Birds of a Feather

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the fu..." he started to say when he realized that the brightly colored cape draped across the boxes of auto parts was empty.

It was a thought he never had the chance to finish as a now capeless Robin dropped down from the overhead railing behind him. Without the advantage of the automatic weapon, the outcome was a forgone conclusion. The overweight, middle-aged crime boss was bat-cuffed and on his knees when the GCPD, which had been pinned down at the front of the building, caught up to him a few minutes later.

-=-=-=-

"I heard about bagging the Slasher over in the park, great work," Detective Renee Montoya, clad in a black sweater and jeans, said to Robin as she stepped from out of the small crowd of uniformed officers. "First that, and now Boss Tripper. What are you trying to do, clean up the city before your partner gets back from the Police Conference in New York?"

"Just keeping busy," Robin grinned as he reattached his cape.

"Busy he says," the dark haired Hispanic woman laughed as she looked again at the young adventurer.

A look that Robin shared as he smiled back at the beautiful woman. Almost ten years older than he was, she was in just as good shape. Better, he mentally corrected himself, when you took in all the curves in the right places.

"Feel like a cup of coffee?" Robin asked as they reached her unmarked car.

The brown eyed Detective had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't just coffee that the Teen Wonder was looking for. She'd seen the expression in his eyes too many times to mistake it for anything else. Renee couldn't have felt more complimented if it had been Batman himself who had asked the question. But even if it had been the Caped Crusader, the answer would've been the same.

"I'm sorry, but I have somewhere I need to be in a little while," she lied, figuring it was an ambiguous enough reply as not to elicit further comment.

"Okay," Robin shrugged, thinking at least he tried.

"I could probably use that cup of coffee," another female voice said, seemingly out of the thin air.

Renee reacted on reflex, her hand darting to the.44 magnum she wore in a vest holster. Her eyes darted right and left, seeing no one who could've said those words.

Robin on the other hand, just lifted his eyes upward into the early morning sky. He had immediately recognized the voice, having heard it only a few hours before.

A red caped form set down in front of the two Gothamites, bringing a broad smile to Robin and a gasp from Renee. Supergirl smiled back at the two of them, used to both reactions from people.

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" the Maid of Might asked, having heard their conversation as she flew overhead.

"No, we were just wrapping things up here," Robin quickly answered, almost totally forgetting the police officer standing next to him.

Renee knew she should've felt insulted, but couldn't fault the dark haired teen. Not much younger than she was, the blonde haired heroine had to be the most impressive woman she had ever seen in her life. What she wouldn't have given for the Girl of Steel to look at her the way she was now looking at the Teen Wonder.

"Detective, I was supposed to meet Bullock downtown to fill out a report," Robin said as he remembered Montoya was there.

"So now it's Detective," Renee wanted to laugh, but instead simply said. "I'll take care of it."

"Thanks."

"If you want to take your bike, I'll just follow you from the air," Supergirl said.

"Okay," Robin agreed, the look on his face suggesting that he would've followed any suggestion she made right now. "I'll try not to go too fast so I don't lose you."

The 'are you kidding' look that Supergirl gave him made him feel a little stupid. Like a girl who could count the craters on the moon was going to lose him in a little late night traffic.

Hopping onto the high-powered cycle, Robin gunned the engine to life and roared down the street, leaving the two women behind. It suddenly occurred to him that, dressed as they were, where was he going to take Supergirl for coffee?

"It was nice meeting you, Detective," Supergirl said to Montoya as she extended her hand, the warmth and softness of which caused the hardened police officer to feel weak in her knees as well as moist between her legs.

The brief press of flesh ended much too soon, and with a casual wave, Supergirl again took flight. This time, she didn't look back.

"Madre Dios," Renee whispered as she watched the blonde beauty disappear in the distance, "eso es una mujer."

Already almost a half dozen blocks away, the Girl of Steel smiled as her super-sensitive hearing caught the Detective's remark. Renne Montoya hadn't been the only one who'd been impressed, she thought as she recalled the fragrance of the Hispanic woman's natural perfume. But that, the Kryptonian mused, was a thought for another night.

-=-=-=-

After riding down a mile of empty streets and closed eateries, Robin finally settled on a small out of the way diner called Roscoe's down by the docks. In the early hours of the morning, it was all but empty, and the owner owed Batman a favor or three. It was common knowledge among the low life that frequented the area that the last two thieves who'd been foolish enough to rob the place had become an item of interest on the Caped Crusader's radar and residents of the Gotham City Tombs less than eight hours after that.

"I hope you don't mind the place," Robin said as they settled into a back booth, away from the windows and any prying eyes that might pass outside of them.

"No, it's lovely," Supergirl grinned as she looked around the run down establishment, thinking that only two weeks ago she'd had tea at the White House.

They spent a few minutes exchanging small talk, seeing what each actually knew about the other. The real people beneath the costumes, and not the public personas that the tabloids wrote about. Robin was surprised to discover that the Girl of Steel was nothing like her more famous cousin whom he had met on several occasions. If Superman was sometimes referred to as the world's biggest boy scout, she would never be mistaken for the female version.

Robin, on the other hand, came across exactly as the Kryptonian had imaged him. A bright, cute young man with a great love of adventure. It remained to be seen how far that spirit might go.

"I wonder where the waitress is," Robin said after they had been waiting more than ten minutes. "It's not like this place is overflowing with business at this time of night."

Curious, the Girl of Steel turned her head in the direction of the bathroom to which the owner, after seeing them to their table, had indicated the waitress had gone. A flash of her X-ray vision brought a wicked smile to Supergirl's face.

In the bathroom, the waitress, a stocky woman in her forties in a curly haired red wig, was certainly taking care of business. Just not the business that the phone booth sized room had been intended for. Down on her knees in the small space between the commode and the sink, the large breasted woman was busy performing oral sex on the diner's nineteen-year-old busboy. Her blouse was open and her bra pulled down, giving the teenager easy access to her mammoth mounds. Supergirl watched for a few seconds as the busboy's cock slid in and out of the older woman's mouth. From the expression on the young man's face, it was obvious he was quite enjoying the experience.

"Roscoe said she'd be coming right out," the worried Teen Wonder said, taking the look of amusement on his guest's face as a negative comment on his choice of locales.

"Oh I'm sure someone will be coming soon enough," Supergirl grinned.

Sure enough, the bathroom door opened a minute later and the waitress emerged from within. She took a moment to check her appearance and straighten out her white and black uniform, quickly closing a middle button that she'd missed. Checking the mirror on the opposite wall, she took care to check the area around her mouth for anything else she might have missed.

"Daisy, customers in the back booth," Roscoe called out from behind the front counter. "They've been waiting almost fifteen minutes!"

"Well let them wait," she called back, "I was taking a break."

Roscoe was tempted to say something about her having been on break half the night, but then thought better of it. Still, if he wasn't fucking her on the side, one of these days she was going to find her fat ass out in the street. If he'd waited a few more seconds before turning his attention back to tomorrow's racing form and saw the busboy sneaking out of the bathroom behind her, that day might be a lot sooner than either of them thought.

Daisy waited until Manuel made it back into the kitchen before heading towards the back booth. Concentrating on getting her order pad out of her apron, she didn't notice who was in the booth until she was just about on top of it.

"What the fuck?" she exclaimed when she saw the colorfully costumed couple sitting there.

"We're coming from a costume party," Robin quickly offered, thinking it was a good excuse to explain their dress.

"And we thought it might be kind of fun to wear the costumes home and... you know," Supergirl added.

"Yeah, right," Daisy replied, thinking that it took all kinds.

"We'll have two coffees," Robin said.

"Do you have any pumpkin pie?" Supergirl asked. "I love pumpkin pie."

"I think we might have some left," Daisy said as she looked to Robin to see if he wanted anything else.

Taking his silence as a no, she slid her pad back into her apron and headed back up to the counter. She had only gone a few steps when Supergirl called out not to forget the whipped cream on that.

"What can I say?" the Maid of Might smiled, turning back to Robin. "We had nothing like that back on Argo City."

"Supergirl, I..."

"Kara."

"What?"

"My name is Kara."

"Dick," Robin said after a moment's hesitation. "Or Richard if you prefer."

"I think you're more like a Dick," Kara decided, "I mean you seem more like a relaxed kind of guy, not really a..."

"That's okay, I've been getting that all my life," Dick smiled, "but that's the name I was born with, so."

"Well, you have to remember that English isn't my native language, so sometimes I say things the wrong way," Kara said to make him feel better, ignoring the fact that not only did she speak perfect English, but twenty-six other Earth languages.

"Here you go," Daisy interrupted as she reappeared with the two coffees and an enormous slice of pie, the latter of which was covered high with whipped cream.

Silence filled the table for the short bit of time it took Kara to devour the large piece of pie. Most women her age worried about everything they ate, afraid that they'd put on a few extra pounds. Thanks to her unique solar powered metabolism, the Kryptonian could clean out the kitchens of a dozen restaurants and not gain an ounce.

"That was really good," she said as she finished the last bite.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," Robin said with a measure of amazement as he stirred some sugar into his coffee and took a taste.

"I guess you're wondering why I came back," the blue dressed woman said as she took a sip of her own drink.

"It did cross my mind."

"Well, I'm not sure exactly how to say it," Kara grinned.

"Why do I find that hard to believe," Dick smiled as he brought his cup to his lips again. "Just say what's ever on your mind."

"You know, I was watching this cute show about Demon Hunters the other night," Kara said, seemingly going off on a tangent, "and one of the characters remarked how fighting evil always made her hungry and horny. Do you ever get that feeling?"

The question caught the Teen Wonder so totally off guard that he almost choked on the coffee, the cup slipping from his gloved hand and falling to the floor. Only Kara's lighting fast reflexes allowed her to catch it before it shattered. Then, just as quickly, she placed it back on the table in front of him.

"Should I take that as a yes?" the blonde girl smiled.

"You could say that," Dick said, trying to regain his composure as he realized that the semi-erection he'd had half the night just went full staff.

"Great, why don't we go then."

"Go?" Dick repeated.

"Well, we've already eaten," Kara laughed.

The dark haired teen's mouth opened, but no words came out. He was totally speechless. Even for someone who previously had sexual encounters with the likes of Catwoman and Batgirl, an offer of the same from a woman even more famous was somewhat of a shock.

"I'll take that as a yes as well," she smiled. "What do you say we get out of here and go some place a little more private."

Robin's fingers fumbled as he quickly produced a few bills from his utility belt, leaving them on the table to pay their tab. With the Teen Wonder in tow, the Maid of Might headed for the door.

Kara passed Daisy on the way and, overhearing an under the breath comment about weirdoes in costumes, The Kryptonian paused just long enough to leave the waitress with a parting comment, motioning at the same time for Dick to go ahead.

Daisy gave the costumed woman a 'what's your problem' look, striking a superior pose as she did.

"I just wanted to tell you that you missed a spot," Kara said with a smile, rubbing away a too-small-to-be-seen spot of white on the older woman's chin.

Daisy turned pale at the thought that she had indeed left behind evidence of her bathroom escapades, and that Roscoe might have seen it as well. The younger blonde then just turned away and with a spring in her step, followed Robin out the door to the still empty street.

-=-=-=-

"Where to?" Robin asked, a look of anticipation on his face as he waited on his cycle.

"Hmmm," Supergirl pondered as she walked over to the curb, thinking that she hardly needed her vision skills to take note of the Teen Wonder's heightened arousal. "What say this time I take the lead and you follow me."

The costumed detective wondered for a moment how she expected him to follow her. After all, it wasn't as if he could watch her in the sky and keep his eyes on the road. The answer quickly came in an impressive, yet casual, display of strength as Kara lifted both Robin and the motorcycle he sat on into the air with a single hand.

"Hold on tight," Supergirl warned him as, with equal ease, she carried both high into the night sky, continuing upward until Robin could see just about the entire city spread out beneath them.

"Wow!", the Gotham native could only say as he looked down.

Of course he'd seen the city from the air before, from planes, helicopters and even a few times from a hang glider, but none compared to this. The rush of wind against his face was exhilarating, echoing the thrill felt swinging among the rooftops and magnifying it a dozen fold.

"Where are we going?" Robin called out as he watched the last of the city recede behind them, to be replaced by endless miles of tree covered hills.

Supergirl answered with a silent smile as she glanced upward in response to his cry. He was going to have to wait until they got where they were going to find out. After all, why spoil the surprise?

With one hand keeping a firm grip on the side of the cycle, Supergirl swung upward and into the passenger seat. She locked her legs under the footrests to keep them airborne, then released her hand. Her movements were so sudden that the Teen Wonder didn't realize she was now behind him until she reached around and wrapped her arms around his waist. Leaning forward, she pressed her pert breasts into the small of his back.

"Mmmmmm," Kara purred into his ear before kissing it, caressing the inner canal with her tongue.

With no need to actually pay attention to where they were going, Robin let his mask fall away, at least figuratively, and once again become Dick Grayson. Enjoying the feel of Kara's body against his, he took in the vast area of stars that, now that they were away from the lights of the city, dotted the night sky. One of those distant pinpoints of light, he knew, was the sun beneath which Kara had been born.

It also occurred to him that, to an onlooker on the ground or perhaps on a passing plane, the two of them resembled a scene out of a favorite childhood film. As much as he had enjoyed the title character of that film, Dick had to say the company of this E.T. was definitely more desirable.

Twenty minutes and a few hundred miles down the coast later, Robin felt the orientation of their makeshift airship change as they began to lose altitude. He glanced back over his shoulder, to be met by a reassuring smile from Kara who directed his attention instead to their destination, now coming into view.

To his surprise, it was far from the technologically advanced hideaway he had envisioned for the Girl of Steel. After all, Batman had the Bat-Cave, filled with the best equipment Wayne Enterprises could buy, and he had heard stories of the wonders of Superman's Fortress of Solitude. It only stood to reason, he thought, for Supergirl to have something similar. Was he ever wrong.

Standing a hundred and eighty feet tall and resting on a small island barely fifty acres wide, the nineteenth century lighthouse looked just about every bit of it's hundred and fifty years. Two miles offshore, it had long ago been converted to automation, but had been leased to the visitor from Krypton for the proverbial dollar a year by a grateful government after she had rescued a damaged nuclear submarine last year.

"You live here?" Dick asked as she set them down in front of the long sealed doorway.

"Disappointed?"

"No, not really," the Teen Wonder replied, not realizing that his pulse rate told more than his words. "It's just not what I expected."

"Well," Kara said as she climbed off the back of the bike and glanced out onto the dark horizon, "when you grow up under a bubble covered rock in the middle of space, breathing recycled air and never able to really find more than a few moment's solitude, you tend to develop a strong appreciation for wide open places."

"I guess I never thought of it that way," Dick said as he climbed off his cycle, remembering what he knew of Supergirl's public history.

"Another thing you learn," she added as she moved closer to him, "is that there's no guarantee that tomorrow is ever going to come. You have to live every day as if it's your last, and take what happiness you can."

With that she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. A kiss that quite literately curled the toes in his little green boots. There was a passion in her lips born of lost hopes, of lives ended much too young, and the need to live her life to the fullest for those friends she'd left behind when Argo City died.

A second kiss preceded an even more passionate third, making Dick feel lightheaded, as if he was floating on air. Opening his eyes, he abruptly realized that was exactly what he was doing. Cradled in Kara's arms, the Teen Wonder rose the height of the towering structure until the two of them came to rest on the small rail encased balcony.

"It never occurred to me to ask them for the key to the front door," Kara grinned as she released her grip around his waist.

Opening one of the large oversized glass panels, the Maid of Might led Dick inside the lighthouse and then down a narrow spiraling metal staircase to a large circular room on the ground level.

The onetime living quarters had long ago been stripped of its original furnishings, but the Gothamite could see where Kara had made a concerted effort to redecorate. It resembled a Spartan college dormitory more than anything else. A small metal framed bed, an old dresser and closet, and a half dozen bookcases filled with tomes on an assortment of subjects.