even if she goes to the police and drops the charge, I would imagine the complaint would still be on his record. Even if it isn't, as others pointed out, the police came to his work. That can't be undone.

<P>

Maybe there is someone who has actual law experience in this matter, but, frankly, it doesn't look good and I can't really see a way out of it. The charges may have sounded good at the time you thought of them, but I think you wrote yourself into a corner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

People working out a marriage the way their supposed too...that may be a bit odd in today's world.....I like it though. Are you going any further here or are you ending it...I'm not sure.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
Now...Part 2 was the Romance part....

Now...Part 2 was the Romance part as all marriages should have....But overall a good story...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A little better than the first chapter, . . .

but it really had no place to go but up. Sounds like she still needs to be deprogrammed from the bullshit Mandy has spent years dumping in her brain. The trajectory of this marriage has improved, but there is a whole lot of distrust and insecurity to be overcome.

studyingstudyingalmost 9 years ago
nuanced and insightful

Excellent insight into human behavior, especially those in the so-called Family Law and Social Work field. You keep writing! Many are man-haters who cannot contain their venom but desire to spread it. Women who listen to them frequently regret it. Objectors are those have no deep understanding of human behavior.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 9 years ago
This is fiction... remember? and great fiction at that

emotionally involved readers are best won with emotional writing

not always but mostly true Love is reflected in Love and this is "Loving Wives" No?

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
cop out

rationalization

manipulation of their troubled past

and absolutely no solution to the "Mandy" problem still hanging over their heads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Domestic volence

Sorry to say but (at least in the United States) domestic violence complaints wind up before the States Attorney. Even if he/she does not prosecute they never go away. That complaint will follow Jon until the day he dies. This is epically true when a spouse recants. Often they will threaten the wife with filing a false police report if they refuse to cooperate claiming it was all a misunderstanding.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
A new low in goddamn fucking stupid

It is hard to list how many ways the story fails and how bad this crap is. What makes it even more frustrating is that the premise is actually pretty good. However once again we see an author that develops an interesting plot and refuses to actually delve into its deeper significance.

FOR EXAMPLE -- why does the wife continue to see this marriage counselor which the husband finds so her offensive that he simply cannot tolerate being in the same room / counseling session with that counselor? what could the cunt whore wife possibly hope to accomplish by doing this ?

This is never really explored in the story and given how much trouble the deranged feminist marriage counselor has caused ... it is quite shocking and a serious failure by the author to not explore this subplot to the story.

SECOND-- the rape charge. I don't have a problem with the actual rate charged per se but what is bothersome about it is that after the husband returns 24 hours later from the hotel room ... all seems to be forgiven because the wife decides to suck his dick.

This is the sort of bullshit we typically see in a BAD LW story. We usually see it when the author reveals himself to be a blithering idiot and has no place else to go with the story.

In this case the husband being charged with rape only 48 hours ago decides that all is forgiven because he is getting his dick sucked. The very first thing that that the idiot husband should be thinking is whether not this is another trapped or scheme cooked up by the idiot wife and the the range marriage counselor

Instead he happily accepts whenever sort of stupid explanation the wife comes up with an and never even occurs to him that there might be an ulterior motive. Given the recent rape charge this sort of perspective is absurd and ruins the entire story.

gordo12gordo12almost 9 years ago
An Author With An Original Thought

Great story and if the plot isn't complex enough for some too bad.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

Is this it? Is the Story Finished? He suffers years of manipulation and humiliation at the hands of his stupid confused wife and her crony the useless man hating "counselor". In return he gets while day of blow jobs. Now they are good? Are you kidding me?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I Don't Know

There are several ways to look at this. He could be pissed at his wife for being misled all these years and want to sulk and be bent out of shape or he could take things in stride, encourage her to grasp her new role of actually being his REAL WIFE. She would be forbidden to go back to the dyke counselor.

There definately needs to be another chapter or two to tie up loose ends, such as getting even with the dyke by exposing her as a charlatan that is supposed to help marriages. Another avenue would be for him to take his role a little farther by using a little bondage on his repentant wife, maybe spank that ass a little.

Hell, it's all fantasy anyway........enjoy the ride and make it a better read.

pjhale121pjhale121almost 9 years agoAuthor
Feedback helpful

There is definitely more to this story (drafts for several more chapters exist) and the feedback has been extremely helpful in getting me to see some of my many shortcomings as a writer. I had started to publish chapter 3 but pulled it back realizing it needs to be reworked.

xylem69xylem69almost 9 years ago
I will with hold comment

If the story is not finished I can wait before I comment. From my view you certainly have a lot of loose ends yet. Also according to your bio you have been writing since 2012. While that doesn't make you an old hand at writing you are not a newbie either. Good luck on the remaining chapter(s)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This installment made better sense of the prior one....

....and I felt she did a pretty quick turn-around for someone that has spent years "on the feminist warpath", but liked the more natural accepting attitude about the complimentary but fundamental differences between men and women.

I also felt the last few paragraphs moved into slightly cheesy, as they were so cuddling and understanding of each other.....again, it's the embattled years against the sudden turn and bliss. No man would be quite so easily brought into that, after so long embattled and embittered. No woman I've known makes that transition so easily and so quickly. This series of events would require a pretty dramatic gestalt experience as a mechanism of change.....so, it sounded less realistic there, but I appreciate the intent.

Seems like there should be one or two more chapters. Maybe our counsellor with an WL nazi agenda, needs a gestalt experience. Seems like she's been determined to destroy the institution of marriage. Why? Is she an angry lesbian? Was she traumatized by her parents bad marriage? Was she simply a man-hater....maybe from an early date that went badly? Wouldn't it be neat to see her "come around" to a more complimentary strengths-kind of relationship understanding. Maybe a first-hand "conversion" to great male-female relationships....I hope you finish this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
More???

I liked. Looking for more.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 9 years ago
Hope there's more.

My only quibble so far concerns the turn-around. They have obviously had numerous discussions about hubby's attitudes and behaviors concerning sex. Since her opinions prevailed we can probably assume she was more than a little confident in her convictions. It should take a significant jolt to push her to reconsider, but chap. 1 didn't seem to have any kind of epiphany that might initiate her change of heart. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I hope to see more.

elling50elling50almost 9 years ago
Feminist view on sex

I would believe that a feminist view of sex was womens right to enjoy sex on the same premises as men. Using sex as a leverage in a power play, is not enjoying sex for its own worth. It is more like prostituting herself in her own marriage. I find it hard to believe that a feminist relationship advicer would give such advice. Sex in a relationship should always be enjoyable for both partners and with mutual respct. It can be a give or take, accepting something that is not primarly enjoyable just for the love of the partner. Sometimes one and sometimes the other. And it does not always have to be the male taking the assertive role in a relationship.

I like that this story ios thoughtprovocing and focus on the persons emotions and attitude just as much as on the physical sex acts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great so far but ...

Congrats. Great story. Five out of five. I won't say too much because there are more chapters to come.

I really liked the dialogue between the husband and wife. Plot-wise a militant feminist counselor almost wrecking a marriage is new to me so I enjoyed that. It is sort of cheating without any real cheating happening, if you get what I mean.

As a constructive criticism, the wife's change in attitude seemed to come very quickly, almost two quickly. Yes, the author showed her husband having doubts and her recognizing the conflict between her two opinions. But when a wife reverse course like this after years, it smacks dangerously of male fantasy.

The author could add more tension to the story by the children asking questions about what the parents are going through. But such subplots always have to be handled very delicately.

I found the test to be nice and clean with almost no typos.

Enough comments. I look forward to the next chapter. Cheers Steve

pjhale121pjhale121over 8 years agoAuthor
Comments good and bad appreciated

Thanks to those of you who wrote to encourage me to keep writing and continue the story, even suggesting plot directions you would like to see. Your comments motivate me to continue despite the discouragement that naturally comes from comments that highlight my shortcomings as a writer.

Also, thanks to those of you who wrote those negative comments. I start with an idea and some characters in my mind and hope that I can portray them effectively. It is embarrassing (and a little discouraging) to find out how poorly I’ve been able to render them. However, such negative feedback gives me valuable insight into ideas that work and those that don’t and help me write better.

For my tastes, I find too many *Deceiving* Wives or *Divorcing* Wives stories in this category. So, rather than simply bashing stories that don’t work out like I want them to, or aren’t “believable” viewed through the lens of my life experiences, I resolved to contribute my own story which reflects what I want to see more of in the *Loving* Wives section. This is why I tried (although apparently not very successfully) to write a story about a couple that, though flawed, do still love each other and are willing to forgive even egregious blunders in an attempt to honor their marriage vows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
One extreme to the other

From one female role model to an opposite one. Doesn't he feel a bit dismayed at how compliant she is and how dependent upon other women's opinions? What more might Lynne persuade her into?

Guess she needs some serious (not subversive) help.Maybe psychotherapy, and maybe couples counselling to get the pair of them to open up about their feelings. Let's not stand between the advice industry and an open wallet - we all might get trampled.

gordo12gordo12over 8 years ago
Sadly

The portrait of a woman that is reliant on everyone elses opinion rather than her own mind. You've done well with the story and I'm looking forward to ch 3.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

While the thoughts may be more positive, now it’s “Lynne says” instead of “Mandy says”. Can’t she just think for herself?

There IS a difference between “normal” male dominant behavior and ABUSIVE dominance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
gotta agree with Harry

given the rape charge only 24 hrs ago shouldnt the husband be at least a LITTLE worried that her BJ are some sort of scheme?

and WHY is the wife still seeing this terrible marriage counselor?

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Corruption

The author says one thing and Harry says another, and it becomes gospel. She is not still seeing Mandy! From my reading the person who filed the report was Mandy and I wonder if either Jon or Suzie ever read it, The police called him on his cell, they did not go to his work place. But I agree most people do not worry about the truth!

I would suggest to the author that he run a looser time line.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 8 years ago
First it was...

"Mandy says..." then it was "Lynne says..."

Can't this woman think for herself? She seems TSTL to me. And he is far too forgiving of the way he' been treated, especially with regard to the rape accusation.

norcal62norcal62over 7 years ago
Drop the word "manhood."

Is a prissy term used by uptight writers.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 7 years ago
Confusing Emotions..

This story does touch on areas in a relationship regarding love making and sex.

I have known some women will do most things sexully to get their man to marry them.

Then after the big day and honeymoon period wears off things like BJ, anal are a no go area. As it is to demeaning for her wife will ask, why is the husband using her as an object !

Also some days men or women just want raw sex like quckies, some wifes see this act of aex with little emotion as another act of object using !

IMO, i think the wife needs to understand that her man still desires her for taw sex or love making. When you start putting limits on what you can and not do in a relationship when once there was no just limitions. Then you start building an emtuonal wall between husband and wife. This in the long can lead to resentment and possible divorce, for what, the husband sexually wants his wife and wants to do dorty sexual things to her or with her !

I have often told my wife that when she puts limits on me with her, in rerurn i see her less and less of a physical sex attraction !

This is what she is having to deal with now as I do not want her sexually any more because of her do not do that it is demeaning !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Giving and not taking

Successful marriages are also based on giving and not taking. Keeping your spouse as the priority. Being able to find great pleasure in doing things for the other person. Too many people feel the opposite and that's a big reason for problems. It seems like Sue may be figuring this out.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Young lads

if you even smell anything about feminism, run away. Who knows how much baggage is there. Find a woman who appreciates your treating her like a queen because you want to. Doing that voluntarily for an appreciative woman is a joy. Doing for a woman who demands it is a misery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
feminism lies

sometimes they outright lie. that whole, "men have controlled women for eons" bunk.

it was a segregation of labor. Men hunted and died protecting the tribe. Women did very important homesteading. Cooking, weaving, and collecting essentials. The HARSHER the society, the MORE equal it was. The less dangerous, the more women were segregated into safer positions....because NEWSFLASH: babies are kinda important.

Men DIED because of this simple fact. Died, suffered, killed their emotions. All to protect them babies. So yes, many societies gave men some compensation. If you're going to die for this women on the daily, you do get some authority. I'm sure if it wasn't such a big instinct, men would gladly give women ALL their responsibility back.

Even today's society only harps about the RIGHTS and POWER a man has. Nobody dares mention the accountability. I'm all for it personally. Societies are safe enough. Give women the vote, and FORCE them to sign the draft that men do in order to get financial aid. No free lunches, no 'woman's X' advocacy group. If you have equal rights, any group like that is simply a supremacy group.

And men and women need to learn about their instincts, and NOT through the crack-pot lens of a supremacist/feminist. Men seek youth and health, women seek health and status. It's just written in our DNA. Nothing to be ashamed of. Teach em' young. Women can be career driven, but it won't help her attract a mate. Men can be sensitive pioneers of communication, but it wont attract a mate. Honesty would be nice.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

The wife is a closet submissive... that's why she's been blindly following Mandy's and now Lynne's advice. The husband needs to take full control of their relationship... it's what she's secretly begging for.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Got to agree

With all the comments about Toxic Feminism destroying or preventing normal relationships between men and women.

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotover 2 years ago

It's weird, the sex scenes were hot and very well written but I got too distracted by an internal discussion about if giving oral sex is a submissive or dominant act. On one hand you are neglecting or postponing your own pleasure but on the other you are also in charge of whatever pleasure your partner receives. But then you can give up that control by letting your partner tell you what they want, or especially in the case of blowjobs, have them hold your head or trust their hips to take charge of the depth of penetration and the speed. And another but, the partner giving the blowjob has the ability to hurt and injury you severely if they bite down or moves at the wrong time.

So, in a power dynamics discussion, who really has the power during oral sex, the giver or the receiver? Maybe it's me being a man but I definitely lean towards the giver having most of the power over the outcome.

pjhale121pjhale121over 2 years agoAuthor

Good point, @Randomcarrot, could easily be argued either way as has been in the discussion thread here. The characters here, because he likes it and she doesn't (makes her uncomfortable or whatever) it becomes an act of submission for her to submit to it. But as we see here, when she begins to enjoy pleasing for the benefit of the relationship, then it comes an act of mutual pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Also, can't a rape accusation when there are children living in the house possibly get CPS interested?

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Great story of not listening to someone like Mandy who is a male hater who filed a rape charge that was not a rape and focusing on what her friend Lynne is telling her that communication and submission in a marriage makes the sex side of marriage so much stronger. Well written, well done 5/5

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

"For his part, Jon is a little surprised that he is enjoying forcing himself on her like this. His whole life he has been taught to respect and admire women, to treat them kindly and esteem them."

I'm going to quit reading your story at this point. The two sentences above pretty much ended your story for me. Call me a prude or a relic in the belief that sex is sex and should be a loving and caring act. I guess I am. But gagging and causing someone pain and discomfort is not (at least in my eyes) enjoyable. I assume there are people like that but I am not one of them and don't really enjoy reading about them. I am really surprised that the ratings for this story are so high but to each his own. The points made and the damaged caused by the femi-nazis councilor are well made but I find no love of titillation in the last sex scene. Keep writing as you obviously have some fans out there. I was born in 1943 and obviously raised to respect woman and love your mother. Don't swear in front of women and treat them well because they are mothers, sisters daughters cousins and girl friends and not just something to stick your dick in for your own gratification. No I'm not some holier than thou person everyone else is free with whatever they believe and whatever they want to do with another consenting adult. Enjoy

SmellerSmellerabout 1 year ago

@Randomcarrot

Oral sex is neither submissive nor dominant. It is always the context in which it is given that determines who is submissive and who is dominant. If you give someone oral sex you can edge them on until you allow them to cum which clearly makes you the dominant person in that act. You can also just force your orgasm on the other person if they commit to that. In itself and without especially adding domination or submission into your sex life oral sex is a mutual pleasure. You do it so your partner feels good which in turn makes you feel good.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

At the end she says she "still owes him more blowjobs." 5 seconds after he pointed out that he thought they were done with the sex rewards things. She's still not there yet but she's trying. :)

Sex in a relationship should never be transactional. It should be shared because you want to give your partner pleasure; not because you feel like you owe them something. If you lose sight of that, it's easy to end up in a situation like they were in the first chapter, and worse, it makes it easy for people like Mandy to interfere and potentially ruin things.

I also don't get the whole "blowjobs being viewed as demeaning" thing, or even having someone cum on you as being demeaning. It shouldn't be about the acts themselves but rather the attitude of those involved. You should be free to share whatever sexual activities you want with another consenting adult(s) without having to feel like you're being demeaned or judged in some way. How are we still not past this as a society?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous