All Comments on 'Between Two Friends'

by Ghostwalker

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
JayDiverJayDiverabout 6 years ago
Avoid the cliff.

I was really enjoying your story and was ready to mark it a five star. Until I almost ran off the end of the cliff, well really the end of your story. In two paragraphs in the little bit of dialogue the story changed 180° and ended. With virtually no explanation the romance evaporated into mist and was gone. Romance stories don't all have to and with happily ever after, but it's better if there's something more than mist. Keep writing I really was enjoying the story. Four-star.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
Too Young

I remember a song from my youth: "They Tried to Tell Us We're Too Young" sung by Nat King Cole. It fits this story very well although in the song the young people did stay together and survived being young and immature and the last line is "...we were not too young at all." The point is that people of that age are too young in the sense that there are undoubtedly going to to be significant changes in their likes, dislikes and personalities. Sometimes it all goes smoothly and people mature in parallel, but often they don't. The trick is to recognize when you're going to diverge and either bring it back together or break it off. King Cole's couple stayed in parallel and the protagonists in this story didn't. Fortunately they recognized the divergence and moved on. I don't think the ending was too abrupt; it was sort of inevitable. He wanted to stay in his small town, home town. She wanted to move into different worlds and it became obvious they had to part. After that decision was made there was no need to battle with the story line. Well done 4*

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017about 6 years ago
Thank You

Thank You for sharing, and all you have put into this , I am sorry for your loss.

North Pacific

BakedTomatoBakedTomatoabout 6 years ago
You made a man cry.

I love and hate this story at the same time. I was getting off until the last two paragraphs and then i was depressed. This is the only story that has ever made me cry, let alone an EROTIC story. It was the last sentence that really got me though, that was it. Yeah it really fucked me up. I'm sorry that she's gone, but i guess 'tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

AWAKADSAWAKADSabout 6 years ago
Lovers do not imply Love

With all due respect, this submission should have been in the Erotic Couplings category. Not once did ‘Ty’ nor you utter the word Love. Can lust with no love be classified as romance?

It is in fact a sad tale, because you wittingly sacrificed more than three years of your precious life being in an exclusive intimate relationship with another immature person.

Not to sully your fond, perhaps bitter sweet, memories of ‘Ty’ or even demean her integrity, but there may be a little more behind the single most traumatic sexual experience she endured. Your description of her exhibitionist actions and mannerism raises red flags, even in a ‘best friend’ scenario. ‘Innocent’ flirting is still sexual innuendo and can expose a girl to uncontrollable situations. May she rest in peace.

But, NO is still NO in any language.

GhostwalkerGhostwalkerabout 6 years agoAuthor
To AWAKADS

I beg to differ with your comment. This story is exactly where it belongs. You seem to believe that people can't be in love without saying the words. The word 'LOVE' is used way too frequently in a multiple of situations (ie: I love my house, I love my job, I love what was made for dinner, etc). Love, at least true love, is something that is shown rather than simply said. It is shown in the little things you do for, and with, each other on a daily basis.

According to your comment I wasted three years with Ty and that we were immature in doing so. By that definition EVERY couple who has spent time in an exclusive relation, whether in or out of marriage, and then had it end was immature. Consider that?

Finally, during our three years together 'Ty' and I talked a great deal. She admitted, and I inferred this, that she had wanted our relationship to become more for a long time. She had seduced me many times, in her mind, over the years and that was what ultimately led her to the things she did. By your commet that 'there may be a little more behind the single most traumatic sexual experience she endured' you seem to be inferring that she was lying about those events. I can assure you that she was not. There was far more evidence regarding the event that what I wrote.

Finally, I might suggest that before you decide to post such comments regarding a TRUE story you write and post a story yourself instead of acting as an 'armchair critic'.

~Ghostwalker~

ZAWonderBoyZAWonderBoyover 5 years ago
my least fav story

The last major sex scene was a huge buzz kill. As a rape victim, refering to herself as a slut means her view of herself is skewed and is inconsistent with the rest of her behaviour.

Another peve l have is the speed at which these "best friends" become sexcrazed. And its not just this story, its most of the ones I read. I mean seriously! one moment they are buddies and the next full on lovers. no progression. no fear. nothing. I have a story like this to tell, but boy it does not jump from buddies to lovers in 1 paragraph.

alo0ozalo0ozabout 5 years ago
Didn't like the ending

I know i'm not a psychologist, but i just can't wrap my head around the fact that hoe these two people who love each other can't find a middle ground. They then marry someone else. What a fucking sad ending to a otherwise fantastic story.

Why is this story is in 'Romance" category? there's nothing romantic about this tragic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing!

Ok I Don’t know why this has no comments but dang was this story good! This would easily be on my favorites and a 10/10 from me. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superior writing, exellent romance story

Unlike a lot of stories in this genre, Between Two Friends takes its time developing as a story. It has an excellent plot all the way through, except for the last few paragraphs, where things are tied up rather too quickly. This story is most definitely Romance, not Erotic Couplings; the love of the two main characters for each other comes through over and over again in this all-too-short story.

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago

I was loving the story until the shocking end. Her leaving came out of nowhere. I’m sorry it wasn’t happily ever after for you two

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Real Life Often Hurts

It indeed was a good story with a compelling plot and well developed characters. It ended like a Greek tragedy because the characters were on different life paths. In the long run this was probably for the best for all parties.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but it crashed at the end!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous