Breaking Barriers Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It smells great in here," Vale said, hoping to encourage the boy. Kip turned and looked at him over his shoulder, trepidation marring his soft facial features. Still, he clasped his potential boyfriend's hand. He walked backward to keep his eyes on Vale while he led him to his seat. Vale's eyes flicked upwards from Kip's gaze to take in the display. The tablecloth that hung across the dark dining room table showed an elegant Fleur-de-lis pattern in a somber red and black. It looked like it came from an upscale restaurant. There was a modest centerpiece that featured a trio of cacti, one of which had buds on it.

"Thank you," Kip said with a small smile, before tucking into the kitchen. "I'm just going to grab the food. Please have a seat."

Vale sat at the end Kip had led him to, straightening his cerulean blue dress shirt. It had seemed simple enough to go with his black slacks, and it brought out the blue in his eyes, Kip noted. Within a few trips from the kitchen to the table, all of the food was served, and Vale watched with amusement. Kip blushed when he realized.

"What's that look for?" Kip asked as he seated himself, and Vale grinned broadly.

"I love a man that can cook," he said, as they both helped themselves to the deliciously scented food. Kip could barely hold back his guffaw.

"I can cook what I need, but I won't do much more unless it's at gun-point," Kip explained.

Vale's eyes lit up as he mischievously muttered, "Duly noted."

Conversation ceased as they began to eat, but Kip kept watch for the little appreciative gestures that Vale displayed. Rolling the food along his fork, blissfully closing his eyes while eating the pasta, and sopping up every last bit of sauce. Between bites, they stayed to safe topics, such as family or work. Kip told him about the ranch his folks ran back home, and how he missed it sometimes. If anything was a boner kill, it was thinking about his parents, who had been less than supportive. At least where his mother was concerned, and he desperately needed to get his mind off where their texts had ended the previous night, lest he hyperventilate.

"It must be quite different, being in the city now," Vale said, twirling some food on his fork. "I've never really been in the country much myself. I wouldn't mind seeing it."

"Yeah, it's beautiful," Kip admitted. "The best scenery around, and I do miss the animals."

"Not the people?" Vale asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Hardly," Kip said, hiding his chagrin with another bite. After a few thoughtful chews and swallowing, he continued. "The animals were nicer."

"Oh," was all Vale could think to say. Kip kept glancing, in case he said something he would have to lip-read. At least the appointment for his new hearing aids was soon. When his eyes met Vale's, a heat rose in his throat, remembering his insinuations from last night. From the playful glances and knowing smirk that Vale cast him every now and again, he could tell that it was hovering somewhere in Vale's mind as well. Conversation drifted towards Vale's work, and his latest illustration, and Kip felt a twinge of envy at his artistic talent.

"I wish I could draw," Kip said. "I tried as a kid, but I never got any better. How did you get started in it?"

Vale shrugged. "My parents bought me superhero coloring books, and I just never stopped, really. I could give you lessons, but honestly, I think video game design is pretty artistic. It's just a different medium."

Kip paused to consider his words, then nodded. As they finished up the meal, Kip took care of the dishes, battling Vale, who politely tried to help. Kip swatted his hands away as he dipped in front of him to take his nearly clean plate.

"You're a guest," was Kip's only respite, and Vale sat back and crossed his arms, an amused glint in his eye that followed the younger man. Kip could feel it all the way in the kitchen. He rinsed the dishes that needed it and put the sparse leftovers in the fridge. All the time, his mind kept drifting back to their texts, and the overbearing thought that surrounded him like a dark and thundering rain cloud. I have to tell him. There's no way out of it.

As soon as he finished the last dish and was getting ready to go back to Vale, he felt strong arms wrap around him and nearly haul him off his feet. He squealed embarrassingly, and he could feel Vale's nicely defined chest bucking with laughter against him. Dexterous lips found their way to the nape of his neck, and Kip's squirms died as they turned to moans. Vale's breath was right near his ear, and his whisper, although hard to hear, was unmistakable.

"I missed you," Vale said as he wrapped his arms around Kip's chest, holding him close. Kip thanked every imaginable deity that he'd had his top surgery already. "Now, I believe we have a discussion to have." Before Kip could protest, Vale picked him up and hoisted him over his shoulder, and hauled him down the hall to his room.

"Wait, I really do have something to tell you," Kip panted, struggling in the grasp, but also terrified of being dropped. He hadn't been picked up since he was child, and Vale wasn't exactly going slow.

"No one has ever made me work this hard before, or wait this long," Vale said, as he threw the smaller man on the bed. "But it's worth it for a cutie like you." The playful smile disappeared as he saw Kip wince and clutch his ankle. "What's wrong?"

"Sorry," Kip said, rubbing his ankle just above his low-cut sock. "I think I smacked the bed frame a bit."

"I'm sorry, sweetie," Vale said as he quickly swooped to one knee. "I'll kiss it better for you."

"No, really, it's okay," Kip said, but his protests were brushed away with a dismissive flick of Vale's hand, which then gripped his ankle, rubbing it softly. Kip was just beginning to enjoy it when he abruptly stopped, and he saw Vale's head duck further. When he came back up, he was holding a small, square photograph, gazing at it curiously. Then he looked to Kip and turned it around.

"Who is this?" Vale asked, a small twinge of recognition flashing across his face. Kip paled, his heart feeling as if it had jumped in his throat.

"So, about that thing I have to tell you..."

--------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement to keep writing. No worries, as I have plenty more where this came from. This will eventually be a novel that will be edited and published. Thank you all for your early support. :)

12