Blood of the Clans Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The call from Braedon looking for him, broke their embrace and Sloan sat looking into Kyla's eyes.

"I'll be back in a few days, Kyla. I must go noo, but I want tae come back tae ye." Kyla felt a joy fill her with his words, overshadowing her grief. She hugged him tight and smiled with a sense of hope in her future.

Sloan stood and helped her up and held her close to him. They looked in each other's eyes and felt their emotions pass between them. Braedon's call again, broke their growing connection and they came around the castle to where Braedon was waiting.

"Sloan, it's time tae sail. Kyla, we'll do oor best fer yer parents." Braedon told her with compassion.

Sloan left Kyla with her two younger brothers, as the birlinn was rowed up to the castle. The birlinn was filled already with twenty battle-ready men, as Braedon and Sloan jumped up on the side and took their positions. The birlinn pulled away from the edge and made its way into open waters, as the sail was raised. Kyla raised her hand and waved, along with her brothers and the ones on the shore joining them. Sloan looked to them and raised his sword in salute, Braedon doing the same.

Kyla watched the birlinn grow smaller and fade away in the dimming light, as it made its way down the coast of Lismore.

Sloan looked at the inlet coming up and dreaded what he had to do once again.