All Comments on 'Billionaire and the Sisters Ch. 58'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Something doesn't make sense

How did Myron Tanner know where to be? How did a known fugitive get a rifle powerful enough to shoot 500 feet into the air and cause significant damage to a plane? What kind of training does Tanner have because, I assure you, hitting a target 200+ yards away, in the air no less, moving at 100+ miles per hour is, for all intents and purposes, an impossible shot for all but professional snipers? I get that this is a work of fiction and you can do as you wish but this is straining a bit of credulity. Can't Mark simply offer a $1 million reward leading to Tanner's capture. Tanner becomes an instant lottery ticket. He'll be found inside of an hour.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesabout 7 years ago
Public records are your answer---

All he has to do is inquire about the property - those are public records. As to the rifle; well, that alone is a felony for a felon to be in possession of a firearm. As to what kind? That is quite easy - a 22 rimfire will send a piece of lead well over 500 feet into the air. Make a "finger sized hole" in the wing - that sounds like .338. It could have been nothing larger that a .308. I took only second place in a 1000 yard match with a .308 - five rounds hitting in a five and one-half inch circle. You don't have to be an expert marksman to hit an airplane at 1800 feet. That is why these people have security people around them - to prevent the "outlaws" from hurting them. The police can't surround you ALL the time. Use the 2nd Amendment!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...