Blazing Glory Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

********************

Two winged demons crouched in the middle of a massive sand crater in the desert. The chill of the night did not bother them as they went about inspecting the great depression. The red draconic demon's tail swayed side to side as he leaned down to breath in the scent that no other mortal could detect.

"She's been here, no doubt about it!" he growled as his eyes looked to his compatriot. "You go back to tell them that we have finally found Kendra Tansanee and she has been here recently. We should get the search underway immediately."

"I think not, my dark comrades," a dark voice boomed over them. Both demons hissed and drew back as they looked up to the rim of the crater to see a dark figure standing there imposingly. When recognition lighted in their eyes, they froze with fear.

"W-what are you doing here?" hissed the blue snake-headed demon.

"Koas and I have unfinished business with that woman and I am not about to have you bring about interference. I will have my revenge on that wench myself. Your superiors can have what remains left over afterwards!"

With that the figure in the night jumped into the crater towards them. They air was soon filled with terrified screams that were abruptly cut off into bloody gargles. Tossing the bloody corpses aside, the figure turned his gaze to the north. He had made it to the beach and traveled through jungle and grasslands to this place in his pursuit of her. He was getting much closer to her. Soon enough, his claws would be tearing into her flesh....

********************

All five of the group appeared in a flash on top of a small mountain. The night was clear and it was cool. Blaze gripped his stomach slightly still as the nauseating feeling took a while to recover. It had taken him a while to recover as well after Kendra had gotten her hands on him finally. She had kept her word and Rae simply chided him as she healed him once more. Though she had been angry, Kendra was quick to forgive him. Lack of feeding always makes her a little snappy, she confessed. She winked at him and gave him a soft kiss afterwards for an apology.

As they had readied to go out into the desert again in the following days, Kanu interrupted them and said she would be more than happy to teleport them out of the desert and past the massive mountain chain to the north into elven country. After some tearful goodbyes to Hakim and promises to return someday, the group was soon whisked away by the genie's magic to where they stood now.

"Umm, guys?" Nadine said with a trembling voice that drew all of their gazes from where they sat. The lycan was over a ways looking down the side of the small mountain they were on. Her whole body was shaking with fear.

"What? What is it?" Kendra asked and ran to her as the others stood up. Kendra put her hand on Nadine's shoulder and turned her emerald eyes to where Nadine now pointed. The succubus's form froze instantly and seemed to have to hold herself up against the catwoman.

The others swiftly ran over to find out what was wrong and looked down the mountainside. Rae simply gasped as she looked down upon thousands of stars, only these seemingly small stars were campfires of an army that numbered in the hundreds of thousands. They filled the plain below and towards the horizon with their daunting mass. There was a break in the lights to the east of about five miles before more campfires lighted the night. A much smaller army of tens of thousands with its back up against the sea, threatening to be swallowed by the monster coming from the west.

"May the gods the help us," Tyra whispered.

Blaze dropped to his knees with fists clenched and eyes closed tightly. "No," he whispered as tears of frustration wet his cheeks, "they can't....."

They were too late. The war had begun....

******************

A lone figure crouched in the upper branches of the tree on the upper side of the mountain. The figure gazed over the incredible site below of the invading army as it had at various times of the night. A flash drew the figure instantly into a defensive posture. Glancing about, the figure relaxed as soon as it realized there was no immediate danger.

Taking a look around for the source, it soon saw the five figures overlooking it at the top of the mountain. Its golden eyes soon focused on the one figure with brilliant orange hair.

"Well now," she purred softly, "this makes more things interesting..."

1...456789