All Comments on 'Better Advice, Better Marriage Ch. 05'

by pjhale121

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Better Advice, Better Marriage

Too bad it wasn't a better story. Just more of the same old boring tripe. Don't quit your job as a women's advice column writer.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 8 years ago
Actually thought the last chapter was the end.

This continuation makes me think we are approaching a scenario where we explore Susan's growing appreciation of the female sex in a three-way with Lynne as a 'reward' for all of her good advice .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3*s

Unnecessary to gild the Lily .

Pjhale121 why the 5th chapter ?! The story ended already ,point was made !! Gave you 3*s, but seriously am thinking of not reading any more about "Better Advice, Better Marriage". There is no conflict between the two characters .

This was just a stroke story . Which is okay . Should have been a separate , flash story.

A better idea is a story about Mandy . How she ruins people who listen to her . How her rigid fanatic beliefs destroyed her profession . Maybe even something about her salvation .

Looking for something new from you pjhale121 .

I'm still smiling as

AMerryman

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 8 years ago
just ignore those Heathens

They don't understand the story you are actually telling, and it is wonderful.

In case you missed the point of this story - it is the story of their Recovery from a divided state back to a MENTAL state of unreserved joinedness, and as such it is a TRUE Romance in the fullest sense possible.

Both partners are going through the stages of changing both of their mental attitudes, behaviors, and emotional responses to one another. If you know ANYTHING about such matters...such paths are NEVER completely smooth nor without bumps and setbacks. The true measures of their growing trust and commitment to be open and honest with one another - and themselves - (for a change) comes when they arrive at those setback points and how they find ways to overcome them together.

If you are just looking for a stroke story, then this is not your cup of tea. If you are looking for a true romance story, then this IS your cup of tea. ...and as for categories - what could be more Loving Wives than a wife rekindling the romance of her relationship with her husband - on ALL levels, after having someone else trying to sabotage it for a long time? If you don't like or appreciate that, well, you know where the exit doors are, don't let them hit you in the ass on the way out, fools!

elling50elling50over 8 years ago
Lovly

A nice lovly love story.

jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanover 8 years ago

I am really enjoying the story. I do have a small request to make if it's not too much trouble. Could you at some point include more scenes of the couple's interaction when they are not having sex bet shows his deferment to her as an equal in their relationship. You are doing a fantastic job of describing her thoughts and feelings. His dialogue shows that he still respects her and considers her an equal. I think it would add to the story if we see some actions from him outside of the bedroom that shows his respect for her as a life partner. I am a fan of strong, independent I'm a women and I know that woman who is tough as nails and independent as fuck can still be submissive in the bedroom. Just a suggestion that I feel would add to the story. I'm really enjoying your writing and eagerly await the next chapter.

pjhale121pjhale121over 8 years agoAuthor
A possibility

@studebakerhawk – That is an interesting thought and one I had considered. Maybe a future chapter will include that idea.

pjhale121pjhale121over 8 years agoAuthor
Story direction

@AMerryman – You are correct to seriously consider reading no more of “Better Advice, Better Marriage” as you are likely to continue to be frustrated. You have a good suggestion here: The story of Mandy and her ruination or salvation is probably a better story than the one I’ve written. And probably should be tackled by a better writer than I am. What interests me and the story that I actually have written (couple more chapters are coming) is more about Sue and Jon and their escapades as a couple healing their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So some sex and not much else.

Both of them are still fighting their basic instincts in regards to their marriage. She can't seem to think for herself and calls her new marriage counselor Lynn for help with the boring movie. And she STILL thinks she's being used or debased when she's doing sexual things for her husband. She smacks him in the arm to draw his attention to the fact that she thinks he's being disrespectful when she points out the giant boobs on one of the actresses in the movie. And he has a snide comeback all set to go. His first thought is that she's "baiting a trap" for him. And these are supposed to be people that are in love and reestablishing their marriage? I just don't see it. They're both fighting against themselves and what they really feel. They're trying to not piss the other one off. Even after the mediocre sex, at the very end, she refers to their couplings as "what he just put her through". Like she considered it an imposition. This simply doesn't seem like a couple that is going to stay together. Their core beliefs are just diametrically opposed. This is a train wreck looking for a place to happen. You can't possible have more chapters to this mess, unless you're just going to have a couple more "suck and fuck" chapters like this where they struggle and fail to reach the same page with their marriage. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Erotic story...NO!

If you meant this to be an erotic and sexy story, you failed miserably. You'll never be a writer of erotic stories...Give up publishing erotic stories until you learn how to write them...if ever. This is a sorry 1* story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep Going

Always the negative critics. Ignore them and keep expanding this story. I enjoyed it. Not quite a 5 but close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
AMERRYMAN THANKS YOU

Your advice is good . To many things occur in reality that are seriously frustrating .

I will disagree with you on one point .

Possibly not now ,but someday you will post about Mandy . The character just has too many possibilities to forget .

I look forward to your next story, good luck!!

Amn

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
The issues that turned their marriage to crap in the first place remain

All they're doing is distracting themselves with sex. And not very interesting sex at that.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Mostly fluff(as in porn studios)

It is tough to get rid of reflexes verbal and physical. In both the last chapters I got the strong feeling that the world would be better is she were exchanged for Lynn. At least she did not demand a road map in her most recent consultation. Perhaps she is improving. Outside the vision of the Author I can not really see this happening.

coffeekid63coffeekid63over 8 years ago
I really been enjoying it

I've been enjoying your story very much. You see little snippets of were this couple came from through out their interaction. Haveing read all of the chapters I understand their relationship and the fact that she is making up for past wrongs and lost time. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm enjoying the references to the complete and mutual giving and taking....

....in this "new" relationship....I believe she is finally acknowledging and accepting the equal but different and complimentary roles men and women play in the dance called marriage.

There's scene in a movie about a Scot and his wife on a hill. He's out there contemplating the world and she approaches from below, they talk, them she gets up in his grill, pulls open his pants and sits on his cock....taking what she wants when the desire takes her.

This is the scene we never see play out in these stories. He takes her, she gives herself to him, she entices him...blah, blah, blah.

So I like it a lot that you've captured that notion, while, sadly, she continues to cope with the WL lies that set them up for failure in the first place.

It may be a male flaw, but I've never been able to listen to any of the rhetoric and understand how anybody could buy into all the phony bullshit in't. It sounds vastly unnatural and inhumane to me. Why should a woman deny being a woman, in her fullness, with all that it entails and brings to her, for some false econo-political, class-struggle bullshit that is mostly promulgated by sexually bent man-haters...and their proto-sexual sycophants. Apologies to the lgbt group, but I quietly and firmly disagree with you all.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 7 years ago
Approaching Issue's in a Marriage

A very good and interesting read. I am sure many off is can relate to some elements in the story.

For me I would love to have my wife any time any where ( as long as it does not cuase any public decency laws ) however she has different opinion.

That i am just using her, pawing at her, wait till bed time, etc etc.

It is like she believes grown asults just do not those kind of things, only teenagers.

This has been a cause of many arguments and now I am just not interested in her sexually. She has killed my desire, lust, admiration of her as a desirable woman.

This of cause leads to a lot more offer problems !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
DIVORCE HER!

I would packed my stuff and left soon after this shit started. Anyone with an ounce of brains should of been able to figure out what the counselor was doing.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
Ended kind of suddenly, ...

...didn't it?

pjhale121pjhale121almost 6 years agoAuthor
Agreed. Abrupt ending

@ojalalala. Yes, it did end abruptly. This chapter was never intended to be the conclusion and, in fact, a couple more chapters have been written for several years. Feedback on the first several chapters, however, made me realize that they would not be well received as originally envisioned – taking the characters in a direction that many commenters would not appreciate. Having a full-time job and a family and a life that allows me little spare time means that the re-write of those chapters remains incomplete. Sorry to disappoint.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

It was an interesting series, seeing him train the feminism out of her, so that she learned to be a decent wife. I liked her realising that sex should be about giving pleasure to your partner and that all that fighting for dominance stuff was just bullshit.

I would have liked to have read about Mandy's life being ruined, she deserved it for putting them through 2 years of misery.

After reading the last comment, I'm really curious to know what direction the author had in mind for the end of the story. I was wondering if Lynne might get involved in a threesome... there was plenty of foreshadowing for it. Sue's budding curiosity about women's bodies in this chapter, the talk of girl on girl action when she took photos of Mandy, Lynne being grateful to Jon for helping her daughter and the hints she's strongly attracted to him...

mannchaamannchaaabout 4 years ago

Fuck this is so good :) definetly need lots of follow upps ;)

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Pretty good

Series turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would after the first chapter. I enjoyed it.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Good ending to a pretty good story. Pretty iffy at first I'll admit but improved. I have two minor complaints, the ending itself being pretty abrupt though you explain that in the comments and Mandy. Mandy I think could have had a whole chapter or even story dedicated to her, why she is such a man hating bitch and possibly some redemption of her own (heck I was half expected the husband and wife to seduce her with how towards the end Sue was seeing how Jon saw women attractive). Sucks you haven't posted any new stories in years, pretty darn good author.

pjhale121pjhale121almost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comment, FlynnTaggart. I am sorry this series "ended" abruptly. In truth, it really didn't end here and other follow-ups have been partially written but I've never found the time to complete them up to "postable quality." I fear the backlash. As someone had noted, my characters have painted themselves into a bit of a corner from where I expected the story to go and I've had trouble reconciling all that in a coherent manner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really was a feel good ending to what could have been a dumpster fire divorce. Thank you ~ sometimes it's good to see things 'working out'!

pjhale121pjhale121over 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, @Anonymous. I also tend to seek out stories where they work it out rather than just giving up hope and being nasty to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When will John fuck Lynne? It's time not only for her children, but also for her to feel a good man.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Wow this series is well written, with a believable storyline and great characters. The only downside to this story is that it ended. I for one would love to read more chapters. pjhale121, you have a winner here. This the best loving wife story I have ever read on this site, and I have read a lot.

Hands down a 5-star story, if I could, I would give it a 10. It would have been nice to see Mandy get her punishment for what she has done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Two things are needed to finish the story:

Mandy in jail and stripped from her professional license.

Lynne becomes the second wife, and her children are happy with a new father and two moms.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Honestly, considering what website this is, I can't believe I'm saying this - too much boringly written sex scenes, not enough plot. I really liked the angle you were going with the crappy marriage counselor but that plot didn't go anywhere in the last 2 chapters and it looks like the story is dead. Kind of wish I hadn't read it lol.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I agree with anonymous (8 months ago) although I'm not 100% on the Lynne thing, I wouldn't be against it if it becomes a true throuple. Imagine Mandy's reaction to that when Sue tells her that not only did she end up saving their marriage in the end and making them stronger, but Sue introduced a second wife to theirs and Jon revels in fucking them both senseless and dominating them whenever he wants - and they both fucking love submitting to himself and being used as his personal 3-hole sluts anytime, anywhere. She would have a fucking mental breakdown. Also, I'd like to have seen Allison informed of what Mandy was doing by her husband, they reconcile, and they get revenge on her. Mandy then, after losing everything and in a cruel twist of fate, ends up having to whore to make ends meet. That would be good karmic justice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous