All Comments on 'Binding Ashes'

by wetapap

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments (Page 2)
yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Fantastic

I love this story. I cried like a baby. I was very moved. Thank you!

PhotoproffPhotoproffover 10 years ago
And so the wolf head remained intact.

Another story that develops into something other than sex, cheating and lies. If only life could truly be like this story. Don't forget, is is a story, but with love and grace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing!!!

This is the finest story I have ever had the pleasure to read on Lit. Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Choice read!

A very well written and heartfelt story. This is the kind of story that can be read and re-read over and over. Thanks, I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
lovely story

very, very good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

This was wonderful. Just amazing! I am crying, too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Wow. Amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
me too

Everyone else has expressed what I feel about this story. I enjoyed it so much I have read it four times in the last month....and I am seventy three years old. Think about that a minute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
SUCH A MOVING STORY

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO READ IT BUT NOT THE LAST. SUCH A LOVING STORY BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE NO MAKE THAT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT LIVED AT WETAP. THEY LOVED EACH OTHER TO THE END (RICHARD AND MISS AMBER). I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT I WAS SO MOVED BY THIS STORY.

RON

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
damn....

lol idk if its because im high but this might be the best romance story ive read on this site

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW

Dam that is one hell of a story. The best WOW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you...

...That was lovely, truly lovely. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well written

I found this story created emotion in me. To me the sign of a well written story is one that does just that.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Very good story

A well written and crafted story that is an emotional ride to the very end. It is a twist or different approach to Shaw's Pygmalion.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Exceptional

This is a well crafted story that is an emotional ride from beginning to end. It is a variation on Shaw's Pygmalion.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
brilliant

and beautiful

I wish we were able to hear the reason for the name Wetap

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good read

A storyline is always nice, this delivered. Cheers for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Very Well Written

dustyrusty54dustyrusty54over 8 years ago
Well Written But...

I intensely disliked Richard, right from the beginning. Right from the moment where he decided that a woman so down on her luck, that she would perform sexual favors to survive was unworthy of a meal or his attention in any way. It made him seem like an entitled fuckstick. And he did not redeem himself when he judged the shit out of Amber for getting in bed with that one guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you, spell weaver!

Thank you for such a spell-weaving story. The changes in pace and emotions are very effective and certainly kept my attention and brought tears to my eyes. I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A damned good story

And 'different'.

Thank You

HP

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I'll say it again, thank you for a wonderful story. It is a real love story about True Love. Yes, thee were some parts I didn't care for but they were incidental to a fine story. Overall this was a great story. Again thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Almost a cryin' during the read

Great story, well conceived and structured. Had me misty eyed by the end.

firewolf54firewolf54over 8 years ago
fantasic

i so loved this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

Awesome writing with real heart. I brought tears to my eyes.

alo0ozalo0ozalmost 8 years ago
very enjoyable story

It was a pleasure to read this story.

Very well written.

Nicely paced story line.

dylan954dylan954almost 8 years ago
....and again

I cannot say how many times I have read and reread this story. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye and has lost none of is power no matter how many times I read it. I would recommend anybody who has any feelings about life to read and enjoy.

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
I luckily came across this story

Truly a wonderful romance story

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
lovely romance

even better the 2nd time through.

I wish this author would submit more stories.

Anyone have a guess what the username wetapap signifies. It must mean something important to the author since the name of the family residence was wetap, a variation on the username. Unfortunately the author last submitted a story January of 2010, and does not respond to e-mails.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
If you enjoyed this read the next in the series

this is the 1st of 3 in a series written on the theme of wetap. for some unknown reason they are not linked in a box to the right labelled Also In This Series

Wasting Time is next.

The Scrapbook is 3rd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5

Even better the second time. Keep on the good Work.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 7 years ago
You write some amazing first chapters...

...buts seldom finish them off. Thanks for proving that you can finish a story just as well. Thank you for sharing your story with us and I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just one of the best!

Nuff' said.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Excellent

Very good romantic story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Once in a lifetime kind of a Love.. not everyone is so lucky to experience it and keep it.. really loved the story .

rvan7269rvan7269over 7 years ago

Beautifully written, shows great understanding of emotions.

pumpop201pumpop201over 7 years ago
Shame on you.

Shame on you for making a grown man cry. This is, by far, the best romance story I've read on Lit. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Amber was just another slut!

She really didn't want an old man. She just used him for his money. What a slut!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best Story!

Thanks for this story, love can make all things right. This was a wonderful example of love at work.

OldbutbuffOldbutbuffalmost 7 years ago
Never too old

To cry. This is a fantasy and a very well written love story. My eyes are full of tears, thank you.

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 7 years ago

"As the casket was rolled away, her sons were sharing the same thought, 'I know the wood will burn, but I hope the wolf head doesn't melt. It would be so nice centered in the middle of their ashes where mom can continue to hold it, binding dad to her forever."

I think my lovely lady and I will make a change in our final instructions. Thank you for the best story I have read.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 6 years ago
Very well written! One of the best!

What I find so wonderful about this site - finding the diamond stories. The stories that evoke such heartfelt responses (tears, laughs, smiles) that can be seen and are felt. A sincere thank you for writing and sharing. If my comment (which I find NO fault with story or characters) and vote is payment required for reading please consider me paid for your skillful story!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

I've read this story before but it has been years ago. It is still a beautiful story told very well.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Touching

Very moving, excellent character portrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Shooting Football Hoops? lol

Enjoyed it a lot!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Superb

This is a first rate well written story.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 6 years ago
Very Good

Fantastic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just one fault

Why did you not tell us how Wetap got its name?

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
THANK YOU!

A very heartfelt THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A wonderful story. Not many bring a few tears but this story did. Thank you!

loverboy211loverboy211over 4 years ago
Cant be tired of this one

I keep reading this one every yearcand Still feel the same thrill of the first day

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
Timeless romance

It may have written in 2006 but, reading it for the first time in 2020, it has a vibrancy which makes it ageless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You

This is such a beautiful story so very well written Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Made me tear up

I enjoyed reading the story. Very sentimental, and well written. Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
mourning and waiting

Very poignant story, I can understand her her life change after he passed, I feel that every day since my loving wife passed. There is a hole in my life that will never be filled again. Keep on writing, you are very good.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
This is an epic

Great characters and storyline. Very, very good. 5 glad I ran across this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"Miss Amber, a lady never opens a door in front of a gentleman, if she does, she's not a lady. If he doesn't open it for her, she needs to be with someone else because she's not with a gentleman"

I would have punched his lights out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A solid six.

Elit3keraedElit3keraedabout 3 years ago

Well I was just reading this as a backstory for the “do I even have time” story (or whatever it’s called). I didn’t expect to be tearing up at the end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am so glad that I am able to read this story. Its really good and beautiful and romantic story. Definitely a five star rating 🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I cried. Joy fills the heart and you just cry. It’s how everyone dreams true love should be. The story will remain well after the pages close.

Thank you

stewartbstewartbalmost 3 years ago

It's now 2021...and after reading previous comments...this is a love story. Everyone that's been in love can find a piece of him or her self's story in these pages.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wish I could give you more than five star 🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟 rating

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sweet, thank you.

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 2 years ago

One word ....beautiful ! Thank you for writing such a true love story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 2 years ago

OH, WOW

What can I say? This story just floored me, I love it!! I gotta say this story not only tugged at my heart but almost yanked it out of my chest, as well as making me dehydrated from my misting eyes. DAMN!! KUDOS BIG TIME!!

akiratoriyamaakiratoriyamaover 2 years ago

Coming back to this always makes me cry.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

reread for me along with the story about Eathan or Super Dad. real rear jerkers and a solid moral.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I come back to this story every six months or so, it just makes me happy. A true love story. You have to see the warts to appreciate the love.

Thanks for sharing!

DP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a nice fantasy, but still just a fantasy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The opening

'Who cares what nonsense he spouts as long as I get to eat, I'm starving.'

reminded me of what a friend who worked for a while in India told me many years go. In the mornings the morgue crews pulled carts around loading the bodies of those who have expired from starvation during the night. When trying to talk to the poor he said they were so fixated on food they couldn't grasp any thoughts of other things.

I doubt many if any of the readers have ever experienced such hunger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About as perfect as a Romantic story can be.

Those of us who have experienced it our lives can only applaud.

Personally, after 53 years of a perfect romance, I am slobbering in tears as I know the pain Amber felt when Richard died.

If only such perfection could be experienced more than once.

HC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
?

So she would have screwed Roul if not interupted, still betrayed in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to say you got me with this story..fantacy? yes.But very good. I am not into romantic stories at all,but this one hooked me from the start because of your writing ability and realism.I enjoyed it very much,even though it is a romance...4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess I could write a lot of things about how much I enjoyed this story but I won’t. I’ll just say

Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Never got tired of reading it even though I have read it more than ten times over the years. Definitely a five star 🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

No ! You’re crying !! What a beautiful love story. I have to admit, I cried like a baby. The love exhibited by the characters was overwhelming. One of the best, most heart warming stories on this site. Absolutely the easiest

5-😊😊😊😊😊’s ever.❤️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great read every year or so

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

great story, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

thoroughly enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautiful!

DadieODadieO7 months ago

Glad you finished the wetap story!!!

Hugo999Hugo9995 months ago

Great story well told

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It read like a great fairy tale, like Beauty and the Beast or Snow White. Very magical story. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous