All Comments on 'Blind Date Awakening'

by PapaRomantic

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
SensualleeSensualleeover 7 years ago
A pleasent story

Short and pleasant story of brother/sister love encounter. Straight and to the point - smooth and easy reading - no heavy drama - satisfying conclusion - well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Charles & Karen

Great story, you should write another chapter to give it a proper ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story but,,,,,,

Why did the Karen character continually address Charles as "big brother"? I doubt that it would occur in real life. I seldom address my sister as " big sister".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good story but

In my experience with family love once you pass the threshold of love to feelings of making love you stop addressing each other by title and more as a lover such as babe or honey, sugar anything but the real title of the family member . Keeping it feeling less taboo and more socially accepted.

So lose the big brother comments in future chapters to make even more interesting and believable . Good start.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 7 years ago
What an ending for a Blind Date!

Is it possible that Stan and Lori KNEW they were brother and sister? When is Chapter two going to be posted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pay the piper when he lets you dance.

The first Anon- states that she was on a second honeymoon and at the graveside. Read the damn thing again.

His friend and the wife were the ones on the second honeymoon. That is why they did not know that she was his sister when the wife met her at the gym. I liked the hook, him reliving the past every night while barely making it through the days like a zombie. Then, his assistant tells him about this blind date and I was pleasantly surprised from then on. If this is the first story then I can only say, Encore, Encore. Cheers

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments!

I appreciate your feedback! Hopefully it will make me a better writer. I have submitted Chapter 2 for approval. I'm pretty sure there will be at least a 3rd chapter. After that, we'll see!

prop69prop69over 7 years ago
Romantic and sexy

Good story. They have different last names..chapter 2 is a go

Rapier875Rapier875over 7 years ago
That was very good !

For a first story, you have done very well.

On to chapter 2 - really looking forward to it !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Grammar

I enjoy your writing, for the most part. You've done a great job framing the story line without wandering off on theme irrelevant topics. However, a good edit would have taken your story from being a good read to a compelling read. Storytelling is more than a great idea. Using the right words and phrasing can greatly enhance your story and your readers' experience. Regarding prepositional pronouns:

Incorrect: "...of he and Jessica."

Correct: "...of Jessica and him."

The word 'of' is a preposition, making the words immediately following it part of a prepositional phrase. Prepositional pronouns include: me, him, her, us, and them. There are a handful of other issues but again, allowing someone to help edit your work before you publish would help your story.

williamkounterwilliamkounterover 7 years ago
Abso-fucking-lutely amazing!

Love this story so far! Hot, hot, hot. Looking forward to more.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
nice beginning

One of the goals of a blind date is to find out if you have anything in common. If you can get along. Their friends should be proud, they found two people with mutual interests, backgrounds, personalities, who probably even had similar physical characteristics. Who knew?

For me, let's go to my place, came pretty fast and it's ok for us to do this without guilt because it's purely therapeutic not romantic was one of the best examples of rationalizing I've seen.

But I'm a reader not a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can Relate

This is a very good story. I lost my wife a few years ago, we were High School sweethearts and she died unexpectedly after 30+ years of marriage. The author is a very realistic writer.

goducks1goducks1almost 6 years ago
very good story

5 stars. although not a lot of sex, a great start to what hopefully is a really compelling and erotic story. well written. on to chapter 2.

Frankie1952Frankie1952over 4 years ago

Loved it and hope you write some more soon. I would love to follow these two as their relationship deepens hopefully.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Love story with a twist, perfect can't wait till the next chapter 5++stars

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Eeew. Incest is not ok. This is gross.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

arsenelupin66: Seiously? It’s in the Incest category. What did you expect?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really special.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that opener was brutal. Telling of a wonderful, lifelong, loving relationship, only to have it snuffed out by cancer. Yes, they did have many years together and 2 daughters that are off living their own lives, but it seems cruel to snatch his soulmate away like that. Admittedly it's better than saying she cheated and I suppose this is the lesser of two evils for setting the scene in an incest story.

Charles and Karen seem like a nice match, although it's early days. I hope their love blossoms into something deep and wonderful, that rivals and perhaps even eclipses what he had with his beloved soulmate, Jessica.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Huge huge hole that they weren’t there for each other in their times of need. Necessary for the story to work, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Echoing the comment regarding arsenelupin66. Dude, really?

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Romantic, tragic, sweet, and sexy

What more does one need?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPapaRomantic@PapaRomantic
I enjoy writing, but I am new to the erotic genre. I especially enjoy comments from readers telling me that they like my submissions, as well as constructive criticism, so I can become a better writer. All of my works are fiction - just fun for me and hopefully for you! I a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES