Blood Relations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That I take as a compliment," Adam said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This was boring. Adam really didn't care about her backstory. He kept thinking of Lance and Piper's observations about Serena. If they were correct the last thing he wanted to know was anything about her, other than how to get in her pants. He worried then he would run the risk of actually caring.

"All finished?" Adam asked.

Serena nodded. He picked up her plate and carried it to the sink. Serena followed him.

"I'll wash the dishes," Adam said. "You go freshen up from your long day at work."

"Why?" Serena asked.

"I'm taking you out," Adam said.

"I had enough going out last night," Serena said.

"I don't mean to the bars," Adam said. "I figure a little walking tour of the town is in order. What better night to do so than Saturday?"

He watched her bite her lip, internally struggling with what to say. Suddenly the urge to have her bite his lip washed over him. He shook the sensation away. All in good time. He needed to slow roll this one. At least until the end of the night.

"Grab a hoodie," Adam said. "It can get a little chilly by the river."

"There's a river?" Serena asked.

Adam laughed.

"After that comment I'm not taking no for an answer," Adam said.

For a human she was quite observant. He thought about his time in Montana and having the club taken away from him as punishment. Adam hoped whatever Malcolm's attachment to this little human was it was just as important as his to the club was. Then getting close to her would be just as big a punishment for Malcolm.

"All ready," Serena said.

Adam turned off the sink and grabbed his sweatjacket.

"Let's go," he said.

He went into the hallway first. He watched as Serena locked the door, tugging on the handle several times to make sure it was shut. Adam didn't lie about her forgetting to lock the door, he just didn't specify which one. It was easy for him to get on her balcony and push the French doors open, then he just unlocked the hall from the inside and brought the groceries in.

They reached the bottom of the steps and Adam held his hand out. He watched Serena struggle with whether or not to take it. As much as he enjoyed her inner battles he wanted to progress their relationship quickly. That way when he moved on she could spend the majority of her summer moping and increase Malcolm's anger. He reached out and grabbed hers, gently and gave her a small smile before leading her down towards the main strip.

"Now everything is open," Serena said. "I came by at noon today and everything was closed."

"Big nightlife area," Adam said. "Most of the shops open around four."

"Even the grocery store?" Serena asked.

"The little market down here opens around then," Adam said.

He spun around to face South.

"If you walk about a mile and a half that way there is a bigger one," Adam said. "It opens around noon. Closed on Sundays though. Me and Piper live down that way too."

Adam turned back to the north and continued walking Serena passed the bars and restaurants on the main drag.

"How is Piper?" Serena asked. "Not regretting leaving with Thomas?"

"Not yet," Adam said.

"You don't like him," Serena said.

"I don't know him," Adam said. "Neither does Piper."

"Last night she said she knew him all her life," Serena said. "She told me she loved him."

Adam had to bite his lip to stop from saying something he would regret.

"Let's just say I don't approve," Adam said.

"If your sister is happy you should be happy for her," Serena said. "Unless he's a bad guy. She seems like she is strong. I bet she can handle herself."

"She's not as strong as she thinks," Adam said.

"You two are close?" Serena asked.

"Very," Adam said. "It was just the two of us growing up. She was always getting into trouble and I always tried very hard to keep her safe. I guess I still do."

"She said she inherited the accounting job from your mother," Serena said.

"Why don't you tell me about your parents," Adam said.

Serena didn't respond for a moment.

"Any brothers or sisters?" Adam asked.

"Just me," Serena said. "Where are we going anyway?"

This girl just didn't want to talk about anything personal. Adam needed to keep her comfortable if his plan was going to work.

"If I tell you it won't be a surprise," Adam said.

"How come everyone is staring at us?" Serena asked.

Adam glanced across the street. There were several members of his pack, people he once called friends congregated outside of a bar. All of their eyes were glued to Adam and Serena. He wasn't sure why they were looking so intently. He had picked up plenty of human girls who were passing through town.

"They're jealous," Adam said.

"I swear if you say because you're with the prettiest girl I'm going to throw up," Serena said.

"No," Adam said. "I meant they're jealous of you, because you're with the most handsome man in town."

Serena started laughing and Adam led her away from his pack and into the sea of strangers that were mingling on the streets. Adam was happy when they walked away from the lights of the main strip, along the dimly lit sidewalk in front of the homes and bed and breakfasts that lined the street.

"Where is the Bizzantium Inn?" Serena asked.

"That's one of the bigger hotels on the river," Adam said.

"Is it beautiful?" Serena asked.

"It's sort of old," Adam said.

"Oh," Serena said.

"Why do you ask?"

Part of him was worried that she met another guy who was staying there. He told himself the worry was only because that would interfere with his plans.

"I was updating their books today," Serena said. "The cheapest room they rent is $1100 a night. That's crazy."

"I'm sure that the more you get to know the accounting of the town you will see all of the businesses charge a lot of money."

"How?" Serena asked. "I don't understand. There isn't anything special about this place. The average hotel room in a town like this should be $100, maybe $150 on the weekends."

Adam knew exactly how to answer the question. This entire city is designed for supernatural to be themselves. There are beautiful woods for Weres to run, multiple options for them to find their mates, and all around let loose. Vampires feel no judgment and can openly bring their feeders, with the promise they agree to hypnotize any human who happens to stay here. There are a multitude of other amenities available specifically for fairies, elves, and trolls. Many relaxing classes offered for witches. Above all there was a truce in this town. No being would go against another. There were a number of reasons why the supernatural paid the exorbitant fees, none of which Adam could say.

"I'm not an economist," Adam said. "I couldn't say."

Serena seemed perturbed by his answer. They were at a cross roads and Serena pointed East.

"What are those lights?" Serena asked.

"Just another strip," Adam said. "Some more bars and restaurants. I wouldn't go there."

"Why not?" Serena asked.

"Because my club is much more fun," Adam said.

The idea of Serena wondering down to those bars sent a chill through his spine. Sure wolves ran the whole town, but those clubs were meant more for vampires. The area where Serena was saying was geared towards the Were tourists. The wolves were much more respectful of humans than some of the other supernatural. The idea of someone drinking from her made him angry for some reason. He shook it off and continued towards the river, where the neutral part of town was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're serious?" Serena asked.

"What?" Adam asked. "Do you have a soft stomach or something?"

"You just don't strike me as a carnival type of guy," Serena said.

"Let's do the tilt-a-whirl first," Adam said.

She felt him grab her hand before dragging her to the ride.

"Is this always here?" Serena asked, following him to their seat.

"May through August," Adam said.

They took a seat and the ride started up. Adam kept throwing his weight to either side in order to make them spin faster. Serena couldn't help it and she started screaming with laughter as they whipped around in circles. The ride came to a stop and Serena felt like her head was still spinning.

"If I'm not mistaken little miss, it appears you are smiling," Adam said.

"Can we do it again?" Serena asked.

Adam nodded and signaled to the operator. The ride started up again and Serena felt all of her cares slide away as Adam continued to shift his weight much to her delight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Alright," Adam said. "We hit up the almost all the rides now. I think there's only one left."

He pointed up in the air at the ferris wheel. Serena pulled out her phone. It was almost midnight. She hated to admit it, but she didn't want the night to end. Going on these mindless rides made her feel like a kid again.

"Well it wouldn't be fair to the ferris wheel if we went on all of the rides but him," Serena said.

She grabbed on to Adam's hand and started pulling him to the wheel. Like all the other rides they stepped right on. The operator started the machine, but they kept stopping so other couples could get on or off.

"I know it's dark," Adam said. "But if you look over there you can see the river."

"We really are right next to it," Serena said.

They continued to climb. Serena saw a lot of trees dusted with some lights from businesses.

"There are a lot of woods around here," she said. "Are there four little downtown areas?"

"Yep," Adam said. "Each is a little different, but you're staying near the best one. No need to step off the path."

"What's that over there?" Serena asked.

"Man made lake," Adam said. "More like a pond. If you want to go swimming it's better to head to one of the hotels."

The ferris wheel operator sounded a bell and this time they really started moving. When they reached the top Serena let out a shiver. Adam put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her next to him. She stiffened up at first, but then remembered where she was. After all, he hadn't been so bad tonight. She let herself relax and leaned into him.

The ride was over too fast and of course they were the first ones let off.

"Let me take you home," Adam said.

The rides were starting to close down and Serena let out a yawn. Instead of going back the way they came Adam walked down some side streets.

"Is this a shortcut?" Serena asked.

"In a way," Adam said. "We just avoid the crowds on the main street."

"You don't want to check in on your club?" Serena asked.

"On my night off?" Adam asked. "I don't think so."

"I'll have to remember this if I ever want to jog by the river," Serena said.

She felt Adam tighten his grip on her hand.

"It's not well lit," Adam said. "I would avoid going out alone at night."

"I'm not much of a night jogger," Serena said.

Last night replayed in her head. She didn't want another reminder of how fragile he found her. She let out a sigh and they finished their walk in silence. When they arrived at the loft Adam followed her upstairs.

"I had fun tonight," Serena said. Hoping he got the hint he wasn't invited inside.

"Can I use your bathroom?" Adam asked.

"Sure," Serena said, wondering if that was his go-to way of getting into a girl's apartment.

She unlocked the door. Adam went for the bathroom and Serena pulled open the French doors. She walked out on the balcony and looked down towards Adam's club. There was a line to get inside again, but she did appreciate how none of the noise carried to her window.

The breeze felt so good on her face. Serena closed her eyes and felt the same sensations she had on the tilt-a-whirl envelop her. Suddenly there was a pair of hands on her hips, but the peaceful feeling didn't go away. Serena knew Adam was right behind her, but she still felt safe. She felt Adam's lips on her neck and automatically fell back into him. He continued to lick and suck on her neck, stopping right below her ear. She heard his heavy breathing and turned her head to meet Adam's gaze.

"So beautiful," he said.

She spun around and his mouth was on hers in an instance. His kiss was hard and his tongue hungrily probed hers. Serena felt her head go fuzzy. She couldn't focus on anything but his lips. It felt like she was floating, but then when she felt the softness of her bed on her back she realized Adam had just picked her up. He pulled away from her and looked down, his green eyes were hazy with lust and she knew she looked the same. As quickly as possible he used one hand to pull his shirt over his head.

Serena wanted his mouth back on hers. She lifted her head as he came back down and started kissing her. She ran her hands along his chest and stomach. His body was flawless. He felt his hands tug the bottom of her shirt, pushing it up over her stomach. Suddenly everything changed. This was too much. She went from gentle caresses to pushing him away. He was hesitant to break their embrace, but finally got the hint and leaned off of her.

"What are you doing?" Serena asked.

Adam looked down at her with shock.

"I thought...," he started.

"You thought I was some sort of slut?" Serena asked.

"What?" Adam looked taken aback.

Serena shoved him off of her and stood up from the bed.

"I don't know where you got that idea," Adam said.

"I didn't ask you up here," Serena said. "I didn't want you in my apartment, I didn't want you to cook for me or take me out, and I certainly don't want you in my bed."

She picked up his shirt from the floor and threw it at him.

"Get out," Serena said.

She wished that her bed was in another room, but the only place for her to escape was the bathroom. She went in there and closed the door. Serena leaned against the frame and heard stillness for a moment.

"Okay crazy," Adam said. "Have a nice life."

His footsteps sounded across the loft. The door slammed shut and Serena felt the breath rush out of her lungs. All the e-mails and accusations were getting too her. Serena started hyperventilating as she slid down the floor, curling into a small ball on the bathroom floor.