Blazing Glory Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Mistress of Chaos finally came crashing into the ground, her body skipping and tumbling several times over before it came to a rest after creating a lengthy trench in the ground. Oh by the gods, the pain! Her arms hugged her stomach, legs kicking out wildly in agony as blood burst from her mouth. Her eyes were wide as she tried gasping several time for breath that wouldn't come. Hot flames rushed over her as the demon flew overhead. The goddess choked as the demonic tail coiled about her neck in a crushing grasp. Her body lurched as it was pulled behind the flying demon. Her body bounced and slid against the earth as she was dragged ruthlessly across the valley.

"S-stop," Koas could barely choke out as she pulled against the tail wrapped about her throat. Her words fell on deaf ears as Ragnarok stopped her flight and she whipped around. The tail loosened about the goddess's neck, the force hurling her once more into the air. She coughed as she tumbled through the sky helpless before the sudden impact behind her caused her vision to see stars. The mountain shuddered violently, gigantic boulders crashing down its slope as her body crashed into the peak.

"This power... I can't..." Koas gasped in pained agony, slumping forward as she struggled to grasp at how quickly her fortunes had turned against her. Despite the gods healing at a much higher capacity than normal immortals, her body was having trouble healing the damage done. Never before had she been beaten so savagely. Even the rare fights with other gods had never hurt her this badly. To put her in such a state so quickly left no further doubt this was Ragnorak. A rising scream caused the goddess to raise her head in time to see the demon upon her already!

Hellfire roared in propelling the demon with unfathomable force, the boot drive into Koas' chest. Blood erupted once again from her mouth as the peak of the mountain behind her shattered completely from the force of the kick. The goddess's body began to fall backwards as her vision tunneled immediately as she fought to stay conscious. Was this the end? The goddess had never before considered the possibility that she could come to an end. She had always existed and always would, she had thought. If she died here, what would become of the chaos in the world? Ragnorak's rampage would go unchallenged and the world would be no more.

"NO!!!" Koas shrieked in fury, her vision coming back as she righted herself. Her right fist lashed out to catch the surprised demon off-guard. The air about them shook with the impact as the infuriated goddess put every bit of physical strength in her blow. Ragnarok cried out as she was sent spiraling down thousands of feet to crash into the valley below. Blood dripping from her chin, Koas heaved in rasping breaths as her fury rose. "If there is no world, there will be no more beautiful chaos! There will be only silence. I will not allow it!"

Ragnarok coughed, rubbing her chin. She looked up to the mountain as she goddess screamed her fury. Her green eyes narrowed as Koas extended both her hands toward her. From where she lay, the demon could feel the gathering power concentrating before the goddess. With a furious shout, the goddess unleashed a large column of black fire down toward her. Ragnarok staggered to her feet before she was driven back down to a knee when the column hit her. She grit her teeth as she exerted her own magic force in resistance while the area around her was incinerating quickly from the ferocity of the flames. The flames evaporated about her, leaving her alone in the bottom of a scorched crater.

Koas leaned forward wearily as she looked on in disbelief. She had put so much of her magic's strength into that maelstrom of fire. Yet Ragnarok still lived? Anything else would have been consumed completely by a god's attack containing that much force. The demon rose to her feet and glared up at her as she spat to the side in disgust. The goddess trembled with growing fury at the indignation. Ragnorak raised her hand above her, the black and red flames of raining hellfire about them moved toward the demon, gathering into a swirling ball above her palm. Her face grew paler and eyes wider as the ball of flames grew larger while the flames continued to pour into it. Within moments, the goddess was no longer looking down but directly ahead in shock at the roaring sun before her.

"Truly," Koas whispered, unable to help feeling a moment of awe in her dire predicament while the fireball descended upon her, "You are the destroyer of worlds Odin described."

The flames tore through the mountain, devouring it and everything in its path like a ravenous monster. It left a gaping cavity of where the mountain used to be before continuing on its hungry path, tearing through several mountains of the untamed ragged wilderness beyond Koas's domain. As if it had finally reached its fill, the devouring beast far in the distance exploded. The realm shook violently as the debris cloud rose high into the sky.

Koas trembled on the ridge of the volcano as she watched the finality of Ragnarok's attack. She was fortunate enough that the brightness of the fireball created a great amount of shadows about her. She had slipped into the shadows to flee from the fiery doom descending upon her. She had created Lexiss from herself after all. Looking back at the gaping wound across the land in the path of the fireball convinced her that this was a losing battle. Much to Koas's chagrin, she was forced to admit she could not beat Ragnarok by herself. She had to flee to inform the others gods and gather them for a counter attack.

"There's no escape!" Ragnorak's shout surprised Koas, turning to see the demon as she barreled into her. The goddess choked as the iron grip seized her throat. The force of the demon sent them both tumbling into the volcano's bubbling lava with a fiery splash. The Mistress of Chaos immediately exerted her godly force, creating a bubble about them as the lava swirled around in eagerness to consume.

"W-what are you doing?" Koas choked, grappling at the hand about her throat. "Are you trying to destroy us both?" Fresh tears escaped from the demon's eyes as she tightened her grip.

"A world without him," Ragnarok stated with grieving finality, "is not worth living in..."

The resolve in the demon's expression horrified the dark goddess into struggling all the more violently. Ragnarok truly intended to destroy the both of them. Already weakened significantly from the battle, the force of the volcano's lava pressed further in shrinking the space about them as they plunged deeper into the earth. Glancing around, the goddess saw nothing but the red glow of the lava. In desperation, she had no choice but to give it the idea that came to her try. Concentrating, a small orb of her black fire appeared above them. Her hand clenched, ignited the ball of fire in a small explosion that would barely harm either of them. But in that split moment time, it created a flash brighter than the lava's red glow so that their bodies cast shadows. The goddess slipped them both into those shadows.

Raganorak gasped as she was swallowed by darkness. What was the goddess up to? Surrounded by darkness, she could feel that her body was moving. Her grip tightened on the goddess, refusing to let her escape. Her eyes squinted as light burst into her vision before both their bodies tumbled along the ground. Looking about, she saw they were both back on the valley floor near where a large boulder had landed and cast a shadow on the ground.

"Since you refuse to die," Ragnarok hissed as she rose with the gasping goddess in her hand, "Then I will make you regret that decision." She threw Koas onto the ground before the demonic fire swirled up into the air, coiling into long tentacles. They lashed forward to wrap about the goddess's feet and wrists.

Koas cried in pain as the flames seared her flesh in a never ending back and forth battle with her immortal healing. Try as she might, the demon's powers were somehow suppressing her ability to change into mist. Her body was lifted off the ground by the tendrils of flame, preventing her from reaching any shadow on the ground. She gasped and looked over her shoulder when she felt Ragnarok's hand seize the back of her dress. The fabric of the purple dress ripped from the powerful wrench. Her lavender colored skin was exposed with freed breasts bouncing, the goddess's cheeks burned with both shame and fury.

"Now," Ragnarok hummed in pleasure, the tables turned on the goddess as she raised Koas high in the sky before her. The red leather whip dropped from her sleeve and hellfire gathered to coat its length. "Do scream beautifully for me."

A harsh crack split the air followed by the shriek of the goddess, the flesh on her back torn open. The flames licked at the open wound preventing her body from healing it as the blood leaked out. The demon smirked as she reared back and lashed out once more, the coiled flame snaking about in the air before biting into the flesh of Koas once again. Many more cracking whips followed as Koas was howling in agony. The beautiful flesh of her slender back was now a savaged ruin of ripped, burning flesh.

"Please," Koas sobbed, tears pouring down her cheeks as she could not bear the pain nor the shame any further, "No more... I'm sorry... Please... let me go..."

The demon stopped as she heard those words. Rather than taking pleasure in having finally broken the dark goddess, her shoulders trembled as wrath boiled over. The flaming coils hurled Koas downward. Her naked bloody body crashed into the dirt. Ragnarok's hands rose to grasp at her shaking head.

"You fucking whore... are begging for mercy?" She hissed hatefully. "Like the 'mercy' you gave him? You deserve none! You sicken me by even suggesting that you deserve to live after taking his life! I will finish this now. GET UP AND STAND BEFORE ME!!!"

Koas winced at the furious shriek at the command given to her. Her back was in so much pain as she struggled to push herself off the ground. She had no more power from the ordeal she had been through. She doubted she could even slip into a shadow to escape at this point. With great effort, the naked goddess managed to stagger to her feet, her broken and bloodied body hunched over. Her ragged gaze looked up to Ragnarok.

The demon's green eyes flashed with satisfaction that the time had finally come to rid the realms of this bitch. With a low whistle in the air, she spun the whip about her head as she gathered all of her strength into her arm. Ragnarok reared her arm back one last time before sweeping it across in front of her, intending to split the goddess's head from torso.

Koas watched the weapon arc toward her, unable to defend herself. Realizing these were her final moments, the last strength she had went out of her with her legs. The goddess collapsed to the ground. All sound within the realm was silenced by a deafening crack of thunder from the whip. Koas closed her eyes and covered her ears as she hit the ground. Her ears rang terribly as she felt blood leaking into her hands from them. All she could hear was nothing but her ears ringing, so she opened her eyes. The goddess wished she hadn't.

Having missed her as she fell beneath the killing bow, the power from the strike extended outward with the full force of Ragnarok. The volcano exploded in fury as the mountain was split in half, the force of the strike lifting it away from its base before the mass of earth tumbled forward into the valley below. Koas gave one last sobbing laugh before blacking out. This was truly the end of everything.

Ragnarok growled in frustration at having missed. The earth shuddered violently as the mountain came crashing down. The impact created fissures spreading across the ruined valley. Lava spilled out from the ruined volcano as it erupted in its rage. A groaning crash caused her to turn her head to witness the goddess's castle splitting in half. Debris crashed as it fell into the deep crevasse below as a river of lava filled it. The valley was quickly becoming a splintered, glowing ruin. Her breathing stopped when her gaze left the castle to see Blaze's body sliding into the fiery pits.

"NO!" the demon screamed, the ground behind her rupturing as the flames sent her flying at dizzying speed toward him. His body tilted as it reached the edge of the chasm tumbling over. Her whip lashed out as she flew over the fissure. The red leather snaked about his waist to halt his descent. She gave a hard yank that brought him flying back toward her. His body crashed into hers, Ragnarok's arms wrapping about him as they fell upon the other side of the large crevasse.

********************

Kendra groaned as she lay there upon the ground, her eyes locked on Blaze a few feet away. Her mind felt dazed as the anger faded from her body. What had happened? All she could remember was the last words of the goddess before her vision went white. The succubus looked back up to the sky and gasped. Destructive hellfire rained down as pieces of sky fell away piece by piece.

"Abyss help me," she whispered tearfully, "I lost control of it..."

She turned over and rose to her knees. Her mind was overwhelmed with the senses she was feeling from her unleashed power running wild across the realms. It was as if she was everywhere at once because of her link to its destructive force. Her eyes closed and her sight sped away across the valley to see two drow sprinting down the mountain toward the valley at breakneck speed.

"Kendra!" Rae screamed frantically, her eyes looking about. Tears of desperation and fear flew from her eyes by the rushing air. "Stop! You'll kill us all!"

Rae. I'm so sorry. I can't stop it now...

Kendra's vision blurred as it shot across the massive mountain range before diving into another volcano exploding with fury of the world's end. Inside a giant pormantor crawled across the vast interior cavern of the mountain as a wave of liquid fire gave pursuit. There were figures on its back, she saw as she drew closer. One she recognized was Nadine. The lycan was screaming, beside herself with grief as she clutched frantically at a statue. What was with the stone figure? Wait. Was that?

TYRA! PLEASE GODS, NO!

A wave of new unbearable grief crashed into Kendra's mind as she watched Kali and Evalyn try to console the catwoman. Aurora and Flynn looked on sadly before their gazes looked at the glowing river flowing towards them. They shared an uncomfortable, but knowing look that said it all. Despite the pormantor crawling toward the exit as quickly as it could, it would not be enough. They weren't going to make it.

Kendra cried out, not wanting to lose sight of them as her mind was carried away once more in the current of her power further east across the sea of trees. The raining fire had set much of it ablaze, fires raging out of control as soldiers of the army frantically tried to put out the flames while building barriers of dirt to delay the oncoming flames. Everyone was covered in soot and ash as they continued their retreat. Driven by flames created by the firestorm, they were quickly losing their chance to escape. Queen Roselei held Callista up with her arm about her shoulder. The elven sorceress had exhausted all of her magic it combating the flames. Now with the onrushing inferno, the Queen of Elves stood there holding her friend.

"I will not cower, even now. If it is that time, then let it be so," Roselei whispered. Her expression was stoic as she faced the flames, waiting for death to come.

Please... Stop it...

The fires of the forest were soon left behind as waters surged and roiled about in the Sonel Sea. Kendra nearly went numb from what she saw. A vast maelstrom seemed to be swallowing the entire sea beyond her sight. A gaping maw descended into a black bottomless abyss. The fleet that had rescued them in the war was frantically trying to sail out of the clutches of the current. With such a massive vortex, there was no escaping as they were already within the event horizon of this monster. Her vision settled on a crew that seemed to know this fate already. All the pirates stood quietly as they looked up to their captain, the Red sisters.

"Men..." Clarissa said as she tried to compose herself, "It has been our honor sailing these waters with you. We couldn't have asked for a better crew... and friends to share this journey with."

"All journeys must come to an end. Let us face it head on. Steel yourselves as we go to meet Davy Jones with bravery only befitting the Red pirates," Marissa finished barely choking on the words, fighting back her tears. As the crew raised their fists in the air with defiant cries, Marissa felt her sister's hand take hers comfortingly.

"It is okay, sister," Clarissa smiled to her, tears filling the edges of her eyes. "We are going to see mother now, right?"

"Aye," Marissa said in a tearful laugh before both sisters lovingly embraced each other in farewell as the ship listed, caught in the powerful current sending the ship forward into the spiral towards the aquatic abyss.

No more... I don't want this!

A familiar beach soon whisked into view as she recognized Kyros. Dark storm clouds above the boiling sea rolled just offshore as they moved inland. Frightening lightning was flashing about constantly as the villages ran everywhere in panic, having never before seen such ferocious storms. Ina Thorburn looked out from her doorway to seas and sky boiling over in fury. Yet the fearful look in her eyes wasn't for them. An aching in her heart caused her to slump against the doorframe, her hand coming to her mouth as she cried.

"My boy," Ina sobbed with a mother's intuition, "Something's happened to my son..." She fell to her knees in her grief as the large waterspouts began to come ashore, the ferocity of their winds ready to tear the village into pieces and leave nothing behind. The succubus's consciousness raced back to her body as she could take no more, fighting against the current of Ragnarok's power.

"I WON'T ALLOW THIS!" Kendra screamed at the top of her lungs as she returned. Not by her hands. She had lost the two men she loved. To hell with losing any more friends or this world they all shared and cared for!

"You are mine and you will obey me," she growled angrily, her eyes glowing intensely as her form once again became the demon of destruction. The power was running amok, like a ravenous beast let loose from dropping its leash. She must reign it back in. Kendra concentrated and focused on drawing the power back into herself in hope that it would stop the destruction and save as many as she could.

The blowback hit her with stunning force as she doubled over in pain. By the Abyss! It felt like she was trying to reign in a stampede of raging bulls. The force rebounded into her body repeatedly in stubborn refusal. Her eyes rolled up as blood leaked from her ears and nose, body convulsing violently.

"I won't... give... up!" She gasped as she redoubled her focus.

Kendra focused on her memories of Blaze to block out the pain tearing through her mind and body. All of those times they shared together, whether she was laughing with him or teasing him with her seductive movements, he would always smile. She could almost hear him, supporting her with words of encouragement to push through this. The succubus gradually began to feel it, like a small stream feeding back into an empty reservoir. Gradually that stream became a creek, a tributary, and then a river as the demonic power of Ragnarok flowed back into her. She howled in pain as it was near impossible to ignore it anymore but she was nearly there. The succubus doubled down on her efforts to put her cursed power back in its place.