All Comments on 'Bound in Spirals Ch. 04'

by DistortedSense

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
aadel1001aadel1001almost 9 years ago
AKA Great Story/ Part 3

Again another great chapter but this times leaving a few open areas for you to expand on which is my guess for why you changed the point of views. Just an observation, and I think you know this already but if 2 things are touching, that can also be considered a but and if you continuously sever a space and not anything fill the space that can also be a sever, but this is your story and who am I to say anything. Anyways thanks for the good story telling to were you can paint a picture and keep doing what your doing and have fun with it. Always waiting for the next chapter so good luck to your future endeavors.

P.S. Not trying to be a critic just trying to shoot ideas.

DistortedSenseDistortedSensealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Response to aadel1001

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the severing? Also, I'm totally down for suggestions so don't worry about seeming like a critic. :)

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. I look forward to reading many more.

aadel1001aadel1001almost 9 years ago
idea

I made I vague so that way you can make your own assumption but to clarify a little more, in a nutshell, bind puts things and or keeps things together just like the sword is stuck to his back. What happens when you do the opposite. Better yet later down the line you so something that requires both. binding a familiar, healing, and placements. breaking down, tearing, moving something apart. While both are magical binding can loosely be used in ways you think magic would work along with. Sever can be explained by physics. the reason i say this is cause you set him up to be smart by working in a library, you made him O.P. with magic, and how you showed precision with magic theirs a lot of possibilities, that what i meant. In conclusion I'm good with puzzles and I like fantasy stuff and I like science, so that's my proud inner nerd talking. I'm trying to hint out more and stay vague, because with what i said you could come up with a whole new thing.

DistortedSenseDistortedSensealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Response to aadel1001 part 2

Ah, yes I see what you mean. I do have some plans for severing, but it is admittedly more difficult to come up with ideas for it. Binding is considerably more versatile, and I have more uses for it so far, but that's mostly due to it being the MC's ability so I think of it quite a bit more. I do intend to showcase severing a lot more as I expand the world and show more of the other characters (Tenall mainly and others yet to be revealed). I plan on making this a grand adventurous story, and I mean to make each of the magic variants play parts in it. I've already gotten a few ideas as I write this comment, so thank you for making me think a bit, haha. I just wish I could write faster! I get so excited when I think about the story and all my plans for it. Anyways, I love hearing suggestions and theories, so feel free to comment or send it to me in feedback. Even if I don't end up using them, I often come up with new ideas from other's suggestions. :D

gman2016gman2016almost 9 years ago
Great Story!!!

I just want to start out by saying that I really like your story and appreciate your skill in storytelling. I especially love this chapter because you showed that Sam isn't all powerful and can fix everything simply with magic. I hate it when authors power their main characters up too quickly and without any conflict to justify their increase in power. My main suggestion, if your interested, is to take your time with Sam's power and not over power him to soon. Again, this is just a suggestion, I'm not trying to force anything on to you. Also, I personally find it great when authors put flashbacks in their stories to further build interest in their characters. I have seen many great stories ruined by the author's inability to build a connection between their characters and their readers. I personally would love to see more of the main characters' past! Again, these are all just friendly suggestions from a fan. Take from them what you will.

DistortedSenseDistortedSensealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Response to gman2016

First of all, thanks for the great feedback! I plan to show more backstory in the coming chapters, particularly Sam's, and others' as I delve more into the Crestell royal family's perspectives. As for power increases, for the most part it will be much more gradual after the initial boost. Sam is still a normal guy with little to no knowledge on combat, strategy, and his own powers. Anyways, I really appreciate hearing your thoughts on my story! :)

FieroGT1988FieroGT1988almost 9 years ago
Suggestions for future.

Sam and Dettella cross paths in elf country, slow development of love interest, as he pledges to help her with her problem after she helps him heal Theodore. Love the story line so far just enough magic and action to keep my disbelief suspended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for writing this story I love it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDistortedSense@DistortedSense
Read the rest of Bound in Spirals book one @ wattpad.com/distortedsense ! If you want to support me and check out my new writing you can find it available publicly there as well as on my Patreon account where I post new chapters a month early @ patreon.com/distortedsense ! Tha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES