All Comments on 'Beware the Roasburies! Pt. 04'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

Ah yes, but does she come back? There is the title of the story after all and I have a sense of foreboding about the wiles of the overbearing, conniving mother and Penny who may not be finished with him after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Getting better

Graham seems much more settled and focussed now that he has more of a purpose in his life with Connie taking over his heart. As a result, the writing seems now to flow more easily and be less stilted than parts of the earlier chapters.

There's obviously quite some way to go before all the various loose ends are tied up, so I'll be looking for the next chapter with keen anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Intriguing

development with copious positive potential. I must, however, confess to sharing Sidney 43's concern. The one redeeming factor though is that Geoff followed through on his initiative so perhaps there is hope that this time a better resolution will result.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No good deed!

Great story. I hope Graham don't regret not letting Connie reunite with her family when she was really ready. Sometime we all have a tendancy of not letting well enough alone. Connie mentioning her daddy's name the night she was high, might indicate something not right between her and her father.

Dubby49Dubby49over 8 years ago

I did guess the minute Mary said Sandra had left home that she was Connie. Now like the others, I see complications in the relationship once Connie is reunited with her family.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Nice,nice,nice

I cant wait to see the end.

Connie looks like a good girl just like her father and brother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story, so many directions it can go...

I'm assuming the worst of Connie's visit home, for now anyway. The dragon lady will NOT be pleased by any of the current situation. Also, when will we get to see Graham kick the stuffing out of Trevor, Connie's woman-beating loser boyfriend? Surely your readers deserve at least that much?

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Scary

This question of people disappearing is to make us all untrusting.

What can happen to take Connie off the rails? Perhaps a headon collision with

Penny? Lots of interesting moments here.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Superb Read.

Totally enthralled with this story. One of the most engaging (pun intended) and enjoyable that have read on the site. Am hoping for the best with Connie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Coincidence?

I know this is fiction, but I'd like to see a bit more reality. What are the odds he meets up with his ex's sister in the big city? What are the odds he goes to the same restaurant as his ex is having her engagement dinner on the same night?

Now what are odds that both happen? Vanishingly, infinitesimally small.

Still a nice story, so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 stars

An interesting and down to earth story.

As for coincidences remember truth is stranger than fiction. Mymany years have been sprinkled with dozens of meeting familiar people in unfamiliar and distant places.

Many wars have been won or lost by chance.

Micturition. Really?

Why not wee wee, leak, pea, piss, number ones, shake hands with an old friend, point Percy at the porcelain or any of a thousand euphanisms that are well known and accepted for urinating.

Ah well, some people collect stamps, others collect books, I run marathons. I guess Mr Always Raining likes to demonstrate his Sesquipedalian hobby.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...