Book of Flames Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----

She awoke in a bedroom. Wind was whipping the curtains gently as the quiet sounds of night encompassed the room. Keira got up slowly holding her head, a dull throbbing pain making her wince. She looked around the room and noticed a note on the table in the corner by some couches. She got up slowly, feeling sore all over and picked it up.

Keria,

You passed the test, thankfully. I apologize for not warning you of the Plain Trials. I am most pleased and glad you have passed. The Council had decided to find the books and put the Colony planets on high alert. We have been asked to stay here, for they want to host a ceremony in your honor. After that, the Council has decided to see if you can locate the other Elementals. I will explain further tomorrow. As for now please rest and recover. You have been through a lot for a single person. If you feel the need to talk to me, or Greyson, we are residing down the hall from you, on the right.

Sleep well,

Samuel

Keria put the note down. She wandered a bit around the room, there was a display of fruit and water. She poured herself a drink and decided to try some fruit. She picked up something that looked like a purple orange and bit into it. It was extremely sour, the juices smelling foul and she spat it out into a napkin, gagging. She decided to skip the fruit.

She headed to what looked like a wardrobe, there was a mirror in front of it. She peered at the woman looking back at her. She hardly recognized herself. Her eyes shone a swirling red and she could see the outline of symbols, looking almost like scars, covering parts of her skin. She took off her clothes to get a better look. The symbols swirled up over her hips, across her lower abdomen and up her sides curling slightly over her breasts. More symbols went from her cleavage to the sides of her neck, up into her hair line, meeting with symbols going down her spine. She brushed her fingers over them, jumping at how sensitive they really were.

Opening the wardrobe she rifled through the clothes, they were light weight, fitting for the warmth of this planet, she spied a light blue dress, and tried it on. It had a snug collar that draped the clothing to the sides of her arms, baring her shoulders. The back was open, a wide 'v' ending just above her butt, showing off her back symbols. It was gathered slightly under her breasts, and had a skirt with slits running up to her hips on both sides. It flowed over her body, the wind making the skirt ruffle. She felt sexy and beautiful with it on. She could just make out her nipples in the dim light, the little bumps of her jewelry drawing the eye.

She made a decision quickly and headed out the door and down the hallway. Two rooms were at the end and she tried to figure out who was in which one. As she came closer she heard muffled noise, it sounded like a cat. Coming closer to one of the doors, she could hear creaking noises and the sound of mewing. The door wasn't closed completely, so she opened it slowly, curiosity getting the best of her.

In the bed, she could see two shapes, smooth white back, covered by slightly furred arms, as it dawned on Keira just what was happening. She heard the mewing pants as they picked up speed and the figure underneath yowled, scratching the back of the figure on top. He raised his head, brows furrowed as he met his own release as Greyson's eyes met Keira's.

Her eyes widened and she stumbled back and ran down the hall. She was a mess of emotion and confusion as she ran down flights of stairs, past surprised people and out into the street. She kept running until she felt the energy die down, leaving a dull ache in her chest. She found herself near a dock, the three moons illuminating the water as it lapped at a barrier wall. She walked to the edge and sat down, the urge to cry welling in her chest.

She didn't understand why. She felt misplaced blame, wondering why he rejected her. She thought maybe it was fear or he held a grudge against her. Even though she felt a strong connection to him, maybe he didn't want it. Maybe he didn't want her. She looked at the reflection in the water, her tears dripping into the vast dark ocean and saw another reflection beside her. Turning she looked at him.

"Hello," he spoke quietly, "I saw you running, Baelea, and I followed you to make sure you were okay." He bowed his head slightly as Keira looked him over. He had white hair, intricately braided, his ears were pointed, his eyes were a really pretty green, big and almond shaped. He looked like a elf. He wore the golden armor of the city. It shone in the moonlight.

"Who are you?" she asked wiping her eyes. He offered her a cloth, it felt like silk and had a pattern of a tree and moons.

"I am Arritheon, you may use Ari if it is easier." He smiled at her gently, "May I ask why an Elemental is running through the streets crying?"

She looked back into the water, biting her lip, "It was just a miscommunication of sorts, I was mistaken about someones feelings."

"Ah," he said, offering his cloak to her, "It is a bit cold out here, please take this."

"Thank you," she said, blushing when she caught his gaze on her chest, her nipples were clearly visible through the fabric. She hugged the cloak closer to her, it was very warm, the chill of the air cut off, and it smelled faintly woodsy. They sat there quietly, staring out into the water before she broke the silence. "I think I should head back, I don't want a full blown panic to spread if people realize I'm gone."

Ari stood and helped her up. He escorted her through the streets holding her hand on his arm and talked a bit about the city and stores within it. She found herself looking up at him often, the pain dulled into the back of her head and heart as he took her mind off of things.

Suddenly there was a sharp pain in her foot and she cried out. Ari bent to examine her foot as she held onto his shoulders. He pulled out a sliver of metal, it was jagged and her foot started bleeding immediately. Reaching into his pouch he put a green salve on it and wrapped it in some cloth, it smelled of mint. Before Keira could protest, he gathered her up in his arms and continued walking.

"You don't have to carry me" she replied as she held onto his neck, "I can walk."

"No, Baelea, I don't want you anymore injured than you already are. Let me have the honor of carrying you."

Keira couldn't form a response to that so she just sighed, letting him carry her. She rested her head on his shoulder, smelling that woodland scent again as he reached the tower she was staying in. He carried her up the flights of stairs, his gait steady and strong, as if he was just carrying a feather. They reached Keira's bedroom, he set her down gently as she looked down the hallway to Greyson's, his door was closed, all was quiet.

Ari looked to where her attention was then looked back at her. "Will you be okay?" he asked gently, touching her chin to get her attention.

"Yes, thank you Ari. You were more than kind to me." She smiled up at him lost in his green eyes. She lingered not wanting him to leave, and something he said dawned on her and she asked trying to sound it out, "Ari? What does Bay-lee-a mean?"

"Ah, I'm sorry, I forget not everything translates. Baelea means, as best I can describe it to you, 'As beautiful as the Mother Moon' it is said to those found most beautiful to the eyes."

She blushed heavily. "Thank you Ari. That is quiet a compliment."

"You are most welcome, my lady. Now, I must bid you a deep slumber, for you have a big day tomorrow." He bowed again kissing her hand and turned to walk away. Keira watched him until he turned the corner and turned to her door. She glanced down the hallway again, and froze meeting Greyson's gaze as he shut his door.

She sighed heavily and entered in, plopping on the bed. Not only was she facing a war, but her Keeper was being confusing as well. As she covered herself with a blanket her thoughts were torn between two.

*****

~Thank you all for the comments and I hope you enjoy this longer chapter. I will try to make them a little longer from now on since that's the most common request. Thank you all for reading! -S.S~

12