All Comments on 'Between the Were Wars Ch. 01'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I don't know who shot Daria, ....

Nor do I know if she was deliberately targeted, or just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But I have to admit, I hate seeing young love nipped in the bud, and I don't think anyone can survive that kind of a head shot. Poor Joe - how awful to see the one you love murdered like that. Seems like more lives will be lost - enemies are circling around Renee and Robert and their allies - other wolves, drug cartels, oh my. Intrigued by the start of this story.

Love2ReadLitLove2ReadLitabout 8 years ago

Whomever shot Daria is going to be on the receiving end of a rogue. This is not going to end well for them. Presuming they came unprepared. You have an affinity for cliffhangers and close recoveries, but coming back after a shot like that is not realistic. Can the extreme cliffhangers take a break next chapter? Your writing has enough drama already to keep the reader interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA were looking for answers to plug up leaks as to how Juan went down and they had already knew who in the DEA was dirty. If Juan was smart and destroyed his surveillance there is no evidence proving the Gila pack robbed him. Both Pacific and Gulf cartels know who took the money. Hopefully Enrique can figure that out before the CIA comes in. Hopefully the CIA will figure out that with the Packs back on their land the cartels are restricted to where they can move. There is no longer a need for a third operation. Or Enrique can pick up that the CIA is onto them before it's too late.

The younger Diggs is as good as dead. Probably by Robert's bite if the council doesn't sentence him outright. You've a common theme that anyone (human or were) who acts solely for personal gain dies trying. And Robert is not going to let Renee get into a challenge circle.

I'm hoping the title refers to a war between weres and not military. Renee gives birth during what is portrayed as a peaceful time and if the military were to get involved again there would almost certainly be fighting in the next four months.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can't you cut them a break?

I feel so bad that it is one thing after another!! Even though that one FBI agent is crooked, I hope she finds out who she is working for and can do them a dirty. Or maybe it would be better if she were taken out, so the cartel does not have federal protection.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 8 years ago

Not surprised how that ended. It seems that new mates always have something that goes wrong.

magevmagevabout 8 years ago
Why oh why

You are a great writer and storyteller, but why oh why do you have to keep doing bad things to your characters??? And not just bad in the sense that they suffer but win at the end - you keep killing them off!!! Do you really need so much irreversible damage :(? I keep reading because your stories are gripping, but my heart breaks so often :(. I am still hoping for a happy ending and for Renee&Co kicking a lot of ass, but it is hard to think of something as a happy ending when there are so many good guys dead :(...

partwolfpartwolfabout 8 years agoAuthor
I'm sorry I let you get invested in a character

just to kill it off, but there is a method to my madness. Just as Gary's death triggered future events, Daria's loss will be a turning point. To what you will have to wait and see.

War has casualties, and change is not without a price.

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyover 7 years ago

Your stories are skillfully woven.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

I understand but damn she didn't have to die.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

I agree with the earlier comments and also your answer, unfortunately. Great start, so many threads.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bad things happen to good people. Fact of life.

5* all chapters, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2311 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES