All Comments on 'Bless This Broken Road'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 330 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

A truly amazing piece of writing. I think this is the first story I have read where the husband didn’t get to burn the bitch but instead Karma came along and burnt her good along with the entire fucked up friends group. This is my third time through this wonderful story and I still get just as emotional while enjoying it. It was so well written and thought out, how could the emotions not come bursting forth. This will always be a favorite of mine and I will continue to come back and reread it until either I can’t see anymore or I’m dead because to me, it is just that good.

Be well and stay safe.

GG

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Good story, well written. It turns out he didn't BTB his ex-wife, but her lift did that to her and she was got her comeuppance. 5 stars

Dennis26Dennis2617 days ago

Excellent ! 5 stars.

Arinderk75Arinderk7521 days ago

One of the best (if not the best) CW stories I have read!! Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An Amazing story with well developed characters. A very solid five stars, actually one of the best.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Almost impossible to get HIV from normal heterosexual contact.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice! Very positive. Not so sure about sure about the BTB tag, but the rest are “a go.”

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

To me, this story absolutely screamed for 5 stars, so that's exactly what it got, along with a follow for the author. Yes, I've read some others of his stories, but this one insisted I go back yo read more of his work and follow for future stories.

While some of the tale was a just a little bit predictable, overall this story held together through love, betrayal, revenge, forgiveness, personal crises and renewal. Again, to me, it insusted on the stars I gave it... gladly !

Thanks for this tour through challenges faced and overcome on a journey to love and happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5 Stars as my ex left me for her high school boyfriend. Then she left him and me for a guy with no job at all .I found this all out much later.

CruachanCruachan5 months ago

Brilliant. Your best work so far. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

After discovering Brit's horrible betrayal and of course the fact that all of her friends covered for her (assholes stick together after all), I kept wishing that her and her "true love" would crumble, hopefully she'd find him cheating on her and she'd be saddled with a kid or two, struggling to make ends meet and all the while knowing she fucked up her life and threw away the best thing that ever happened to her (kids aside). And hopefully she would run across him in future with his new wife and family and it would just utterly shatter her. Satisfaction and justice! Funnily enough most of that happened though some things that happened were even worse (like her miscarriage, getting HIV from her new guy).

Damn fate was even crueler to Brit than I thought. Losing her kid in the womb, unable to have children, and getting HIV from the asshole she cheated with - then later developing AIDS and dying, sheesh. Sometimes the universe gets something right I guess. Serves the stupid bitch right. Zero sympathy given. Towards the end of her life especially she must have really been in tatters realizing she threw it all away so foolishly and got nothing but pain and a death sentence in the end. Too bad. The lesson here is: don't fucking cheat. :)

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

Second read and still 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really well written story. Highly emotional with loads of character and pathos. Looking forward to reading more of your submissions. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So an HIV positive Brit was thinking she would come to Nawlins to make a play for her ex?

Otherwise wonderful heartfelt story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Beautiful, heartbreaking, anger inducing and at times very depressing but that emotional drive shows how well written this story is. It took many breaks to wipe my eyes, nose and the iPad screen before I could continue but it was well worth the emotions brought up. I have yet to find 3 other stories that brought out my emotions like this piece of work has and I am sure I will be coming back in the future to relive all this wonderfully impressive tale has to offer. Thank you for posting it.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

very good. karma was a nice touch. I'm not keen on the cheaters losing their life in some way, otherwise they were repentant and as damaged as they should have been.

crazymike45crazymike456 months ago

Great story! The cheaters got burned as bad as can be and the MC didn't go to jail. MC met soulmate and lived a great life. Best revenge ever.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Awesome story, with very strong and happy ending. 10 stars if I could.

moultonknobmoultonknob8 months ago

Finished up OK but, like many other stories on here, far too much bullshit about how he met his first wife and all the parties and getting pissed.

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Reread. Still a powerful, well written story. Please come back.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat10 months ago

Absolutely brilliant.

Alvares1414Alvares141410 months ago

Fantastic story! Hard to believe people as hearless as some of the characters in this story actually exist in real life, but unfortunately they do. His handling of the situation once he found his balance was fantastic, and I especially loved his final meeting with the treacherous bunch. They say the opposite of both love and hate is indifference, and the best revenge is a life well lived. The protagonist proved both these points. He doesn't need to wish them any ill will, because he doesn't THINK about them at all...he's too busy living! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amazing story, an amazing writer. Do you retire after your last masterpiece in 2020.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban11 months ago

I recognized the Tonic lyric the second I read it. (FYI Tonic, The Gin Blossoms, and Sugar Ray are touring this fall - 2023 - and I was fortunate to read that the tour is coming to our state. Check it out to see if they're heading towards you.) Anyhow... I really enjoyed this story... I figured that Britt's second marriage wasn't going to make it. However, her getting AIDS was an interesting plot twist that caught me off guard. Though I knew that she wasn't going to make it the second I read it. I loved how you worked the complicated relationship between two broken addicts - Dana and Jordan. Their complete transparency with each other and their ability to allow themselves to be vulnerable is what made it work so well. I initially thought that Dan was too embittered - holding the grudge of betrayal for so long. But the truth is - Britt's actions along with those of their supposed friends, nearly killed Dan. It was a long uphill climb for him out of that pit. So I defer to his undying anger at his betrayers. Being somewhat new to Lit, I started reading all the HOF Loving Wife stories starting at #250 and working my way up, arriving at yours. It's truly worthy of that honor - and deserves a 5 for your efforts. I look forward to reading more of your work. BRB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Can count the fives in one hand. This was the most of all.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Amazing story. Just re-read it, and still easy 5 stars. The best kind of BTB - karma and self inflicted. Happy end and "I don't care about you and I'm happy" revenge on part of main character.

The only improvement I can think of, would be karmic bad end for the asshole's father; but he's not really a character here. i just like to pedantically cross all "i"s and dot all "t"s, especially where Karma is concerned.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Still one of the best stories on here. Wish more authors developed the characters and plot so well. 5*

WrickettsWrickettsabout 1 year ago

Way too bitter. Let shit go, you’re better off now.

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

Karma can be a wonderful thing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Have not read this for years. Still brilliant five star material.

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 1 year ago

(5/5/2023) A great read. So many good stories never address the betrayer thoroughly only having the main betrayed character constantly state he doesn’t care at all good or bad with no final confrontation. The confrontation would have been enough for closure. But, you went above and beyond. You did both and killed them off. May have been a bit rough but it was okay with me. Five stars.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh you wrote a blinder with this one, very well done, plot wise it was great, characters were so well executed, and yes a man or woman could and do act really nasty when hurt, so well done on putting that down so well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When the going gets rough the tough gets going. Old Corps.

Plan, improvise,adapt and go on with life if lived through it.

Don't hide in bottle or drugs.

Recovery rates so low I gave you average for the respect I have for few who make it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Two devastated people brought together in such a wonderful story

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

Excellent. Realistic. Emotional. Gripping.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved it. It was very well written and told. You could feel the emotions at times, along with the pain and hurt at other times. I especially liked the line, two damaged souls making one whole, as I felt that was more what the story was about than anything, and the way they over came their problems together. Very nice, and thanks for sharing it with us.

I gave it 5 big stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

It's way past my bedtime but I just had to finish this story. There is some very strong emotion involved in this story and it's handled beautifully. A lot of epilogs are just some crap that was added as an afterthought, but this one served to round out the story and bring closure to an already great story.

40fathoms40fathomsabout 1 year ago

Two foundering ships at sea, finding each other, each relating the others damages enabaling both to continue the voyage of life. Well written and heartwarming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The wages of adultery are not death by AIDS. But still an amazing story. The two tortured souks coming together is emotionally taut and well constructed. Quite gripping.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

Very very well written, nice compass on development the tale. I might just be a bit down because the ex had a very bad development, there was no need for a so dreadful destiny

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very well written i can feel the emotion in the words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Um yeah...ah no! As complicated as you tried to make it, that was so simplistic, your MC [should write that as mc] suffers from soft dick syndrome, his dialog is at best pathetic diatribe. You can do better and should aim for that. No star vote it deserves none, see how fortunate you are not every one reaches for 1 or 5 golden ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HIV becoming AIDS and immediately deadly? Maybe I missed the scene setup, but is this story set in the early 1980s?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I must confess that I do not understand the need for "closure." The ex cheated. And? So when Tim says she wants to talk, I would have been happier with Brad beating him into unconsciousness rather than putting himself through that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I must confess that I do not understand the need for "closure." The ex cheated. And? So when Tim says she wants to talk, I would have been happier with Brad beating him into unconsciousness rather than putting himself through that.

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Terrific story! Thanks for sharing!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

one of the best stories on here. thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

awesome gets better each time i read it AWESOME

KtYe3XKtYe3Xover 1 year ago

Easy 5-Stars rating!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

I stop reading when Brit said she had HIV. Just a silly BTB disguised as something more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant story, very sympathetically covered.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

I've read this a number of times and it's still one of the top 3 stories on this site.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Nice story, 5 stars from me.

Damn, these snakes pretending to be friends are really somehting. People like that make me sick. What they did was horrible and then they want to apologize and earn forgiveness. What the fuck?! To hell with them.

The wife got what she deserved, I guess. One could say that she got hella unlucky, but my opinion is that shitty people attract shite. Karma n stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Physical and mental abuse of women should never be tolerated. No one deserves a death sentence from a disease like aids no matter what they have done. Glad to read that both were able to find each other and help them recover from their demons. well done Beast

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to agree with rephil, this has to be one of your best! Anon from a month ago, how you feel about alcohol/drugs/tats are your feelings about your choices. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before judging them. Thank you Beast!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Britt the slut deserved what she got, all of those cheating friends!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Average?

Know it happens but can't understand people retreating with alcohol,drugs or both.

Tattoos my own poll showed majority when reach 70s up regret getting them. Some a lot sooner especially those who get girlfriend name tattooed and then marry another. Personally know a few whose wife finally got tired of looking at it and ultimatum! Tattoo gone or they were gone. For those christians bible says no tattoos or piercings even for the dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With Britt had suffered more , but still a great story .

Well written , five stars

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

A serious five. Thank you DFWB. I'm no author, but I'd have let your MC mellow out just a bit more at those last meetings.. She and her friends can't hurt him any more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing lly well done story. Brad's dialog during the restaurant scene was dead on. I think the ex getting the HIV/AIDS death sentence is a bit much but it is a story.

RePhilRePhilalmost 2 years ago

Probably your best work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I truly loved this story! Thank you for sharing your efforts with us.

An old curmudgeon

CaptainbklCaptainbklalmost 2 years ago

Really liked the story. Brad could not have behaved better during the final meeting.

mfbridgesmfbridgesalmost 2 years ago

Awesome story, I think more realistic then most would believe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

awesome

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

"I realized immediately how much she cared for me. She was letting down her defenses and at that moment I had the power to devastate her by simply rejecting her. That kind of trust broke down whatever barriers I had. My fears and distrust crumbled as I watched a damaged, fragile woman show incredible strength by overcoming her fears enough to trust me to see the one thing she was most ashamed of ... herself. "

This paragraph almost made me cry.

Thanks for sharing such a great tale with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was written in 2015. By that time, the odds were close to zero of someone with HIV who was taking Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) actually dying of AIDS. It was widely known by then that HAART reduces HIV levels in the blood to undetectable levels and that undetectability means not infectious. The majority of HIV positive folks have HIV negative partners. Many “mixed" couples no longer use condoms because of the proven track record of HAART. Britt's portrayed HIV infection added some pathos to the story but also took away some of its realism.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

What I liked most about this story was that it was more about Brad and Jordan and only flashed back to both of their previous troubles. Those were really peripheral to the strength of their marriage and their love. I loved it.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Besides all the protestations to the contrary Brad was and is a CUCKOLD. Hooking up with a slut is one thing marrying her is the height of idiocy!!! But let's be real when you get into a relationship with someone with very perceived weaknesses in character and or personality dysfunction it's really more a reflection of your own INADEQUACIES!!!

The fact he married a woman after the first marriage with such glaring codependency issues and a completely broken self esteem reveals Brad's own Ego and need to feel superior.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

BRAD WAS JUST A STUPID WEAK WIMP CUCK...HOW HE HANDLED BRIT'S DIVORCE WAS PATHETIC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

BRIT WAS A SKANK FROM THE FIRST DAY HE MET HER SO BRAD IS A STUPID FOR MARRYING A WILD PARTY GIRL AND EXPECTING HER TO CHANGE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing story.

To bigguy731: do a little research before you make statements like that. Maybe next time you won't look like a fucking idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An incredable story of bravery and strength. To hell with those who betray us in life. Grow stronger and maybe write about it. Well done.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

Now this is a novel ... a book with a brilliant love story tat came full circle. It might have started out as a BTB story but theses bitches and bastards burned themselves! Loved it very much! 5-Stars! wish I could give you more!!!

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

The best revenge is living well,

Loved this story, such well written characters

Thank you for this

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 2 years ago
Still easily one of the top 10 stories on here

Why is it that many women named Britney seem to either be bat shit crazy or sluts?

It would be interesting and perhaps a bit of morbid curiosity to see a sequel to this story from both Britney and Anna's perspectives. I bet we would find out both of those "women" were serial cheaters.

As a side note..... It sucks when you are getting busy with some chick and she pukes on you. I can never eat Kraft Mac and Cheese ever again lol.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

This will always be one of my absolute favorite stories here on Lit.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

One of the comments below makes the point that Women have a double standard when it comes to cheating. That is correct. Also, they only find contrition when someone other than the cheating coven, confronts them like Tim. I am not excusing Tim; however without his eventual qualms of conscience, Ann would not have thought twice about Brit screwing over Brad. Brit would not have thought twice about her actions except for her eventual fate. Now to the story. I gave it 5 stars. I loved this story for its character development, organization and above all for the writer’s ability to construct a story that has a theme and direction. Brave. BTRH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The way Brad handled the before and after Britney divorce shows what a wimp loser he is. He lost his balls

Bigguy731Bigguy731over 2 years ago

Katrina never hit New Orleans

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

One of your best. Written any novels? Would

Love to read them

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

2d reading: still love it. Read it much slower, paying attention to minor details of personality. Really very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is the picture of a Man! Cheated on, defeated, then, when back on his feet by his own effort and value, kept saying the cruel and crude true to all his betrayours. Never spared one arrow. Great, magnificent role model.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 2 years ago

WOW Beast, Where the hell did you pull that magnificent, stunning story from? Just awesome!! Thank you.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Sad but so uplifting.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Not having any talents of my own and certainly not qualified to rate the author's skills all I know is I love the story - as I've liked all of his stories so far. The emotions he/you puts in the stories, and causes in the readers are unusual in this type of story. THANKS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked this story. Gave it a five. That being said, I still can’t believe, how women look at infidelity differently. If they or a friend get cheated on, it’s go burn the bastard. If the friend or themselves do the cheating, they can be remarkably calm and supportive of the situation, just like in this story. This is not just a Literotica fantasy, I have seen this many times in real life.

Someone commented once, that women are remarkably pragmatic about relationships, where men are emotional. I believe this to be true. The fact of the matter is, most women would try to trade up at some point. The thing that stops most of them, would be the reaction of family members/ children, on both sides of the family. And the old adage, “ if you covered for her to cheat, how do I know you aren’t?” is very plausible. The thing men most fear in a divorce, is the financial cost it will bring on them. A divorced father, paying 1/2 his income to support a ex wife and kids, isn’t exactly a pussy magnet. The thing a wife most fears in a divorce, is the trashing of HER reputation. THIS is the reason why women cover for each other, and concoct such intricate lies, to explain away the divorce, and work hard to get their mutual friends on wifeys side. There have been a couple stories, where the husband gets all the family members, even spiritual leaders involved. Too many times, a guy just goes after the bastard she cheated with. This is expected, and count on her, to use it against you. If you want to cause her REAL PAIN, then take away her friendships, and WIN the public opinion battle, like the guy in this story did. That’s REAL BURN!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This isn't really btb is it? He didn't make her life hell. Karma did.

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

Since this was set in the 2010’s not to many people die of AIDS these days. I do think you made Brad a little to angry and cold. Just my thought so

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant!

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story as much or more the second time around. Think there are a couple life lessons that folks can take from this tale. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very good story. After time passes grudges and hate needs to be ley go. They are sort of wasted and useless emotions. What bothers me about past relationships is most of the people never really know what caused the marriage to end in divorce. Remaining silent and suffering the hurt and loss is a terrible thing. In real life the truths never really come out as in these stories, believe me I know. 5 stars.

hicountryriderhicountryrideralmost 3 years ago

Thank you for a truly marvelous story.

He was wonderful to see a good man like him broken and rise up and become stronger than he every had been.

I also appreciated that you let a man be strong stand in front of what wrecked his life and tell them that did not mean anything to him and his wife had moved on and you really knew that it had and he was stronger than before.

I've already read 5 of these B TB stories that had that.

I leave you with my thanks and deepest respect for a really well done story.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story with a happy ending for those that deserve it. Gotta love a story where the cheating spouse burns themselves and Brit did it big time. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Magnificent

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...