All Comments on 'Beware the Roasburies! Pt. 07'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bravo

Good job!

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Very Good story!

Enjoyed this...read all chapters through six and just as I finished...here is the final chapter 7...so I did not have to wait. Thanks!

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 8 years ago
Wow!

This is the best story I have read on this site and the only time I have ever been personally affected. Beautifully written with some wry and real English wit. The descriptive detail and characters has resonance for me, even though the action takes place on the wrong side of the Pennines! I was taken back to a time I had almost forgotten and reminded of what 'courting' and 'career development' used to be like. Thank you.

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

Very well written story with a lot of character development and background. A bit long, but very British in all ways and an enjoyable read.

tompo296tompo296over 8 years ago
Thank you

Another superb story well written, full of pathos and emotion. You have a skill of drawing the reader into the stories and, for me, there is an emptiness when the story concludes. I now am looking forward to your next offering

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I could not put it down

When you posted 2 installments on one day (the 5th and 6th if I am not mistaken) and I thought I had missed one chapter, I was quite disappointed.

Thank you so much for sharing the story with us,

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You never disappoint

I have loved every one of your stories and this one was as excellent as the others. I will enjoy rereading it from time to time. Please do keep writing.

Dubby49Dubby49over 8 years ago
Slightly

tame ending, this last part lacking the tension of the previous six. Perhaps, this feeling is because I had to wait 24 hours for this one after reading the previous six at one shot. A fine tale, but Lucy's hatred of Graham has never quite been explained nor why Geoffrey fell in line and tried to help Lucy, even if half-heartedly.

Thanks for the offering and I mean the whole story.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Beautiful

I like your stories so please write more.

Dont wait too long :)

10/10

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Super story 5*

Strange but I thought that Connie did cheat on him with Des as part of the deal her father had made to get her into Uni. again. That would have added some real tension at the end but not a deal breaker as she only did it out of a misguided sense of obligation but maybe not!

Really pleased that he ended up with Penny as it was unrequited love for both of them destroyed by the bitch of a mother. A follow up on them when married would be nice?

You write really well, keep up the good work.

Nathan_BrazilNathan_Brazilover 8 years ago
Enjoyed it very much

Sweet story. 5 stars.

winterreisserwinterreisserover 8 years ago
Nice romance story

It's a good romantic story with a decent amount of narrative detail to keep the readers attention and interest.

What more could one ask for?

Still rather a lot of typos which need clearing away and a big question, among others, why when Penny was supposedly a virgin was Graham so easily able to penetrate her vagina, in fact just to slide in without resistance, as he thought at time?

M

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4 stars

for the whole series. it got kind of boring and complicated when connie showed up at the middle. i was more favorable with the first few chapters because his three female friends, zena, collete, and harriet were more interesting than the roasburie lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

I kind of wish he had found someone who went all in as he did , but Connie came around so it was al good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
insightful

creative development of societal mores (family and class in this one; deformity and reconstruction reality or emergence from amnesia as an adult) in other your stories. also enjoyed your humor.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Enthralling Tale

A well-structured novella full of sudden twists and painful moments. Two doubts still remain Penny's unprotected vagina and Lucy's spontaneous hatred. The details of the living conditions and social interact were fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks very much!

Enjoyed your story, your vocabulary, your grammar, your humor. Captivating, enriching, refreshing, chuckling. A complete pleasure!

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Superb Treat of a Story.

The story is a gem in every respect. It's gradual development of plot and absorbing characters as we get to know them is like unwrapping a Christmas present. Thank you for the enjoyment. Now on your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yes a revisit would be nice post the second wedding

To clarify:

1. Penny's non virginal state when they first made love

2. The role of Martin and Penny in Liverpool when they oh so quickly became a couple and had sexual relations even before he was aware there was a significant problem between them.

3. The father's turnaround in supporting his wife in her nefarious plots.

Also to take forward their relationship and love with some remorse and redemption for Penny who did behave badly towards him for a long period of time.

Excellent story and writing 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why not publish

It's often said good writing can be a work of art and I truly don't believe this belongs on a site like Literotica (no offense mods).

Please consider publishing such a fascinating, humourous and delightful story because you should be recognized for your works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic story

Well written from start to finish... Cried a little at the end when Connie was on her death bed but loved evry thing about it... You really are talented.

tompo296tompo296about 4 years ago
Thank you

During this rather awkward time, I have revisited some of my favourite authors and those stories that I have enjoyed, I really enjoy how in all of your stories how you build the empathy with all the main characters and the sneaky twists you place in your plot lines. Thank you again more power to 'your pen'

gopher25gopher25over 3 years ago
The Truth About Penny

I would rate this entire series as a 4. What is missing is any clear explanation of Penny's actions and motivations throughout. It appears that Graham never figured it out, and the reader is left in the dark as well.

I believe the truth is that Penny did pick up a man during the Christmas party in Liverpool, as she admitted, but she left out a lot. The man was almost certainly Martin Greaves, whom she had gotten to know and like during the term, and she almost certainly had sex with him that night. This explains why Graham found her hymen was not intact when he penetrated her for the first time. She was obviously close to admitting that she had sex with Martin when she thought Graham had cheated on her, but then claimed that nothing had happened when Graham said he had taken his sister to London and had not cheated on Penny. This left Penny in a quandary. She wanted to break off her engagement with Graham, but did not want to lose face. Thus, when Patty and Annette told her about their suspicion that Graham was cheating, she embraced the idea, since it gave her the excuse he needed to break off the engagement. The last thing she wanted was to talk with Graham and take a chance on ruining her excuse.

It's not clear where her engagement to the "Banana Boy" fits in, but perhaps she met him and was enamored with his money. After the engagement party fiasco, he probably dumped her, and she went back to Martin.

When the phony "report" showed up, Penny again desperately wanted to believe it, so as not to lose face, so she purposely didn't read it very carefully. She was probably thinking "Oh, damn" when Graham revealed it as a pack of lies. Fortunately for her, by then it was too late to go back, and everybody just accepted that she had been duped. .

Penny must have felt very smug when she got back together with Graham in the end, at Connie's urging. He never figured out that she had betrayed him on purpose.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Too damn well written and weird not to give full marks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A joy to read a story so meticulously crafted with scholarly vocabulary and syntax.

BTW, I believe the resolution of the grammatical discussion between the lovers occurs when the understood word "is" is added following the last pronoun.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So well overall i can't bear to write my few quibbles.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
902 Followers
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories