All Comments on 'Birding: A Cautionary Tale'

by yowser

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
user110user110almost 10 years ago
it was ok.

the story seems technically sound. i couldn't get engaged though. the whole "i became paralyzed with CONFUSION when sexual situations occurred" is an excuse that only works if one is a VIRGIN... in theory. (i've actually never met anyone who has even heard of that 'problem'.) those tired plopt (i spelled it right) devices stink the story up.

i read a 1st ppov story as if the protagonist was telling the story. you don't HAVE to give an excuse for inaction, but if you do, try to make it plausible. brian didn't stop tess because his thoughts were muddled. he didn't stop her because he wanted her to get him off. who do you think you're lying to? as narrator you kinda have an obligation not to blatantly misrepresent your motivations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This was terrible

My problem was that you made him such an idiotic fool. Could he have had the IQ of a gnat? I'm surprised he could get out of bed in the morning. A ridiculous story.

WriteOnGuyWriteOnGuyalmost 10 years ago
Should be in BDSM

Where was the Loving Wife in this?

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
The loving wife...

Carol, The loving wife, was fucking others at home...that what friend do for each other....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
remember

your now allow to say things that are hurtful even if the story like this was a piece of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Straightforward

A faithless bastard.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 10 years ago
very far fetched

Well written but not plausible in set up. Characters poorly drawn and no one is appealing or at all likable or sympathetic. Hard to read.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 10 years ago
Where is the cautionary part?

The story read like he was set up by his wife to assuage some guilt she had over a past indiscretion. The friends of the wife said Carol wouldn't be too upset considering other things. It also read as if she cancelled at the last minute to purposely put Hubby in a precarious position. The most intimate acts where performed in front of a mirror (that looks as if it were a two-way mirror). They promised not to tell Carol but they took pictures. Maybe it was a stroke story. I just kept waiting for the shoe to fall with Carol catching him with his fingers in the cookie jar, then she would be holding all of the cards. So what was the cautionary part? Maybe don't fuck your wive's friends, but he never got caught. ???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wrong Catagory

This should have been in NonConsent/Reluctance. There was nothing loving about this. This guy was lucky these three crazy women did not kill him. If this had happened to me I would have reported it to the relevant authorities and sued their asses off. I surely would not have touched them afterwards, or maybe I would have played along just to get out of there and away from them.

The story is well written and very vivid, it just was not erotic.

For any women out there, do not try this. Men are very strong and most of us react with extreme violence if we are treated this way.

DWornockDWornockalmost 10 years ago
1*

Just another old folks story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Cute Fiction

DWartNuts is wrong (duh!)

Age is critical in this tale. Doesn't work as a college-age outing. Has to be people with enough history (character and independence) to not reject the idea of violating some (but not all) conventions! But not to be so old that the equipment neither works well nor is the yearning very strong!

I share the concern about the comment that they all knew Sweetie would not be devastated by the events of the weekend. If I were Hubby, I would, upon her return, answer Carol's questions about the weekend with ambiguous answers hinting of unsaid things, leading her into getting more curious. Then, I would ask her about what she might consider the extent of her BFFs' range of possible actions, or what was the most adventuresome gathering they had or reported! I would NOT let Sweetie go to bed thinking it had been just several days trudging around looking at birds! At the very least, I would suggest she call each of them and ask if they got into any mischief, or how thoroughly each was satisfied!

5*

A_BierceA_Bierceover 6 years ago
Now for something completely different

For a journey into the Escheresque world of double standards, reverse the gender of all the participants, but leave the circumstances and events the same and change the dialogue only as much as required to account for the difference between genitalia. Now (using, please, the supplied blue books):

Gauge your own reactions.

Consider the reaction of other members of your own and the opposite gender.

Describe how the story would be incorporated into college gender studies courses.

Be specific and concise, citing accepted, authoritative sources for your suppositions and conclusions.

N.B. If you assume there are more than two opposite genders, skip these questions and give yourself a semester grade of your choosing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryowser@yowser
I am fond of a well-crafted story. My interests are broad spectrum, there is something here for almost everyone. I value writing as a tool of exploration.