Blood Relations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An hour later Serena stood outside her closet checking herself out in the mirror. She had on tiny black shorts, while they barely covered her butt and rested just below her hip they weren't too tight. She wore a neon pink halter top that had a ruffle around the neckline. The back dropped low enough to let anyone looking know she didn't have a bra on. Her hair was twisted away from her face and then split in two low ponytails, with the ends slightly curled. Her makeup was subtle, except for her smokey eyes. The charcoal color made the blue look electric instead of pale. She wore the same black stilettos from work.

"You look like...a sex kitten," Piper said. "I can't believe I was stupid enough to bring my stuff here, yours is much better."

Piper wore a lime green tubetop dress that had cut outs on the side. On Serena it came down to her knees, but with Piper's figure it hugged her thighs and showed off her curves. Serena had drawn on thick cat eyeliner on Piper making her look even more seductive.

"We should eat those sandwiches before we leave," Serena said.

The two headed over to Serena's small kitchen table and started to chow down.

"Earlier today I never would have pegged your for the stylish hair and makeup type," Piper said. "You seemed so serious and dedicated to the job."

"Can't I be both?" Serena asked.

"Nope," Piper said. "There are two types of people. Those who live to work and those who work to live."

"Speaking of work," Serena said. "I don't have much money at the moment..."

"Don't worry about it," Piper said. "A Friday night here, looking like this, we're not going to have to pay for much."

"One more thing," Serena said. "I know we just met, but don't let me get too drunk...or do anything I might regret."

"Right back at ya," Piper said. "As long as you repay the favor."

Serena nodded her head, happy to have a friend who she could trust.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The eight ball went in the corner pocket and Serena did a little celebratory dance.

"Shit," Piper said.

"That means you buy the next round," Serena said.

She felt a little guilty, it was almost 1 AM and so far Piper had been treating, but once they agreed to shoot pool for drinks Serena knew she was going to have a cheap night. Piper didn't seem to mind though. Piper walked over to the bar and Serena decided not to re-rack. Instead she headed over to their high top table. Tonight had been fun so far, but not what Serena was expecting.

They were the youngest people in the place by about twenty years. Some of the older men smiled at them, but Serena got the vibe they were more interested in putting a sweatshirt over their shoulders than trying to pick them up. Once the last sporting event on the TV had ended half the bar had left anyway. Piper came back and dropped the drinks down.

"I should have known you were a shark," Piper said.

"I did warn you," Serena said.

"How did you get so good at pool?"

Serena opened her mouth to respond, but the memories that came with her answer made her cringe. Piper seemed very in-tune with her moods and changed the subject right away.

"So where are you from?" Piper asked.

"I moved around a lot growing up," Serena said. "But I go to college in New Mexico."

"How did you end up in Indiana?"

"Job opportunity," Serena said. "My original plans changed last minute and this fell in my lap. I graduate in December, so it is my last chance to have an internship on my resume."

"And how did you hear about the job?" Piper asked.

"Showed up in my e-mail," Serena said. "Just dumb luck I guess."

The jukebox switched off. Serena wondered if they were getting ready to close.

"No," Piper said. "All of these places are open until sun-up."

"Are you a mind reader?" Serena asked.

"You are just easy to read," Piper said. "Did you want to try another bar? There are two more we haven't been to yet tonight."

"What about that club?" Serena asked. "I mean, not that I'm not having a good time, it's just if I knew it was pool and sports bars I would have worn jeans and a t-shirt, not heels and booty shorts."

"I don't know if that's a good idea," Piper said.

Serena was barely buzzed, but enough that she had some liquid courage.

"Please?" She asked. "I feel like dancing in a dimly lit room where nobody will notice me."

"It's getting late," Piper said.

Serena got the feeling one o'clock was not late for Piper.

"Then one drink and we can go home?" Serena asked.

"One drink and home," Piper said. "Deal."

Serena started slamming the drink Piper had just brought her. She was ready to move on the final part of the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a line to get in and Serena stopped at the back. Piper kept walking though.

"Where are you going?" Serena asked.

Piper turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Follow me," Piper said.

The bouncer took one look at Piper and opened the gate to let her in. The burly man took one look at Serena and closed the rope. Serena felt a little insulted. She knew Piper was prettier than her, but didn't think it was the obvious.

"Relax Jerry," Piper said. "She's with me."

"There's enough of her in there tonight," Jerry the bouncer replied.

Of her? Did that mean short girls? Or strawberry blonds? Maybe it just meant average looking people. Serena was about to ask when Piper spoke up again.

"She's a townie for the summer," Piper said. "Malcolm brought her here."

Of course. Serena felt stupid for thinking it could have been anything else. Piper lived here year round. Serena did live in a college town and knew that townies always received special preferences at certain establishments. Jerry's eyes went wide and he opened the rope for Serena. She wanted to do another celebratory dance, but looked at all the tourists in line to get in and decided it wouldn't be fair.

The inside of the club was a little disappointing. Strobe lights flashed across a huge dance floor filled with bodies. Two of the edges had raised platforms with red velvet booths while the other two had long bars. The music was blaring and the lights flickering on and off made Serena shut her eyes. Maybe it was a mistake coming here.

Piper put her head to Serena's ear and yelled something, but Serena couldn't make out what she said at all. Instead of nodding yes she just followed Piper to the bar. The music wasn't as loud in this area and Serena was grateful.

A gorgeous man walked over to them right away. He had Piper's green eyes and black hair. Serena thought he was a foot taller than her, even though she was in heels. His black dress shirt was unbuttoned showing the top of his chiseled chest. He leaned over and hugged Piper. His eyes caught Serena's and she saw the same mischief Piper had showed earlier.

"Serena this is my brother Adam," Piper yelled.

"Nice to meet you," Serena yelled back.

"What?" He yelled.

"NICE TO MEET YOU," Serena yelled louder.

He held up his hand to his ear. Serena took a breath. As soon as she opend her mouth the song ended.

"NICE TO MEET YOU," Serena screamed.

Everyone around turned to look at her. She felt her cheeks grow red and turned to see Piper's brother cracking up. The DJ switched songs and this time the volume wasn't nearly as high.

"They only play the really popular songs that loud," Piper explained. "Don't mind Adam, or as I like to call him my ass of a brother."

Serena could tell by his smile that was a good word to describe him. Piper put a beer in Serena's hand before she could respond.

"We're here," Piper said. "One drink and then we leave, so lets dance instead of standing by this jerk."

Serena nodded and followed Piper to the dance floor. The music was amazing and Serena let her body sway to the music, facing Piper. It didn't take long for two guys to come up to them. Serena felt hands on her hips swaying back and forth with her.

Piper smiled at her, but Serena watched as she turned her head and looked at the guy behind her. He was huge, with blond hair flopping over his forehead. Serena looked on as Piper turned away from him and started to still. He dipped his head down and started sniffing her neck. Serena couldn't tell if Piper was enjoying herself or not. She turned to look at the man standing behind her. He was only a few inches taller than her and seemed more interested in watching Piper and the other guy.

Their earlier pact came to Serena's mind. She was far from drunk and Piper had several inches and likely a much higher tolerance than her, but Serena watched as her new friend rolled her head into the man's and started making out with him in the middle of the dance floor. This seemed like the mistake they had discussed earlier. Serena stopped dancing. She walked forward and pulled Piper's shoulder. The man had her in a tight grip.

"Piper," Serena said, not letting up.

After several more tugs Piper finally let go. She spun around to look at Serena. Even though the music was loud Serena swore she heard them growl.

"Are you alright?" Serena asked. "Remember, we are watching each other."

Piper's angry look seemed to soften. She turned back to the man she was dancing with and whispered in his ear. Serena watched as he tucked Piper's hair behind her ear. Then the two of them started making out again. Serena spun around. The strange man's friend had disappeared. Serena didn't know what to do. She was supposed to make sure Piper wasn't doing this sort of thing, but it looked like her new friend was about to fuck this guy in the middle of a bar her brother worked at.

Then it hit Serena, her brother was here. He would be able to stop this. Serena left the floor and went to the bar. She had to wave for a few minutes but eventually Adam walked over.

"Hey there," he said.

"Piper," Serena said.

His green eyes turned serious.

"She's with some guy on the dance floor," Serena said. "I don't want her to make a mistake."

Serena swore Adam's eyes flashed yellow as he jumped over the bar. Serena turned to follow him into the crowd, hoping that she hadn't made a mistake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Adam could pick up his sister's scent anywhere. He followed it to the dance floor, where it seemed to shift. He was taken aback. It was her, but there was something else there as well. He plowed through the sweaty dancers towards the back door. He pushed it open to see his sister hand-in-hand with a stranger starting to walk away.

"What do you think you're doing?" Adam asked.

Piper and the man turned their heads. When Piper realized it was him she spun all the way around, the man let go of her hand and instead wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Adam this is Thomas," Piper said. "My mate."

"I don't think so," Adam said.

Adam heard Thomas let out a growl while Piper's eyes flashed with anger. Instead of acknowledging Adam's statement she went back to Thomas and whispered something in his ear. The blond man leaned forward and kissed Piper on the forehead. Adam was about to lunge at him when a small voice stopped him.

"What's going on?"

He turned to see the human Piper was with standing behind him.

"Serena," Piper said. "Are you alright to get home by yourself? If not, we can walk you."

"Didn't you just meet him?" Serena asked.

"No," Piper said. "Actually I've known him my whole life."

"Liar," Adam said with a snarl.

He had seen what mates meant to each other. He wasn't about to let his sister fall into that trap. Thomas started to lurch forward but Piper but her hand on his chest and he relaxed. He nodded to her and she came forward, pulling Adam to the side.

"Do. Not. Ruin this for me," Piper said.

"We promised," Adam said. "We don't believe in mates."

"Well we were wrong," Piper said. "I can't explain it, someday you will understand."

"So you've known this guy for ten minutes and you're an expert?" Adam asked.

"Yes," Piper said. "I need to go. If you don't want me to head to the apartment he has a hotel room."

"No," Adam said. "You're not going to a hotel with a stranger."

"He's not a stranger," Piper said. "He's my mate."

"Think about mom," Adam said.

"I'm not mom," Piper said.

Adam could feel the anger radiating off of her. She closed her eyes and took a breath.

"Take Serena home for me," Piper said. "Please?"

It was more of a demand than a question. Adam didn't know what to do. He stood there frozen as his sister walked back to the small human to reassure her. Adam looked at Thomas and gave the man a deadly glare. The blond was unfazed. Instead he stood there with a goofy smile. When Piper walked back to him he draped his arm over her shoulder and led her away.

Suddenly everything Adam had wanted to say to his sister came flooding back. One work kept replaying itself over and over. Mistake. He couldn't believe this happened, and at his club. The anger finally boiled over. He spun around and slammed his fist into the brick building before walking back inside. Tomorrow he would set his sister straight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If Piper said Thomas was a lifelong friend Serena had no choice but to believe her. It was obvious Adam held some hostility towards the man though. When he punched the brick wall Serena expected his hand to break in a million places, but instead it looked like the wall took the brunt of the force. He had turned and went back into the club, leaving Serena outside. She was about to walk around the front of the building when the back door opened again. Adam stuck his head out.

"They only need me for another half an hour," Adam said. "Do you think you can occupy yourself until then? I will walk you home after."

"I don't live very far," Serena said. "I can make it by myself."

"I wanted to hit Piper for suggesting that," Adam said. "This late going anywhere alone isn't a good idea. Come on, I'll sit you in a booth next to the bar and grab you a drink."

Serena wanted to tell him she was capable of taking care of herself, but felt guilty for getting him involved earlier. She doubted he wanted to put up with another argument.

"Just a pop this time," Serena said.

"Already picking up on the Midwest terminology I see," Adam said.

His lips curved into a smile and he held open the door for her. She walked back into the large room. Adam pointed towards an open booth next to the bar and Serena walked over. The lower ceilings above the booths really made the music drown out. Serena was grateful it wasn't so loud.

"What are you doing over here all by yourself?"

Serena turned her head to see a gorgeous man walk towards her. He was slim, but trim with soft brown eyes that almost looked gold and perfectly styled red hair. Serena looked around the club and realized there was no shortage of attractive people. She suddenly felt very small.

"Who brought you in here?" He asked again. "Are you a feeder?"

"I did," Adam replied, setting down her pop.

The redhead looked surprised, but leaned over and shook Adam's hand.

"Really?" The man asked.

"Lance this is Serena," Adam said. "She is Piper's new friend."

"I heard about Piper, congratulations," Lance said.

Adam's face went hard again. Serena glanced to Lance who looked uncomfortable. She wondered why Adam hated Thomas so much, apparently nobody else had a problem with him.

"Keep an eye on this one for me?" Adam asked.

Lance nodded and took a seat next to Serena. The intimidating glare he presented earlier vanished and now he acted in a much more relaxed manner. Serena was not amused to be referred to as an object though.

"Is this your first time to Juliet?" Lance asked.

Serena nodded.

"Did your parents drag you here?"

"Just me," Serena said.

The mention of her parents made her uncomfortable. She glanced away, taking a sip of her drink.

"Sorry," Lance said. "I just assumed you were about eighteen."

"Twenty one," Serena said. "I'm here for an internship, before I graduate from college. Can I ask you something?"

"I think you just did," Lance said.

Serena looked back at him and shook her head, he smiled and nodded, signaling his approval of her question.

"What is a feeder?" Serena asked.

Lance looked like he swallowed his tongue. His eyes went big, but then he shut them regaining composure.

"Me and my big mouth," Lance said under his breath, but Serena still heard him.

"It's a new term for drug user," Lance said. "I was asking if you were on drugs."

Serena gave him a smirk and nodded, certain he was lying. She did not look like she was on drugs and he would have no reason to ask, unless he was looking to score some and with his dress pants, button down, and cool demeanor Lance looked far from a user himself.

"Why is Adam so upset about Piper?" Serena asked.

"Adam doesn't believe in serious relationships," Lance said. "Or relationships at all. He doesn't want his little sister to get hurt."

"I didn't realize Piper knew Thomas," Serena said. "I thought they had just met."

"What if they had?" Lance asked. "Wouldn't all of you women folk find that dashingly romantic?"

"More like stupid," Serena said.

"Now can I ask you a question?" Lance asked.

"Only if I retain the right to refuse to answer," Serena said.

She gave Lance a wink and he broke out into a smile. He leaned forward, resting his arms on his legs and looked her dead in the eye. Serena felt a pull, like he was dragging her soul out of her body and into his. With the new feelings calm an intensely calm sensation.

"Why aren't you scared?" Lance asked.

"I have no reason to be," Serena said. "People have been nice to me all night."

Serena felt a pull on her shoulder. Lance blinked and adrenaline ran through Serena's body. That was intense. She looked over to see Adam standing behind her. He wore a smile but was shaking his head at Lance. Serena looked at the redhead to see him grinning ear-to-ear. Serena felt like there was a huge joke going on she wasn't part of.

"Ready for me to walk you home?" Adam asked.

"Sure," Serena said.

She stood up from the booth and Lance followed her lead. He reached out and grabbed her hand, drawing it to his lips, lightly placing a kiss on her skin. Something about him reeked old elegance, even though he couldn't have been over twenty five.

"Until we meet again," Lance said. "Which I have a feeling will be very soon."

Serena nodded, then pulled her hand away unsure of how else to respond. Serena started following Adam towards the front door. She turned around several times to see Lance standing still, watching them leave. His eyes glued to Serena. It was getting hard to tell, but she thought he looked worried. Serena shook the idea from her head and walked outside with Adam.

There was still a line to get inside, but Serena noticed it wasn't nearly as long as before.

"Lead the way little miss," Adam said.

Serena nodded and started making her way towards her loft.

"Crazy night," Serena said.

"You have no idea," Adam said.

"Thanks for walking me home," Serena said. "It seems so safe here."

"For the most part it is," Adam said. "But after dark I would avoid walking alone."

"That's a little sexist," Serena said.

"Certain men shouldn't walk alone either," Adam said. "But certain women are fine to roam these streets. You little miss, are not one of those."

Serena assumed he was referring to her size, she wanted to point out all her self-defense classes, but it was late and she didn't feel like arguing. They stopped walking in front of her loft.

"Do you mind if I use your bathroom?" Adam asked.

"Uh, sure," Serena said.

She wasn't planning on inviting him upstairs, but was thankful she cleaned up her and Piper's mess before they left for the night. When she opened the door she pointed towards the small bathroom. Adam went inside and Serena pulled open the French doors, letting the nighttime breeze fill her place. The toilet flushed and Serena headed back inside.