Beyond the Were War Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They stopped at the kitchen, then went to the wing where Caleb's room was. Maria became more and more nervous as they went, and Caleb could pick up on it. "What is it, love?"

"It's too much. Too many people, the walls are too close, the rooms feel like they are collapsing on us." Caleb turned around and led her back outside.

"I should have thought about that. After two years locked in a basement, you probably want to see the stars at night. I have the perfect place for you." He led her to the corner of the garden to a pergola, below it four cables suspended a queen size bed covered with pillows, gently rocking in the breeze. "People sometimes use this to nap, but it will be perfect for you. There is an outdoor shower and bathroom right back there, if you start I'll find you some clothes and change the sheets for you."

Maria smiled, this was PERFECT. She entered the bathhouse, taking a hot shower for the first time in years. As she washed the grime off her skin, uncovering the scars and bruises below, she thought back to what Renee had told her. It was time for her to live. Maybe even love. She felt clean and safe again. She dressed in the pajamas that had been left on the table just inside the door and slid on the flip flops with them. By the time she got back out, the bed was ready and she climbed in. It was kind of like a hammock, but she could see the garden and the stars starting to come out in the twilight. Caleb disappeared into the bathhouse and she listened to the sound of his shower. In the distance, a wolf let out a howl, then another answered it. She snuggled down into the covers as her wolf trotted out and laid down under the bed.

She tried to sleep, but her wolf wasn't letting her. Her wolf wanted her mate. "Caleb?" He looked up at her. "Can... can you come up here with me?" She thought he grinned before he jumped up on the bed, starting it to rock. She opened the covers so he could lay down in front of her. Pulling them back up, she hugged his chest and buried her face in the fur on his neck. She quickly fell into a deep sleep.

Cartel Operations Center

New Mexico

"Juan, the preparations have been made. The team will be ready to assault the pack house at noon tomorrow, as scheduled." Ramon was nervous, Juan had been paranoid about a potential traitor in the ranks since their safe house had been raided. He looked like he hadn't slept much.

"Good. I want you to send an emissary to meet with their Alpha at 11 am tomorrow. Give them one chance to hand her over, and if they don't we attack as scheduled. Make sure it is someone we can afford to lose."

Gila Pack House

New Mexico

Anna stood nervously before the door. After failing to catch the car speeding off with her mate, she had returned to the main house and started looking for answers. She asked every Beta she could find for his name, but the answer was the same- it was not their place to tell her. She was not going to let her mate slip through her fingers, though. That was why she was standing here, waiting for the sounds of lovemaking behind the door to end so she could interrupt. She could hear the moans, the screams of ecstasy, the slap of flesh against flesh, and it made her jealous. This was what she had always wanted for herself, someone who would love her like that, who would be made just for her.

She waited silently for half an hour before she heard someone get off the bed and go into the bathroom. Now or never, she thought. She knocked on the door. "Alphas? It's Anna. May I have a quick word with you please?" She waited patiently, and soon there was a click of the door and Renee stood there in a robe. She smelled of sex and sweat and happiness.

"Come on in, Anna. What can we do for you?" Robert walked out of the bathroom, silk boxers on, his strong build making for a dominant display.

"Alphas, I found my mate, but he left before I could see him."

Robert walked over and cupped her face, smiling warmly. "So that was why you were pestering my Betas all night." Anna lowered her head, embarrassed. "I couldn't give you his name for a few reasons. First off, he is involved with us in some very important business and I can't have him distracted or interrupted. Second, he is human."

"You should know that this complicates mating quite a bit. It is very difficult for the wolf to hold back, but we have laws about this," said Renee. "The last human we brought into the Pack was Linda Remington. Andy is a strong wolf, a Beta, yet he still defied Alpha command and mated without permission. He was kicked out of his old Pack for that. I'm sorry, we can't just turn you loose on him."

Anna sighed; everyone knew about Andy and Linda, heck, it was on live TV. Her wolf was impatient, though. "You won't keep him away from me, will you?"

Renee gave her a hug. "Of course not, we just have to take things a lot slower and in a different manner than if he was a wolf. You can't just jump him and take him where he falls, as much as your wolf wants to. You have to get to know him as a person, get him to love you enough to agree to the mating, and the change if he wants that too. It could take months before you are fully mated." Anna started to shake, her wolf did not like the idea of her mate being out there, unmarked and unclaimed, and out of her arms. "We will introduce you the next time he visits. His name is Enrique and he lives near El Paso. You will be allowed to date him if he wishes to do so, but those dates will be supervised discreetly. If you both come to us and ask for permission, we will give it to you, but he also needs to get permission from a human judge. To do so otherwise could expose you to charges of unlawful turning, and that could be a death sentence."

Robert brought them both into his strong arms. "We want this to happen for you, Anna. I command you not to bite or attempt to turn your mate until you have our permission to do so. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Alphas, I understand I cannot bite or attempt to turn my mate without your permission." She hugged them back, her wolf basking in their attention. "When can I meet him?"

Robert stepped back. "We have to get past some things in the next few days before it will be safe to bring him here. If that doesn't work, we will get you to him. We won't stand in the way of you getting to know your mate. He is a good man and a friend to the pack, I would be honored to have him become your mate."

Renee turned and walked her to the door. "Enrique was born in Mexico and emigrated here as a child. His parents are dead, he lives alone in an apartment and works for the Government as a computer expert. He is single and there were no signs he is dating. He's not a fighter in the conventional sense, but in a more modern way he is a strong warrior. Go back to your room and dream about your mate, and figure out how you will handle the whole dating thing."

"Thank you Alpha Renee. Travel safely, and have a good visit with your old Pack."

Renee closed the door and leaned back against it. "They're dropping like flies, aren't they?"

Robert laughed. "Yes, I think we need to get started on a Pack nursery soon. Our twins are just the start of a baby boom." He shucked his boxers and walked to the bathroom. "I need a shower, why don't you join me and I'll get you cleaned up for bed?"

"Why not?" She tossed her robe onto the chair and walked into the shower behind him. He moved back out of the warm spray, allowing her to rinse off. Grabbing a washcloth, he put some of her soap on it- scent free, of course, since Werewolves hated strong smells- and began to wash her back. She quickly relaxed under his caresses as he finished her shoulders and arms and moved down to her legs. She leaned forward, her arms against the front wall, as the cloth worked its way back up to the junction of her legs. She expected him to linger there, but he cleaned it and kept going up. He moved it up her sides to her shoulders again, then back down. When he got to her tender breasts she thought he would linger there, like always, but he moved further down. He let the washcloth drop when her stomach was cleaned, his fingers splayed over the baby bump that was becoming more prominent now. He gently turned her around and sank down to kiss her belly.

"I can't believe how my life has changed, love. I have a mate again, I have babies on the way, my Pack is strong and getting stronger every day. Luna has truly blessed us as second mates." He pressed his cheek against her stomach, his hands wrapping around her waist as he began to cry.

Renee hugged him to her. "Yes, she has. There is a part of me that will forever be empty where he was, but there is another part I didn't know about that is now full with you. My babies gave me a reason not to kill myself, but you have given me a reason to live. I love you, Robert."

She returned the favor, washing him gently, before they returned to the bed. They fell asleep entwined in each other.

El Paso, Texas

Enrique's apartment

The alarm woke him at six. Enrique yawned, his flight had gotten in late last night and by the time he caught up on emails he only had a few hours to sleep. He dressed quickly, work would be veryi important today. Grabbing some chocolate donuts and an energy drink, he heading out to his car and drove to the base.

He played with his badge as he walked into the non-descript building that housed the El Paso Information Center. It was a nervous habit, and he was right to be nervous. If anyone figured out what he was doing, he would be interred at a CIA black site before he could blink. He had too much access to too much information to even go to trial, they'd probably just make him disappear. It didn't matter, though- he was close to getting his revenge, and his new allies were strong enough to take Juan down.

As he sat at his console, he went through the motions of his normal job, occasionally putting in the codes for the searches involving the attack on the Gila pack. He didn't get anything until after nine, but what he got was exactly what he was looking for. He didn't try to sneak anything out, he had a photographic memory and it wasn't like they needed proof. It was better just to move on to other searches for a few minutes before stepping out. "Geoff, I'm going on a caffeine and sugar run. You need anything?" Geoff looked up from his console next to him. "Yeah, get me a cherry Slurpee and a king size Milky Way."

Enrique walked out to his car and drove to the 7-11 on base. In the parking lot, he pulled out a burner phone and texted a single message: "Aunt Mabel is stuck on Highway 60, she will be there about noon."

A minute later came the reply. "Thanks, we'll go pick her up."

He hoped they were ready for what was coming.

Gila Pack House

New Mexico

Robert led the men into the house, their gear in cases and bags with them. The leader of them, a Beta named Will, broke off to go with Robert as the rest were led to their rooms. Renee, Michelle and a dozen other pregnant or unmated women were on their way to Montana. She had gotten a text they were taking off as they returned from the private airport, he was anxious without her but was glad she was out of the danger zone.

When Robert led Will into the conference room with all the Betas, the talking stopped and they all stood while he went to the head of the table. With a nod, they sat down. A map of the territory was spread out on the table. Robert looked each in the eye before speaking. "Are we ready?"

"Yes, Alpha." His long time Beta, Daniel, was in charge of planning. "We identified five different ways that a column of vehicles could reach the house. I have a Beta in charge of each one, and we have been burying explosives and setting up fighting positions in each since last night."

"Surveillance?"

"Each approach has coverage by at least two Pack wolves with rifles, as well as our normal patrols. I have Omegas in surveillance positions providing 360 degree coverage of our territory. As soon as they make a move, we will know about it. I have a reserve force of 50 warriors here at the house ready to move out to meet them now that the Johnson Pack warriors are here. Another 30 are remaining to protect the safe room."

Just then there was a beep from the cellphone in Robert's pocket. Aunt Mabel was coming. "They are coming via Highway 40. They should be here at noon. Load up, we'll figure out where to put everyone when we get to the ambush point."

Robert was almost to the vehicles when he was mind-linked by a sentry at the northern entrance. "Alpha, there is a man here who insists he needs to see you. He said Juan Hernandez sent him with a message for you."

Robert stopped and went back inside. "Fine. Search him for weapons then escort him to my office." He mind linked his personal guard and let them know what was happening. He had to listen to the messenger to avoid tipping them off. He ordered Caleb to move Maria to the ceremonial area out of view of the house, he didn't want them anywhere near when a Cartel guy was here.

It took twenty minutes for the guy to arrive. He looked slick, confident and deadly. "Alpha Hastings, my name is Gabe. May we speak in private?"

"Certainly, right this way." He left the link open to his guards and Betas. They sat in his office, and Robert offered him a whiskey. "What can I do for you?"

"My boss needs your help. He lost something a few days ago and he has information showing you now have it, and he would appreciate getting it back."

"What is it?"

"A woman named Maria. She is very important to him."

"That's not a problem. Come on, we'll go get her." Robert got up and led their way out of the house. He could smell the confusion and panic in Gabe, he really didn't think they would roll over and let him have another wolf. He followed Robert over a small hill, below them was a circle of stones about twenty yards in diameter with sand in the middle. He could see a man and a woman on the far side. As they entered the circle, he recognized Maria. "Maria, do you recognize this guy?"

"Gabe Hernandez, deputy Operations director for the New Mexico sector. Married, two children, lives on Highland Drive in Albequerque. He is responsible for smuggling and distribution activities, but may lose his job soon because of the high capture rate of drugs. He also prefers anal sex, especially when he is choking the woman with a chain." Gabe paled as he looked around, the circle and the area behind him were now full of werewolves and the man next to Maria was boring a hole in his head with his eyes.

"Gabe, Maria is all yours. All you have to do is take her away from her mate, Caleb." At that, Caleb and Maria shifted into their wolves. Gabe tried to turn and run, but Robert grabbed him and tossed him into the middle of the challenge circle. The two wolves circled him, both snarling at him with their hackles up. Caleb rushed him, jumping for his face, and Gabe raised his hands to protect himself. Caleb bit deeply into his left forearm, his momentum spinning him around as he shook until loud snaps indicated his arm was broken. Gabe let out a scream, but it was interrupted when he saw Maria coming at him.

Maria lunged low, her teeth spread wide as she reached his groin. He let out an ungodly wail as her sharp teeth tore at his balls, ripping them from his body. He saw them fall to the sand as her teeth continued to tear at him. His screaming was ended only when Caleb ripped his throat out.

Robert smiled. If they wanted war, he'd give them a WAR.

12