All Comments on 'Beware the Roasburies! Pt. 01'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
gotta admit...

...I was kinda hesitant about reading through this first chapter/ However, as I buckled down and kept with it, the character of Graham continued to grow in appeal to me personally. A decent guy I would have liked to have known.

And thank good research, the author didn't engage in the usual irritating anachronisms that are so prevalent in historical fiction.

All in all, this storyline is very promising and I look forward to reading the rest of the story.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Good

So far so good.

Penny is kinda suspicious

Going forward .

winterreisserwinterreisserover 8 years ago
Nice to have a well written story.

As I entitled this, it really is nice to have a story where the reader does not keep falling over the usual run of 'typos' and appalling grammar, or rather a total lack of the basic rules of written English.

It was also pleasant to have a fellow countryman writing and about an era I recognised only too well. So reading the successive chapters should be just as enjoyable, hopefully!

M

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very interesting, well written...

Loving it so far. Sounds like Penny wants a "stealth" engagement, so I figure she has someone, perhaps plural, on the side in Liverpool. Also think "mummy dearest" will step in with a monkey wrench pretty quick. Trouble ahead.

Great story!

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Ouch

The business of not ringing her does not sound good at all and the lack of hymen or blood suggests that she is putting it about...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author didn’t follow up on the allusion to the fact that she did not appear to be a virgin. Mayne this is foreshadowimg?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES