All Comments on 'Bonding Chronicle, April Fools 2018'

by PantherParabola

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Drugs and Hackers are BAD

Did your account get hacked? This is trash. Whoever posted this dumpster fire is a bigger pile of shít than the worth-less-than-garbage story itself. Delete this as soon as you regain control of your account or come down from whatever drugs you are clearly abusing. Seriously tho, 1 star forever

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 6 years ago
Could not read this cuckold "joke"

Was excited to see a posting of Bonding Chronicle. I must say this "April Fools" prank has left me not amused and disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow people.

It straight up says April Fools in the title. It is a non-canon chapter, a joke. Don't complain and insult. Just ignore it and wait for a real chapter.

aisielynnaisielynnabout 6 years ago
Thankful this is an April Fools story...

It was different and definitely not what any of us would prefer to see happen to Andrew and Sara..... Thankfully, I knew from the beginning that it was all an April Fools story and the furthest thing from what will be happening between Andrew and Sara. I'm just glad you didn't add Karen into the mix of this April Fools joke. *smiles*

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 6 years agoAuthor
Dance puppets!

I probably shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am, but I can't help myself.

These reactions were all too predictable, and the topics of that "joke" were spoon fed to me by the overly concerned comments from recent chapters. To those of you who understood that this was a joke, thank you for your understanding and good humor.

The real first part of Chapter 19 is public on my patreon already:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/chapter-19-part-17915130

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fans

You lost a fan. Not because of the story, but because of the comment. As an adult everyone should learn to accept everyone else for their foibles/idiosyncrasy. In other words, the story was not my kink, but i simply stopped reading and moved on. Most writers want fans that are passionate about their stories. i understand that some fans go too far, i write also (just not as well or often). some of us simply support our favorite authors with great ratings and patreon donations and dont particularly appreciate that we are laughed at and intentionally given the finger from someone that we only have given positive support to. It doesn't feel good to have someone point blank tell you that your positive opinion and support means nothing. Just as some of the vitriol you have received has not been viewed kindly from you. Ironically you have turned around and flung that turdbomb indiscriminately at us.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 6 years agoAuthor
Fan Appreciation

I value my fans enough to trust that they understand the good natured humor that this vignette was intended to be. It was short, and diverged quickly into chaos in a way that should have stood out as incongruous with everything that came before it. Further, I made it clear that it was a joke through the title, and trusted that the moment someone hit something they didn't like that they could leave it alone and wait for the real next chapter. Finally, I made the first part of that chapter available on Patreon the day after I posted the April Fools joke on that site, public for everyone.

That being said, I'm not going to respect anyone who lashes out and reacts without considering their words or actions, and I hate the fact that I knew a lot of my readers were going to do just that. My anticipation is that my next chapter will get far more downvotes than previous ones, solely on the weight of anger carried over from this -- and that is sad.

I love my readers, and have engaged with every piece of feedback I've ever received. I've gone so far as to talk with some who hated turns that the story had taken through voice conferencing. The fact is, I value open and honest criticism, but much of what has come up lately is blind fear that the characters are going to become something they are not.

Those fears, in my estimation, are unfounded and show a considerable lack of trust in me as an author. Further, your assertion that I'm giving my readers the middle finger is as laughable as this April Fools joke. This vignette shows just how deep I could go if I didn't care about my characters or the world I have been building. It shows just how far they could fall and how quickly I could tear apart their lives.

It is well written and full of hidden meanings, just like everything else I have tried to do with this story, making it all the more painful. I wrote this with all of that in mind, trusting that those who believe in me as a writer recognize the game I am playing, and the statement that this chapter makes.

In a way this joke is a promise to all of you that things will never fall apart like this. That while the characters will grow and change, they are fundamentally going to remain the same good natured and loving people they've always have been. Tragedies will come and go, but they will remain strong and true to each other.

Anyways... Back to work.

chip812chip812about 6 years ago
But why???

That was an interesting detour from what we've come to expect. Even IF it was a dream sequence, it goes pretty far down the rabbit hole. I have to admit, this was difficult for me to read and if it hadn't said April Fool, I would have probably not finished. I understand that everyone needs a little 'strange' every now and then. I gave it 5 stars just on the form and not the content. We are all very aware that you 'could' sow grief and destruction but I'm not sure why you would. Keep up the good work and please return us to our previously scheduled program. Still a fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sooooooooooo

An unexpected twist indeed. Not my cup of tea but your saving grace was the advance of Chapter 19 which got me back into the groove.

Very well written but... sorry, no vote this time

hardheadd1hardheadd1about 6 years ago

Well you just lost a reader.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 6 years ago
well

In case you haven't figured it out, your readers hated this story, simply because they love what you usually write. Even as a joke, this is repulsive to me. As with any other joke pulled on me, if it is only fun to one of the two people involved, its a poor joke.

muze1602muze1602about 6 years ago
Re-Fan appreciation

I read it and thought WTF?!?! I can only say for myself that I really enjoy your writing, I really like your characters and I'm always interested in where the story goes. Yeah it's fantasy but I hate when the main characters are not cared for. It's just me. Once I'd gotten the gist of where the narrative was heading I took the option of not reading it but have read the comments. Whoa! Pretty strong reactions so maybe I'm not the only one that gets protective about the characters and the story. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 6 years agoAuthor
Revenge

You all might be happy to know that I think my infant daughter agrees with you. She just gave me the latest in a long line of plagues, specially designed, on your behalf, to make me suffer for my sins

*grin*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow...

I get the whole this is a joke thing. just a tad over the top, a slight injustice to the charters you have created. Joke if you will, that is the nature of April fools after all, but you have a skill to have done this better.

From the one comment I think some may believe this to be the next chapter, and make you lose some readers. I don't believe it is, at least I am hoping, like many others, that it isn't. I would have rather seen the next chapter of the story.

An A for the effort on the writing has to be an F for the joke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
....huh.

April fool's, 6 days late.

Those comments are interesting. I would say that you should never be surprised by the vulgarities of your fellow human beings, but instead only be pleasantly astonished when they manage to act...politely.

Then again, I am unfortunate enough to be a cynic. And I doubt I could or would want to write the story you are writing.

And now, having said much of little importance, I bid you good day and happy living.

I, for one, am not offended - but neither am I amused.

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaabout 6 years agoAuthor
Re ...huh

That is a perfect response. Thanks!

It was published six days after April first, but I submitted it April second. That is part of the reason I love Patreon, because you do not have the artificial delay. Ever since my first chapter, I've never once had one of my chapters get denied, so I wish Lit. would have some kind of trusted author program or something... I feel like I've earned that much.

Though, many of my readers might argue that this April first chapter brings that into question. *grin*

onewaylostonewaylostabout 6 years ago
Zack

Last of your work I will read. Lost me as a fan. Another reader gone. I didn't think this was funny or interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not sure who exactly you're fooling...

Anyway, I'm glad you got that out of your system, although now I'll always have this feeling you might have this creep it's way into the main narrative. Not sure how I feel about it going forward, fortunately you've built up enough trust that I'll give your next couple submissions a read.

I usually enjoy myself while reading your work, this did nothing for me personally.

scorge30scorge30almost 6 years ago
First post by Panther that I did not enjoy

I did not like this post at all. For the first time, I find myself hating something Panther wrote. I do not the way the characters that I have come to enjoy reading about are portrayed. I hope that Panther does not write another post following in this theme.

PyroDragonPyroDragonover 4 years ago
Revenge from the author?

There are several problems here that need to be pointed out. First, when an author writes a story like this, focused on romance, it's inevitable that the readers will be emotionally invested in the characters even with little effort. If the main is male then that readerbase will more likely than not lean toward a male one. Second, this story started out with a relationship between a man and a woman who had no choice in the matter. And that is what the readers have been promised. A sweet story between one guy and one girl in a supernatural world. It slowly evolved to polygamy, but at that point no one still had a choice in the matter and their relationships evolved organically despite the bond forcing them. The readers still felt that the promises from the start of the story were being kept. Keeping this in mind, the readerbase getting concerned at any hint that another guy might be included in this is justified, and the higher the emotional investment, the more violently that readerbase will react. Especially when in other stories in literotica it has happened, a precedence is already in place. I have to say that as an author you have an amazing way to bring characters to life, but this can work against you as I'm sure the violent reactions from some readers has shown you. Now, considering all of this, you've just shown all the readers what you're truly capable of doing. Driving the point home by saying how this was inspired by the worries of readers in past chapters. How can any of them trust you now? Any of their complaints will be driven by the fear that they'll piss you off and make you take the story through the path they hate the most to get back at them. And it has happened before, I've seen it myself. Authors getting pissed at their audience and taking the story exactly where the audience didn't want it to go just to get back at them. If this was a joke, it was in poor taste and no one is laughing. But everyone does undestand that you have the skill to destroy Andrew's relationships in the most infuriating manner possible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well if this other guy was the main character I'd read this serie.

This acts as a great review of what to expect, like so many sci-fi fantasy male main lead is a white knight limp dick. And apparently a potential sissy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So what you trying to depict here is that your fanbase ...are your bitches?

Thank fuck I saw this first before wasting my time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPantherParabola@PantherParabola
1342 Followers
Like many writers, I've created a Patreon account and am publishing my chapters there in advance of their release here. Since there is no approval process on Patreon, chapters appear there immediately for all subscribers, and may take upwards of a week to appear here. Further,...