All Comments on 'Braxton'

by double_entendre

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
papagrizpapagrizover 12 years ago
A VERY ENJOYABLE STORY

I will let anonymous tell you about the few spelling errors and I will tell you that I really liked your story. It was well put together flowed very nicely and kept my interest from beginning to end. I would say that you either researched colleges or you have a vast background in education. While the extra year for sex education was a little unorthodox I'm not sure but what that extra year might be beneficical to a lot of students. At any rate it was a good read.

lokiloslokilosover 12 years ago
Great Story

This is one of the best stories I've read recently. It flowed well, was easy to follow, and the premise was very intriguing. This was a solid 5 stars.

I was so amazed there weren't more comments on this story that I had to comment myself to tell you that you had done a phenomenal job with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Okay

Good and well written, could be more erotic in later. Id like to see Johnny have a gay experience, but great plot. Become

A writer

OleguyOleguyover 11 years ago
Why ?

Why on earth did ANON want your hero to turn gay.

It was very obvious the lad is an accomplished and well trained heterosexual.

Liked it !

vaccvaccalmost 11 years ago
Should have proofread this.

This was a decent story -- better than decent, actually -- but it had one glaring flaw. You apparently did the same thing I've seen with a number of other writers do here. You ran the completed piece through the spell checker and grammar checker and then uploaded it without proofreading it. That's the only way I can account for the number of perfectly spelled words that were used incorrectly (that had a meaning other than what the context seemed to require). There are two ways of doing this. You can either watch very carefully as the spell checker does its thing and type in the correct word when it suggests something like "to" when you really meant "too" or you can proofread it for context and meaning after the spell checker is finished. What you can't do is skip both.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
malaproprism or catachresis?

J'adore how that spell-check is homophone-phobic and auto-fill functions often place the wrong word into the right context to be out-loud-laughable. A pox upon the pointy heads of Academic English Poindexters. Their futile scrabbling at trying to control the Britamerican language is as futile as clutching an ice-cube in your hand to keep it from melting.

Oleguy suffers the common pseudo-masculine delusion that there are little boxes of separate sexual acts These phobics are unable to comprehend the difference between rutting, fucking and making love.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 9 years ago
Interesting, but flawed

Let me try to put the previous commenter's reactions into relatively plain English:

The story itself is solid. However, your punctuation is horrendous and you have a severe problem with homophones (words that are pronounced alike but spelled differently). These issues are all the more glaring given the subject matter of the story; a graduate of such an elite school would certainly know how to employ the English language properly.

The moral here: find yourself a (competent) editor. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Grammar

You have a very peculiar idea about position of punctuation marks. It detracts from the overall effect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Need an editor!

Your wrong grammar, spelling errors, and using the wrong "sound-a-like" words added a bit of humor to the story. I still liked the concept but an editor would help this be a truly first class work worthy of a Braxton grad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Boring

Nothing happened. An interesting story needs conflict, a character arc, something. Not bad, just not good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous