All Comments on 'Blind Date'

by D3vilfish

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice, but copyeditor please.

Good story, sympathetically told. Irritating copy-editing weaknesses makes this less than satisfying, though. Please get a copyeditor.

William smythWilliam smythover 10 years ago
A few minor errors

are unfortunately present but they do very little to detract from the power of this story.

A very unusual--and welcome--story for this website.

The author is to be congratulated.

fixer43fixer43over 10 years ago
Nice addition to the site

A pleasure to see a story that goes outside the norm. I'm sure this happens in real life-we 'sighted' folks tend not to think about it though.

I can't give it a 5 because of the tenses and grammar, but certainly a solid 4. Also, maybe a bit more of Julia 'teaching' him about her body considering Sam has never seen (or touched?) a girl/women before.

A refresh of this story could certainly be a winner.

Mark737Mark737over 10 years ago
Nice story

Outside of a few typos. A rather interesting concept. I've never read a story that involves someone who can't see and has to rely on their other senses.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 10 years ago
TONS of errors - Get an editor!

I gave up after a few paragraphs, there were so many.

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago

Sweet and enjoyable. Thanks. Different folks don't get enough strokes. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice

It was a nice story even with the errors. I suggest you either check for any errors or get someone to edit it for you. Also you need to use more detail. I would be interested in seeing what happens next for Sam.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a nice story

about a true blind date.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sweet story, cute couple.

I really didn't care about the errors in punctuation, tense or anything else for that matter. When the text is read to you, it doesn't come through as it would reading.

I found your story to be beautifully written from an experiential standpoint. You have a slight understanding of what a non-sighted person goes through, living our lives everyday.

From a realistic point:

Giving him a "preview" of her outfit was nice, but Sam probably wouldn't have reached and touched her pantyhose. We may not be able to see, we know about boundaries and personal space though.

During dinner Sam would have asked Julia about the placement of the food on his plate; saves us from being tacky and outright feeling where it is and what is what.

As a guy, even though I'm not sighted, I imagine I get just as much pleasure and excitement out of unwrapping all the layers of the present. It's just as much fun and as exciting to feel and "see" as we are unwrapping our partner from the various layers of clothing.

Sam probably would have wanted to feel those pantyhose, the sexy panties under them and the cute bra she may or may not have had on under that dress, he would have definitely had their sexy image in mind.

Sam would have also "checked out" Julia's beautiful body from head to toe, taking in and swooning over its various beautiful contours with his fingertips and probability his lips and tongue. From experience and comments from lovers most find how I see her body in such a tactile way pretty amazing because I'm experiencing her in a different way than she is used to. Not only that but a non-sighted person would tend to take their time getting acquainted with their lovers body.

Would love for you to do a little homework and discover how a non-sighted person really lives, then continue with Julia and Sam's relationship.

Sorry if there are any errors in my punctuation and or word usage. Voice recognition often doesn't punctuate or differentiate sound alike words very well. Yet it does allow us to communicate in a written way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous