All Comments on 'Big Girls Don't Cry Ch. 02'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago
Bio Mom

You just know that there is a story there. Did pusdo-mom have bio mom killed off?

At the moment they are attempting to find their own equilibrium but after that conversation with 'Dad' I suspect that finding Mom will be something they need to do for some sort of closure. 'Dad' has issues that I think the happy couple will attempt to solve as a legacy for dad.

Perhaps a vist to bio-dads grave. He didn't abandon his son and I think later on some credit needs to be given for that distinction by Darryl who has abandonment issues.

A very intressting and emotionally involved story. Remember that in Britian we have a thing for marrying cousins so this is a very subtle hook.

Also Cyprus? Given there duplicitus nature is that the whole truth for their leaving or is there something more. I also think its implied that Mom will suicide when Dad goes but some clarification would be welcomed.

I love that you are not mearly giving a plot but truly attempting to explore the emotional range and thinking of the characters. This helps bring them to life.

Please continue post haste.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

simply amazing . love this story . hurry with part 3 please . thanks

SwifthawkSwifthawkover 10 years ago
Wow.

beachbum1958, you really connected with me on this story and not the brother/sister thing either. More of the relationship with child and father, as my father is currently dying of COPD. Thanks for sharing this story and now I think I'll give my dad a call..

billyjim55billyjim55over 10 years ago

bum, you hit it out of the park again for me. ty again

TestSubject001TestSubject001over 10 years ago
Another Hit

I don't know how I missed the first chapter, but I am glad I didn't miss this one. Another homerun series from you. One of my top 5 favorite authors on here for sure.

ChasBChasBover 10 years ago

I tend to agree somewhat with mickeymouse that the sibs will try to find Darryl's "real" mother, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. I'd rather read more of their story, and of making a baby and the "grandparents"' reaction to meeting him/her. This is a real soap opera, and I mean that in the best way.

DPheonixDPheonixover 10 years ago

I was a little disappointed by this chapter. The previous chapter had set up a perfectly valid anger at their parents and in this chapter that anger just folded like a paper towel.

I understand that in a situation like what they faced their only option was to just let it go, but it seems like such a waste of a set up when put in story form. I guess I was expecting something completely different for this chapter.

pguild01pguild01over 10 years ago
Excellent Story and Everything Worked Out OK

Love It! Just love it! Can't wait to read your other series.

OleguyOleguyover 10 years ago
You are a gem !

Ok so 'Big Girls Don't Cry/ but I tell you 'Oleguys' can be choked up and affected by a story as good as this.

I do admire your grasp of the incredible affections your protagonists exhibit.

bseeker6969bseeker6969over 10 years ago
Too close to home

You bring out emotions and feelings through your writing that I didn't know I had hidden away in my closet. I know, this is a story, but, when Lena ran to her closet to cry, I was sitting next to her doing the same thing. I never got to say that final goodbye to my dad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ch. 03

you should start a new chapter i bet it would be great

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wow... just WOW!!!

Oh dear God, TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 3 is on the way!

I'm still cleaning it up and proofing, continuity-checking, and generally making sure it fits the standards my editor sets for me, so a couple more days before it gets submitted, then it's in the lap of Lit as to when it actually gets posted...

RigatonyRigatonyover 10 years ago
Real Men (still little boys) Cry

I can't speak for any other men, but I pretty much began leaking from the eyes upon reading about the Fathers condition, and by the end of this chapter, I was flowing retina lubrication pretty freely. Of course, even as I just turned 53, I've always been unashamed to cry, and maybe even enjoy how it makes so many "men" uncomfortable.

Your writing is beautiful. It draws the reader in, and immerses them into the story, as if it was our own. Thank you for sharing your gift with us! Rig-A-Tony

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
what i enjoyed was...

the "either/or" aspect of the story. It truly was a realistic moment that is too often missing in many stories (including your own). In every relationship, taboo or otherwise, there has to be compromise. For Daryl, either be a sister or the wife but not both, is what made me post my 1st comment ever. When I read that, my immediate reaction was: "Finally!"

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Couldn't hold them back

As I write this comment I am doing so through reared blurred eyes. At one time I would not have wept over this story, but the soulmate that I threw away told me it was okay to cry, to let my emotions out. That was over thirty years ago. This story is so full of emotions it is next to impossible not to be moved by it.

goducks1goducks1over 5 years ago
wow!!

just another brilliant chapter! 5 stars. your stories are always fun and sexy to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful! So far so good with this one. Looking forward to so much more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES