Bound Together Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sinny435
sinny435
64 Followers

It took me a bit to process what Cane had just revealed. After my brain took enough time to decipher what was said I blurted out. "What?! No affinity with magic? Me? But I'm pretty sure you said you felt something from me when we met on the bridge."

Cane drank the rest of the tea and settled back into his chair. "Well to be honest, I wasn't actually hunting for students at that time. I was following a lead on a magical tome that had been uncovered in a crypt when I heard your shout of pain. On a whim I peeked to see you and felt some magic, I guess it came from the sword linking to you subconsciously. Also while the other principals and I knew of the tale, searching every single non-magic person would be a hassle we quickly just looked for those with budding talent. And while the tale describes you as having the potential to great power, it doesn't tell of what exactly are your strengths if there are any. From what I had gathered, most of your power is dependent on the bond to the Queens. This is all speculation of course since I have no experience with this happening myself. I'll see if I can have your classes changed to focus more on physical training and knowledge rather than magic for now."

Crumpling into the chair, drained of my previous enthusiasm of the other day. I was glad that I wasn't completely useless in this new world, however the expectation to wield magic was exciting. Absent mindedly scratching Ember's head, I tried to sort out the chaos that swarmed my thoughts. While it was disappointing to not be able to use magic, I was in this world now and I would make the be at of it I could. Sorting out my priorities, I first would need to train my body to better utilize a sword. Second I need to gather any information about the Elemental Queens and Razirq without arousing too much attention. Lastly is trying to gather skills necessary to get the other two relics. Grasping the teacup I drank the cooled tea to the last drop. "Thank you for the information, I have a lot to think about and absolutely do not regret coming to this school. Now if you'll excuse me I would like to go to my room and rest, this trip ended up being quite more tiring than I had expected."

"Of course, should you have any more concerns do not hesitate to contact Walter as my schedule can be hectic at times." Getting up from his desk, Cane came over to my seat. "Before you leave though, let me release one of the locks on Ember." With a very rapid amount of drawing done on the air, a circle with thousands of tiny runes appeared in front of Ember's head. Finished, Cane walked back to his chair and witg a loud snapping noise the circle shattered and disappeared without a trace.

"What was that just now?!" I couldn't tell if anything had changed at that moment. I wasn't even sure if what had happened actually happened.

Sitting back down, Cane rested back in the chair. "I have just released one of the locks set on Ember, specifically the relic which contains her essence. There are three locks in total which prevent the misuse of any power by the student as well as protect the student from any backlash since they have not grown into their relic's potential. Usually there is a period of time, about a week, before the first lock is released since students will usually have some talent on their own. In your case however I have decided to give you a little grace period before the school starts up. The other locks are released based on my digression or when the student has successfully passed their schooling to take the next level. Some students progress quickly while others take more time, I care not how fast one grows however their growth is still important. Take this time and train with Ember there. Off you go, I have things I must get done."

Thanking Cane, I walked out with Ember padding along right in front of me. Walking outside the sky is beginning to darken. 'Huh, I was in there much longer than I expected.' Heading towards the dorms I didn't come across anyone and ended up by my room after a few minutes. Inside, I removed my jacket and lied down on the bed, mentally exhausted. Crawling onto my stomach, Ember purred contently.

*So, I have regained a little more of my memories and power. I'm sure you must have questions, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.*

"I guess, but I'm pretty tired right now. To be honest I think I could sleep all tomorrow too heh." Smiling, I looked at the ceiling. "Thank you for choosing someone like me, despite everything that may happen I don't regret having met you."

*I didn't choose someone like you, I choose you and you alone because I knew you were one of the most kindhearted and virtuous souls that I've met in a long time. And knowing that it's you, I'm sure we can retrieve my sisters as well, for whatever may face us.*

Fatigue had begun to set in and my eyes were closing on their own. "Well we are bound together after all."

sinny435
sinny435
64 Followers
12